Elemis - 03/03/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don't understand why u have to pay to be beauty bible tester when all these large companies send freebies to celebrities who can clearly afford it yet they charge members of the public to test there products and give them feed back, if there product features in the beauty bible it will obviously boost there sales :S

I don't understand why u have to pay to be beauty bible tester when all these large companies send freebies to celebrities who can clearly afford it yet they charge members of the public to test there products and give them feed back, if there product features in the beauty bible it will obviously boost there sales :S

I must admit I thought that A & like you say £20 per person is insignificantly small compared to the undoubted increased sales as a result of people's input. They must have loads of people willing to do it, hence they can charge for the p&p. I personally wouldn't go for it as you just don't know what you could get asked to test & I'd hate a skin reaction if it went bandy! If I get an allergic reaction it can set my skin off for weeks & even months. :mysmilie_468:

I must admit I thought that A & like you say £20 per person is insignificantly small compared to the undoubted increased sales as a result of people's input. They must have loads of people willing to do it, hence they can charge for the p&p. I personally wouldn't go for it as you just don't know what you could get asked to test & I'd hate a skin reaction if it went bandy! If I get an allergic reaction it can set my skin off for weeks & even months. :mysmilie_468:

Mayb they should start charging the Qvc presenters aswell instead of giving them freebies, i bet u would get the presenters raving about every product from every brand then , they would be more selective like us lot have to be

I wonder if anyone has been picked to be one of Q's customer testing panel whose ever written a 1 star review? Or more are they more likley to be the people who love everything & pop 5 star reviews on their site b4 it's even arrived lol?

Hello Flamenco. I followed the link and applied to participate not hoping to ever get a reply since they have finished recruiting for March.
I received an email from them today, an invitation to participate in the trial, questionnaire and payment details.
I was just wondering whether you liked your goodies Flamenco? Thank you.

Hi Marina, I've not received them yet. I had an email about 10 days ago saying I should have mine within 3 weeks. I think there's about 1,500 testers and they try to individually match products to your skin type using the answers to the questionnaire you send to them originally.

Willet you know when they arrive!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Beauty Bible only publishes a few reviews which are the highest scoring products, so if a product doesn't score in the top few for its categpry it doesn't actually get any publicity. They do broadly match the products to your skin type so you wouldn't get items for oily skin if you had stated that your skin was dry. It's a good chance to try things you might not normally buy (I got a cream that cost well over £100). I suppose you could have a reaction to any product whether given to test or bought, but if you skin tends to react and you have a routine that works then why change it?

the weirdest thing about being a beauty bible tester is having to test a product on only one side of your face - so you have a good & fair comparison agains whatyou usually use. (in fact it's a habit I can't break now.... I bought the Perricone TSV - believeing the hype that it will work, but I'm only using it on one side of my face and in 30 days I'll deceide whether it's worth keeping or will be going back)

I've been testing for a few years for beauty bible and I've never found any of the anti-aging products to do anything other than moisturise.
My current load I'm testing is :-

Emma Hardie Rejuvenating Night Cream
Filorga Foam Cleanser
MeruMaya Intensely Youthful Eye Cream
L'Occitane Instant Hydration Mask
Elemis Pro Radiance Hand & Nail Cream
Una Brennan Neroli Firming Super Lift SPF15 Day Cream
Lavera Neutral Sun Milk SPF20 Medium
Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant
M&S Pure Ultra Soothing Lip Balm
NYX Fly with Me Mascara (Jet Black)

And they're all full sized products.
I'm happy to pay a bit towards the p&p & admin to get to try some products I'd never get round to trying under my own steam.

the weirdest thing about being a beauty bible tester is having to test a product on only one side of your face - so you have a good & fair comparison agains whatyou usually use. (in fact it's a habit I can't break now.... I bought the Perricone TSV - believeing the hype that it will work, but I'm only using it on one side of my face and in 30 days I'll deceide whether it's worth keeping or will be going back)

I've been testing for a few years for beauty bible and I've never found any of the anti-aging products to do anything other than moisturise.
My current load I'm testing is :-

Emma Hardie Rejuvenating Night Cream
Filorga Foam Cleanser
MeruMaya Intensely Youthful Eye Cream
L'Occitane Instant Hydration Mask
Elemis Pro Radiance Hand & Nail Cream
Una Brennan Neroli Firming Super Lift SPF15 Day Cream
Lavera Neutral Sun Milk SPF20 Medium
Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant
M&S Pure Ultra Soothing Lip Balm
NYX Fly with Me Mascara (Jet Black)

And they're all full sized products.
I'm happy to pay a bit towards the p&p & admin to get to try some products I'd never get round to trying under my own steam.

I don't think beauty bible testers are supposed to post details of what they are testing any more.

It's now in the T&Cs not to discuss the test on a public forum before the results (new book) are published.

Jude xx

i tested a dr haushka product really like it a brightening treatment hated doing the feedback very long winded it was to

Who ever thought it'd be a good idea for the questionnaires to be on a shreadsheet? I know they have to correlate the numeric scores but as there's only about a dozen testers in each group and 99% of the responses for each product are in words rather than numbers!

Jude xx

Surely if this was any kind of proper scientific trial (which of course it is not) they should be providing you with unlabelled and unbranded products in plain packaging with instructions how to use.

Who ever thought it'd be a good idea for the questionnaires to be on a shreadsheet? I know they have to correlate the numeric scores but as there's only about a dozen testers in each group and 99% of the responses for each product are in words rather than numbers!

Jude xx

To be honest if they only have a dozen testers for each product there really is little point in doing any kind of statistical analysis. But I know they do and make a song and dance about which are the supposedly best products from which ever comes out with the highest average! Nonsense...

Latest posts

Back