Elemis rip-off

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

fulhamphil

Registered Shopper
Watching the 1pm Elemis hour where they are still selling the Christmas kits at full price whilst other retailers have had them heavily discounted. What a con. And CH has the audacity to trot out the normal crap about 'QVC's buying power'. :down:

I know, the 'QVC's buying power' bit really gets on my wick, though some of the kits are good value of course, though I think that really only goes to prove how bl**dy overpriced the stuff is in the first place for individual items!

I'm done with Elemis anyway *waves hand dismissively* - got an M&S skincare kit (50ml day cream, 30ml serum, 15ml eyecream) in their sale for £17.50 & then went back & bought a second one when it was (slightly annoyingly! lol) reduced even further to only £12!!! Oh & a nice bath soak for only 3 quid! :mysmilie_59:
So knickers to QVC.......& Elemis.........& Keeley! :mysmilie_849:

QVC do this every year! Seriously Elemis and other brands kits are all on 30% plus off everywhere else that sells them. Yet QVC will hang on and sell them at full price right to the bitter end.

I agree that QVC sales have been shockingly bad this year, even the xmas decorations they had on only had a few pounds off in the sales . Regarding the elemis ex TSV that is still gd value for money if ur an elemis user and im pretty sure the other retailers dont have that kit or any kit with that much value in for any cheaper. Had QVc discounted the price im pretty sure there would be alot of customers very unhappy if they had bought b4 XMas

I know, the 'QVC's buying power' bit really gets on my wick, though some of the kits are good value of course, though I think that really only goes to prove how bl**dy overpriced the stuff is in the first place for individual items!
When I see the former TSV bing sold for less than the price of the PCMC on it's own that really convinces me that the individual items are overpriced. I wonder if QVC sell any individual pots of PCMC surely everyone just waits for the TSVs.

I've noticed Q are really bad for this. Other companies seem to have proper sales of their old stock while Q merrily go on to sell them for normal price or with pennies off. They must think we're all idiots.

When I see the former TSV bing sold for less than the price of the PCMC on it's own that really convinces me that the individual items are overpriced. I wonder if QVC sell any individual pots of PCMC surely everyone just waits for the TSVs.

I've bought a fair amount of Elemis in my time but can't ever recall buying an individual item, certainly not the PCMC, ridiculous price for what it actually is! I managed to get by perfectly well on the kits offered in TSVs, the odd OTO & useful paired up into smaller kit items etc. :nod:

Yes they did sell this size at £48 or £49 30mls the other year. I cannot believe anyone actually bought it though. Hit ebay and you can get them around £30 or lower.

I've bought a fair amount of Elemis in my time but can't ever recall buying an individual item, certainly not the PCMC, ridiculous price for what it actually is! I managed to get by perfectly well on the kits offered in TSVs, the odd OTO & useful paired up into smaller kit items etc. :nod:

I always wait for the tsvs, the only exception being a cleanser/toner set which was mistakenly priced on the web at £29 for 400ml bottles - bargain! In the Q's defence, however, other outlet's prices for Elemis are much higher and I do believe that the quantity they purchase dictates the price we are offered the items at and we do, consequently, benefit.

A lot of websites frequently do offers on Elemis with free p&p so much better value than QVC. I get an e-mail from Beauty Expert virtually every week giving me a 20% off code.

The only thing worth getting from QVC is the odd kit not available elsewhere, such as the recent tsv. I think their much hyped 'buying power' is by and large a load of cobblers.

I'm done with Elemis anyway *waves hand dismissively* - got an M&S skincare kit (50ml day cream, 30ml serum, 15ml eyecream) in their sale for £17.50 & then went back & bought a second one when it was (slightly annoyingly! lol) reduced even further to only £12!!! Oh & a nice bath soak for only 3 quid! :mysmilie_59:
So knickers to QVC.......& Elemis.........& Keeley! :mysmilie_849:

I must try this M&S stuff, sounds really good! & did you know that a £3.99 bottle of perfume from Lidl or Aldi, apologies I can't remember which, beat chanel in a 100 person poll for the most preferred scent? The high street seem to be fighting back & cutting thru all this speel about "high end" products!

