Elemis TSV 24/7/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

How long does the big 200 l size balm last people? I got this years and I’m 2/3 down it already…. But I’ve seen someone say it would last a year..

Oh, Damn! I could have ignored this TSV but I love the Lime & Ginger for winter showers as I find it strangely warming yet very refreshing.

I'm annoyed because, unless someone can make my day and tell me differently, it's a Q exclusive. I hate having to buy from eBay.

I'll buy the spf version as I've been trying to get Mr AE to use face cream for years. He's forever moaning that his skin is dry and uncomfortable but always gave a big thumbs down to any cream I tried to give him. To be fair, I did try palming off some of my (n) creams but they were a no from him, too.

Until one day I gave him a little pot of Pro Collagen that he liked enough to use daily without my nagging.

I've been trying to get him to use spf but I can only use mineral types these days and he finds them too heavy. If I can get him to use the slightest bit of spf in any form it'll be a win for me and I might be able to get him onto a lighter spf later on.

Toddlers and men. Exhausting!

that sounds much more accurate to me as when i posted orignally they were still on the web at £11
Yes, the prices went up.
How long does the big 200 l size balm last people? I got this years and I’m 2/3 down it already…. But I’ve seen someone say it would last a year..
It depends on how much you use it and how much of the balm you take.:) I only use a balm in the evenings, as a cleanser - not as a mask. and if it is such an expensive one (for me), not every evening. I have a 200ml rose in use and sometime I only open the jar to smell the fragrance (but now my Augusta Luise is blooming and the scent is just wonderful.:) https://www.rosen-tantau.com/en/rose-augusta-luise/ ) because I like it that much.) I had 200 ml sizes before and used them daily: They lasted me about eight months at least, but used as a cleanser and nothing else, once a day.
I also want to clarify the six months period when the jar is opened: People say they cannot finish the balm in six months and throw the rest away because it is off. Really? Has it ever happened to you that a product goes off just because of the "best before" is reached? If so, then your products must be able to read and therefore be some kind of world wonder....If it looks o.k., smells o.k., consistency hasn't changed, you can continue using it!:)

Thank you for the heads up about the Rose Cleansing Balm, one of my favourites along with the Neroli. I agree about SPF in a moisturiser. It is completely pointless and gives people a false sense of security. You would need to slather it on every hour or so for it to be effective. Everyone should be using a separate SPF, I use the Ultrasun SPF50 fluid which I love but not the anti-pigmentation face one which is very greasy and makes my eyes stream.
Welcome to the rose club! I also have the neroli balm but still not tried it.

Concerning the SPF, I like the ones from La Roche Posay, Avène and Bioderma, but also the ones for sensitive / sun allergy prone skin from the private labels of my local drug stores.:) I used to use an SPF from South Korea, but sadly it is discontinued. By the way, the ones from Alpha-H are also good, just a little pricy when they are not part of a TSV.

Thanks for the reommendations, I recently tried Ultra Violette but I am still undecided about the texture.

Oh, Damn! I could have ignored this TSV but I love the Lime & Ginger for winter showers as I find it strangely warming yet very refreshing.

I'm annoyed because, unless someone can make my day and tell me differently, it's a Q exclusive. I hate having to buy from eBay.

I'll buy the spf version as I've been trying to get Mr AE to use face cream for years. He's forever moaning that his skin is dry and uncomfortable but always gave a big thumbs down to any cream I tried to give him. To be fair, I did try palming off some of my (n) creams but they were a no from him, too.

Until one day I gave him a little pot of Pro Collagen that he liked enough to use daily without my nagging.

I've been trying to get him to use spf but I can only use mineral types these days and he finds them too heavy. If I can get him to use the slightest bit of spf in any form it'll be a win for me and I might be able to get him onto a lighter spf later on.

