Emu tsv 22/09/2013

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm returning mine under DSR.

I know this had been discussed before, but do I need to contact QVC before retuning under DSR? And am I right in thinking I get my original postage refunded?

Edit to add - Hmm just thought, I've taken the tags and stickers off so wondering whether I can actually return under DSR?

Last edited:
Yes you need it either call them or email them to say that I am returning under DSR. I usually email them. To ensure you get the outward postage refunded. I write DSR in as large letters as possible on the returns slip. Sometimes I have to chase them for the postage.

I don't think you can return under DSR if you have worn them and taken off labels and tags - that is the 30 day money back.

you wont be able to send your item back under DSR if you have removed the tags etc...the "contract" states something along the lines of you must only took them out their packaging and only handled them to inspect the goods - everything else must be as it should be - something along those lines.However,I would still probably give it a go.
QVC will never give you back the P&P unless you phone them and chase it for them - I'm prepared to stick my neck out and say they wont go and find your pair of boots to check -as I've understood it,QVC scan all their parcels back and chuck them all in a holding area.Thats why those who ask for an exchange always get a refund - those who expect new sometimes get nasty returned - I dont believe its until much later in the process that the parcel is opened and pot luck whether its inspected or anyones read the return slip.

You wont also receive your returned postage back - you will receive what it cost QVC to post it to you - but not your postage back to them.I dont know if it were to be different if you argue with them.

I know the last pair of emu's I returned some years ago cost about £9 if not a tenner to send back as I had to insure them sufficiently to get there - I couldn't afford for them to be lost and it was also near Christmas time.

good luck

I arranged a courier pick up so it will be free. It must qualify by weight but I just asked for a courier pick up under the DSR and they said yes, within 3 to 5 working days. I did email previously to my phone call but not sure if they knew about it when I phoned. I have never returned an item under the DSR, but I do know that it is my job to chase them for P&P refund after they show on my account as returned, as with QVC, if you don't ask, you don't get.

Someone on the QVC FB page complained about the postage back for these cost her over £11! I then commented that someone from ST.com had arranged for QVC to pick hers up....and guess what the comment got deleted!!!

I do remember that QVC say that they pick up the Pilates Machine as it's included in service and it says on any invoice that if an item is over four kilos it can be collected by a courier. I know that the Pilates Machine is huge but it's anything over four kilos. Isn't it the same with hoovers and similar things?

Yep anything over that weight they should collect. I ring and ask for a collection for anything delivered by courier, assuming there must be a reason why they didn't send it out by Royal Mail. Acting a little dim sometimes works wonders too.

Mind you following the revelation that RM will only accept up to 4 nail polishes per parcel for delivery and may reject/destroy a package of 5 or more, then the Leighton/OPI/Nails Inc sets we decide to return should be collected by courier and cost nothing to the customer to return.

I once had a 3 large yankee autodelivery that I hated the smell of all of them.Delivered by courier...but QVC refused....absolutely refused to pick them up.I ended up keeping them and giving them as presents (sorry if you got one family peeps!!) and have never bought another yankee from QVC!

Latest posts

Back