......The only thing worth getting from QVC is the odd kit not available elsewhere, such as the recent tsv. I think their much hyped 'buying power' is by and large a load of cobblers.

Oh I'm sure it exists Phil, the 'cobblers' part comes into play whenever they start claiming they are passing their massive-discount-buying-savings onto us.....! LOL :wonder: :tongue:

I must try this M&S stuff, sounds really good! & did you know that a £3.99 bottle of perfume from Lidl or Aldi, apologies I can't remember which, beat chanel in a 100 person poll for the most preferred scent? The high street seem to be fighting back & cutting thru all this speel about "high end" products!

Only just got the M&S stuff so bit early to comment fully on it but smell, texture, non-stickiness etc. all looking promising, I really like it so far, very pleasant to use....& with the Leaping Bunny symbol of course, being M&S! :happy:

Re. Lidl/Aldi perfume, not tried it, I try & buy cruelty free stuff as far as possible which restricts perfume purchases somewhat I have to say - current perfumes are Thierry Mugler's Angel & Womanity & LE's no. 1, which covers the basics of scent ranges! (I don't go out much, so don't really need an entire fragrance wardrobe! lol)

Only just got the M&S stuff so bit early to comment fully on it but smell, texture, non-stickiness etc. all looking promising, I really like it so far, very pleasant to use....& with the Leaping Bunny symbol of course, being M&S! :happy:

Re. Lidl/Aldi perfume, not tried it, I try & buy cruelty free stuff as far as possible which restricts perfume purchases somewhat I have to say - current perfumes are Thierry Mugler's Angel & Womanity & LE's no. 1, which covers the basics of scent ranges! (I don't go out much, so don't really need an entire fragrance wardrobe! lol)

Cheers Kitten, l'd be very interested to see how you get on with M&S seeing as some other brands seem to have "sold out" re their animal cruelty beliefs that made them famous in the 1st place GRRRR! As we say on other threads, some of the anti testing on animals statements are to say the least vague now on products that we all used to trust.

The kit they were flogging for £195 with four easy pays was in the John Lewis clearance for £135.

The kit they were flogging for £195 with four easy pays was in the John Lewis clearance for £135.

Yes I saw that & once I've used my EU mountain of pro collagen from the TSV's I think I'm going to try M&S. I'm sick & tired of Q bigging themselves up when the internet high street retailers are truly whooping Q prices & their p&p into the kerb!

I really think people see the easy pay and are blinded by it. QVC thinking, yes its £40 cheaper elsewhere but our customers love the easy pay. Just ignore the other places selling it cheaper. The presenters then go totally manic telling us about the easy pay and the 30 day MBG.

I'm using a couple of things from M&S and I like both BUT the packaging design on both is a bit daft! The hot cloth cleanser pump is useless. But yesterday I realised that the dropper you use to dispense the facial oil doesn't reach the bottom of the bottle!! I know I can tip it out easy enough but come on M&S great products are being let down by silly errors.

BTW the facial oil if very light. It's fine for me to use in the mornings under makeup and actually it's great for that but it's not enough as a night time facial oil. It's doesn't have the thicker texture of Decleor, Clarins or Liz Earle. My skin is very dry at the minute though due to hitting 50 I think. I do like it but its not a replacement for Liz Earle/Clarins for me sadly ... sadly for my wallet too.

an obvious way round this is to do your homework first. just becaus qvc say its the bargain of the decade check it out first not rocket science. the last dyson tsv was available from a mail order catalogue for £10 more than qvc. it even had the accesory kit that qvc were saying was free. coupled with the fact you dont pay posatge,you get cashback and a year to pay it was a much better deal from a notoriously expensive catalogue

Latest posts

Back