Ecoegg

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

T

tristar

Guest Shopper
This has to be the worst ever purchase from qvc. It doesnt clean clothes. no matter what they say or they wheel out Kim Woodburn to front it. It doesnt remove stains but worst of all, the sweaty bits of your clothes, well just smell the areas when you take them out the wash, yuck! You can then think what state your kecks get in, if people are using it, then they are not really cleaning their clothes, yuck.

Also it breaks open after a few washes, you then get balls all over the wash, Loads of customers have commented on this in reviews yet still QVC sell this odgy rubber egg with surely the potential to knacker your washer, in my opinion.

You do need soap to wash your clothes. Kim must be really hard up to get involved. does she use it. More like do her hired help use it? Who knows, despite her comments she never actually said on qvc that she used it, She missed that bit out.

as this is such a lame product cannot belive their has not been other thread here.

I know Tristar, I ordered it thought I would give it a go. It's useless, the only scent you get is from the washing which smells unwashed! My whites went totally grey, the hubby's shirt collar was still marked and as for my sons football gear it was terrible. I was one of the few lucky ones where the egg didn't break, but I noticed on the reviews that it had ruined a lot of machines. It was sent back after I had used my regular washing liquid and the difference was amazing so I followed it up with a bad review as well. I can't imagine Kim doing her washing either:giggle:

Sorry, I have to disagree; I have had other brands with negative results. But the ecoegg is brilliant and kind to my uber sensitive skin. I also find that, unlike the others, it does wash my clothes not just wet them.

do watch out, mine did not open as quicky as some peoples, it caught me out, one day the rubber kind of got softer then it opened, I thought mine was ok but it was a few months before it did open. I didnt know how bad the results were till it broke and I went back to washing pwder, then I realised how grey my towels and things were just slightly grubby and I was neever convinced it was getting rid of whiffs either.

i sympathise louise but i wouldn't risk wrecking my washer!

one thing i will say DON'T get is those sheet things - washing sheets in a tub like baby wipes. might as well have put baby wipes in the machine for all the good they did.

i sympathise louise but i wouldn't risk wrecking my washer!

one thing i will say DON'T get is those sheet things - washing sheets in a tub like baby wipes. might as well have put baby wipes in the machine for all the good they did.

I couldn't agree more. They didn't have any impact on stains and the so-called unscented ones I bought - and returned - left a nasty damp dog smell on everything. That's not what you want from your drawers now, is it?!?

I'm using my eco egg (previously used wash-balls) for about 80% of our washes. Since my son left for Uni and now washed (I hope) his own sports kit they work perfectly for the 3 remaining family members who tend to lead fairly sedantary lifestyles. I've had washballs leak their contents before so from the outset I've tied the egg inside one of those little string/mesh bags they supply for laundry tablets so I haven't had any spillages. I'll add a dash of laundry liquid or stain remover if something is v grubby but mostly our clothes don't get that dirty.

The detox tables that come with the eco egg are good for cleaning the machine periodically.

All in all the egg has been a good buy for us, and I bought it as a TSV and it had free postage as well...they should offer free p&p more often!

Jude xx

I couldn't agree more. They didn't have any impact on stains and the so-called unscented ones I bought - and returned - left a nasty damp dog smell on everything. That's not what you want from your drawers now, is it?!?

lol! mine were mant to be scented with something but only smelt vaguely chemically. i would have returned them but i'd had them quite a while before i opened them as i was using up what i had. big mistake.

I used mine mainly for coloureds that were not really dirty and delicates but as for socks, kecks, towles, tea towels, well I felt the egg wasnt cleaning these items enough, felt grubby. I guess horses for courses but Im back to the powder where I can sniff even socks and go mmmmmm clean! The egg didnt do that for me

I love the ecoegg (also previously used the wash-it balls) but am annoyed how the fall apart after a few washes. Even more annoyingly is that when I email the contact number re this it just bounces back to me with the phone number. I don't have time to ring them as work and not able to ring from work. I think if they put a contact email address then they should be prepared to answer emails. The ecoeggs wash well and my clothes smell OK (thank goodness not of the dreadful washing powder smell), towels are nice and fluffy and jeans not scrunchy, hard or difficult to iron. Must have saved a fortune.

I have to agree about the smell of soap powder, I'd rather my clothes have no smell.

If you can't get hold of a laundry tablet draw-string bag, a mesh bag for washing "smalls" will do, the washball or eco egg will still work to clean your washing but if it opens all the balls are contained.

Jude xx

When t comes to laundry I do not want "ecology" I want clean. I want chemicals. Lots of them. And optical brighteners...I love those. I'm not adverse to a drop of bleach when called for. And hot water. As hot as possible. Minimum 40, preferably 60..... sometimes 90. Lovely hot sudsy water going round and round with chemicals in. Then a nice big dose of softener, I never measure it. Glug glug it in..... More is better.

What I don't want is tepid water sloshing about with some stupid egg ball. That's NOT Brrrrrrrilliant!

Last edited:
I must admit if they did Eau De Persil I`d dab it behind my ears !
I like my clothes to smell of soap powder and fabric softener. My husband`s work clothes are covered in all kinds of gunge, sand, cement, glue, varnish etc etc and no eco eggy thingy would ever get them clean.

I would NOT purchase these again. I got one of the orignal yellow ones, and notice just like some of the others have said, that they do not wash properly. Clothes smell sort of unclean and the whites turn grey!... I also do not like how they are left in the machine even during the rinse cycle as surely it is still using the so-called cleaning pellets. My machine will not allow me to open prior to spinning. My egg is also distorted although 'touch wood' it hasn't opened, mind you, I don't really use it now unless it is to do towels with on a quick wash. Have gone back to washing power again as at least it smells clean.

When t comes to laundry I do not want "ecology" I want clean. I want chemicals. Lots of them. And optical brighteners...I love those. I'm not adverse to a drop of bleach when called for. And hot water. As hot as possible. Minimum 40, preferably 60..... sometimes 90. Lovely hot sudsy water going round and round with chemicals in. Then a nice big dose of softener, I never measure it. Glug glug it in..... More is better.

What I don't want is tepid water sloshing about with some stupid egg ball. That's NOT Brrrrrrrilliant!

Couldn't agree more. Lovely, soft, bright White towels are things of beauty and are just not achievable with the Eco stuff imo

yep

Has everyone forgotten that the most popular Yankee candle scent is CLEAN WASHING (I think they call it clean cotton).

YES, Clean Cotton - my absolute favourite!! (along with Baby Powder)... definately....

I might buy one of these eggs and give it a try. I suppose there's nothing to stop me putting half a scoop of washing powder in as well. If it doesn't work I'll send it back! I remember the "scrub balls" from a few years back. My mother had some. I don't know if they ever did more than make a clanking sound in the washing machine.

When mine broke open, I secured it together with a tie wrap. I also rang the company to complain. They sent me a replacement. It was exactly the same as the first.

Latest posts

Back