I use The Body Shop Skin Defence Multi Protection Light Essence SPF 50 it applies well and doesn’t leave a residue I can apply my Bareminerals foundation over the top within a few minutes. They do it in a lotion and the light essence and have been on offer recently bogof.

Thank you for the heads up about the Rose Cleansing Balm, one of my favourites along with the Neroli. I agree about SPF in a moisturiser. It is completely pointless and gives people a false sense of security. You would need to slather it on every hour or so for it to be effective. Everyone should be using a separate SPF, I use the Ultrasun SPF50 fluid which I love but not the anti-pigmentation face one which is very greasy and makes my eyes stream.
I love the Ultrasun 50 fluid…

Yes, the prices went up.

It depends on how much you use it and how much of the balm you take.:) I only use a balm in the evenings, as a cleanser - not as a mask. and if it is such an expensive one (for me), not every evening. I have a 200ml rose in use and sometime I only open the jar to smell the fragrance (but now my Augusta Luise is blooming and the scent is just wonderful.:) https://www.rosen-tantau.com/en/rose-augusta-luise/ ) because I like it that much.) I had 200 ml sizes before and used them daily: They lasted me about eight months at least, but used as a cleanser and nothing else, once a day.
I also want to clarify the six months period when the jar is opened: People say they cannot finish the balm in six months and throw the rest away because it is off. Really? Has it ever happened to you that a product goes off just because of the "best before" is reached? If so, then your products must be able to read and therefore be some kind of world wonder....If it looks o.k., smells o.k., consistency hasn't changed, you can continue using it!:)
I use it once a day, to take off sunscreen and give my face a good clean. And it works really well for that. I have to say, I probably use a bit more than I should, but it’s nice to use on my neck and chest to get the cream off. So I started using it in April, so this is the 4th month…. I should have enough for august … maybe I will be a bit more restrained with how much I use, and it will take me into autumn 😂

The flawless face trio on the last page is a bargain. The active 35 face cream 100mls is lovely and there is 90ml of essence of torricelumn and eye cream. £29.99
Thanks Catzrcool I’ve picked up this EG flawless face trio after seeing your post - great value. The four flexi pays buffered the cost 😉

The 200ml Elemis Balms last's me 10/12 months. Used once a day. I only use a tiny blob on my first finger and that does a nice job for me. Its very rich and a little goes a long long way. Obviously that would depend on skin type and how porous or dry your skin is.

yep lime & ginger is a Q exclusive

The 200ml Elemis Balms last's me 10/12 months. Used once a day. I only use a tiny blob on my first finger and that does a nice job for me. Its very rich and a little goes a long long way. Obviously that would depend on skin type and how porous or dry your skin is.
I definitely need to use less….

Been using Elizabeth Grant on and off for a few years. I have liked every set I have had. Going to get a few sets from IW while they are half price. I will miss the prices if they totally move to Q.

I’ve had an email today to say my Elizabeth Grant order has left the warehouse and is on its way. I anticipate it arriving on/by Friday if the usual pattern is followed.

Had to come in from the garden this afternoon as my IPad had overheated 🥵 anyhow switched on Q and was delighted to see Nadine Baggott she is actually a beauty expert that is worth listening to.😊

I’ve had an email today to say my Elizabeth Grant order has left the warehouse and is on its way. I anticipate it arriving on/by Friday if the usual pattern is followed.
Mine has arrived. Always packed nicely in their own space in EG box. Never just thrown loosely in a box or jiffy bag. The glass jars look good as well. Very happy.

Mine’s just been delivered as well. It’s a heavy box, well packed, everything is brand new and the P&P was less than you pay for a piece of flimsy material from QVC. However, using the 10% code meant that the P&P was 99p.

There seems to be a few of the face balms coming up on QVC… are they very perfumed? I can see the big rose one, Neroli, and I think the naked one. I’ve also seen the water mint somewhere…. wish they all came in 20mls sizes, but I know a few have been discontinued so unlikely

Latest posts

Back