Elemis or Decleor Oils?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

speckledhen

Registered Shopper
I've got both of these now, and love the decleor oils, but have fancied a change and am trying the skin bliss capsules, just wondered for those of you that have tried both over a period of time:-

Which do you find give you the best results for your skin - elemis skin bliss capsules or decleor oils?

Have tried both but have moved on to Clarins Blue Orchid, and love that one for my dehydrated skin. Can only recommend that one

I don't use either but used to use decleor neroli and it was lovely and the bottle lasted ages. It strikes me from a purely value for money perspective that the bottle of decleor oil can last as long as you want, depending on how much you choose to use, whereas the measured dose of the bliss capsules strikes me as a bit of an expensive gimmick.

I think it depends on your skin and to some degree your attitude to putting oil on your skin. Elemis is lovey but it's just a wee drop of oil. Whereas with decleor or even clarins you can slosh on as much as you like.

I've tried Elemis and Decleor and Clarins come to that. As well as LE superskin. Oh and ESPA and Akin and lots of others. I love using oils on my skin at night.

I would probably go for Clarins or ESPA or LE but I'm still using up Elemis, Clarins and LE but that's because I like using enough of an oil at night not to need a night cream.

Not sure that was much help.

I think it depends on your skin and to some degree your attitude to putting oil on your skin. Elemis is lovey but it's just a wee drop of oil. Whereas with decleor or even clarins you can slosh on as much as you like.

I've tried Elemis and Decleor and Clarins come to that. As well as LE superskin. Oh and ESPA and Akin and lots of others. I love using oils on my skin at night.

I would probably go for Clarins or ESPA or LE but I'm still using up Elemis, Clarins and LE but that's because I like using enough of an oil at night not to need a night cream.

Not sure that was much help.

Its all definitely helpful, so thanks for that - I am a bit of a 'slosher' when it comes to face products, l love the smell of the elemis ones, but would prefer them to be bigger. Wildrose - I love the smell of clarins oils and may invest in a bottle of the blue orchid.

If you're going to give the Clarins a go I've been waiting for the Blue Orchid oil to come back into stock on their website, and emailed them and at the moment they're awaiting more of it in. I think that it's available on the Salonskincare website. Or maybe you might be lucky at your local Debenhams counter and they'll have it there. HTH

If it was just financial I would agree with the others and say you get more for your money with decleor

I always wanted to like decleor oils but they always made my skin feel really greasy even using only the tiniest amount
although I havent tried them since I got acne rosacea

I am currently on day 11 with my bliss capsules and my skin is loving it, the texture is so much improved
cant wait to see what its like by day 30 although I cant afford to use them all the time so am going to try
decleor next in the hope that it will give me similar results.

I used to use LE superskin concentrate and loved it before the acne rosacea

Good luck in your search to find the right product for your skin

Hey BB you aren't the first person who has sung Elemis' praises when they suffer with Rosacea, so if it suits you stick with it.

No idea if it is still sold but Clarins used to sell a tiny bottle of serum for sensitive skin which desensitized skin that is red raw. I remember it contained licorice extract and it was that that calmed the skin down. I bought 3 bottles of that ib a row, my skin settled down almost straight away.

I was sensitive to the LE superskin concentrate, Decleor neroli oil was nice though.

About 5 years ago I used a couple of bottles of rose night oil, part of a range that used to be sold by Space NK. It was pricey but totally gorgeous to use at night. I love the smell of roses. Also had something called "Rose Otto.... " something. Moroccan rose oil, again Space NK, did a facial oil and also a bath oil, both lovely. No idea if Space NK still do these brands as I have not shopped there for a few years now. But if they are still available I can reccommend them for being total bliss to use.

As you know, I am a huge fan of Emma Hardie and I occasionally use the moringa balm as a night oil. Given the ingredients I find it does the same job for me.

If you're going to give the Clarins a go I've been waiting for the Blue Orchid oil to come back into stock on their website, and emailed them and at the moment they're awaiting more of it in. I think that it's available on the Salonskincare website. Or maybe you might be lucky at your local Debenhams counter and they'll have it there. HTH

thanks for that, I did not realize they were out of stock and I am nearly out, so good warning to check when I am in town tomorrow lol

If you have sensitive skin you should research oils very carefully because some of these nice smelling oils can be very irritating. There was quite an informative thread on them in the Drop (Health & Beauty) a while ago.

Decleor Aromessence Neroli Ingredients:
Corylus Avellana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Juniperus Communis Fruit Oil, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Neroli Oil, Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Oil, Carum Petroselinum (Parsley) Oil

Aromessence Iris Ingredients:
Corylus Avellana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Helianthus, Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Rosa Moschata Seed Oil, Prunus Domestica Fruit Extract, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Root Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Oil, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Neroli Oil, Rose Flower Oil, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Leptospermum Scoparium Oil, Iris Florentina Root Extract, Jasminum Grandiflorum (Jasmine) Oil, Boswellia Carterii Oil, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Oil, Tocotrienols, Tocopherol

Likewise, Elemis Bliss capsules - if you have sensitive skin they might not suit
Pink Rose Capsules (30 capsules)
Moringa Oleifera (Moringa) Oil, Fragrance (Parfum Including A Blend Of Rose Absolute - Rosa Centifolia), Citronellol, Geraniol, Linalool, Citral, Dipentene (D-Limonene)

Green Lavender Capsules (30 capsules)
Moringa Oleifera (Moringa) Oil, Fragrance (Parfum Including A Blend Of Lavender Essential Oil - Lavandula Angustifolia), Linalool, Dipentene (D-Limonene), Geraniol, Citral

Nude Replenishing Night Oil contains black cumin & several fragrance chemicals that are known to cause irritation
Ingredients:
Vanilla Planifolia, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot Kernel Oil), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Rosa Centifolia (Rose Hip), Aleurites Moluccana (Kukui) Seed Oil, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Seed Oil, Gevuina Avellana Oil (Hazelnut Oil), Nigella Sativa (Black Cumin) Seed Oil, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Oil, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Tocopherol Acetate (Plant Sources), Geraniol (Essential Oil), Citronellol (Essential Oil), Coumarin (Essential Oil), Linalool (Essential Oil), Citral (Essential Oil), Eugenol (Essential Oil)

I love Elemis Bliss capsules they really agree with my skin, I have used Decelors oils in the past and they are lovely but, didn't get the wow that I get from elemis, love Decleors night balms though.

I have used both long ago. Best oil and not expensive to buy Argan Oil. Not the one with additives used as hair oil and called Moroccan but pure Argan Oil, which is so fine and can be used anywhere on the body and mixed with your face creams to give a boost. In fact it can make your face creams go further and you don't use as much. Sinks straight in no oily residue left on the skin. You can get a branded called Mir which is 30mls for £17.99 or hit ebay and get 100mls for around £12.99.

It is recommended for sensitive skin and I started using it because I read it was great for roseaca.

If you have nut allergies then be careful with all nut oils. Obviously.

Most of the expensive ones are simply Argan or moringa oils. Plus some essential oil. I get my oils from ennaissance.com where are big bottle is about £8

i have used both,and love both,but elemis wins.i have very sensitive psoriasis prone skin and when my face looks dull and grey a week of bliss capsules sorts it out.i don't use them all the while but like to buy in a couple of weeks worth from that well known auction site for emergencies.they are MUCH cheaper to buy from there.i have used akin too and that is good

Latest posts

Back