Practical Ideas TSV 09/12/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

SFIXX Set of 2 USB Rechargeable Motion Sensor Lights
Item Number: 730553
QVC Price £35.00
Todays Special Value Price £24.96
P&P £3.95

Fill your spaces with bright light when you need it most with this set of strip lights from SFIXX. Boasting 120 lumens per strip with motion sensor and continuous lighting abilities, these practical lights make illuminating dark areas of your home that much easier. They have a magnetic back with optional adhesive pads, so can be stuck to most flat surfaces in your home, and with a wire-free design, once charged these strip lights can be placed anywhere you need for on-demand light that won't let you down.

Let there be light! - with each strip light containing 45 COB LEDs providing 120 lumens of light, these handy lights will illuminate any space they're placed in. There are three light modes to choose from - PIR Night Mode, which offers motion sensor, on and off settings when dark, PIR Day Mode which offers motion sensor lighting day or night, and Always On mode. Choose PIR Day Mode when you want the lights to automatically switch on when you come into close contact, such as inside a wardrobe, cupboard, or doorway. Switch them to Always On when you need constant power- such as for kitchen underlighting.

No wires, no problem - without any wires to worry about, there's no end to where you can install these slim and versatile lights! Simply remove the lights from their magnetic backing, charge them up with USB charging cable provided, pop them back on the magnetic backing, and let their 1100MAH battery provide from six to eight hours of continuous light with a two hour charge. Up high or in tight awkward spots, you can wave goodbye to unsightly wiring and hello to bright light wherever you need it.

Sleek and stylish - not only are these lights useful, but they look great too! Made of high-quality aluminium, they offer a sleek finish that easily blends in with your home decor. Plus, in a slim design, they can easily be hidden for extra lighting that keeps the source discreet - such as for underlighting in kitchens or on stairways.

Easy installation - these practical lights magnetise to the mounting brackets included for simple installation wherever you need them. The adhesive-backed mounting pads can then be stuck to any smooth flat surface in your home, or if sticking to a textured surface, such as brick, stone or fence panelling, simply place a screw through the pre-drilled mounting brackets and use the wall plugs included. Whether you secure them to the ceiling in a dark cupboard, an unlit doorway, a garage, or anywhere in-between, you're guaranteed a secure lighting solution.

• Aluminium
  • Six to eight hours of continuous light with a full charge
  • Charge time takes approximately 1 hour 51 minutes
  • On Auto, lights will switch on around 1440 times for 20-second intervals with a full charge
  • Battery: 1100MAH
  • Lights measure (h x w x d): 31.5cm x 4cm x 0.5cm (12.4" x 1.6" x 0.2")

Choose from:

• Black
  • Silver

What's in the box:

• 2 x Smart PIR induction lights
  • 1 x USB charging cable

All measurements are approximate

I got these, they have mixed reviews.

The demo-man said that if you kept moving, they would stay on continuously. WRONG - - they stay on for 20 seconds then go off for a fraction of a second before coming back on, which is very annoying.

They quote 6 to 8 hours between charges.. WRONG because reviews say less than half of that.

I am using them in my kitchen instead of the large old-fashioned strip-light.
One wasn't coming on very often as it was out of the way, but the other one came on a lot more, and after 1 day it needed recharging. But I'm sure it was on nowhere near 3 hours, and definitely not 1440 times.

On the plus side, they look attractive, are well made, and are very bright.

EDIT - - - they are supposed to have an ALWAYS ON mode, but I haven't found it yet, will have to re-read the instructions. Then I can test how long they last.

Last edited:
I got these, they have mixed reviews.

The demo-man said that if you kept moving, they would stay on continuously. WRONG - - they stay on for 20 seconds then go off for a fraction of a second before coming back on, which is very annoying.

They quote 6 to 8 hours between charges.. WRONG because reviews say less than half of that.

I am using them in my kitchen instead of the large old-fashioned strip-light.
One wasn't coming on very often as it was out of the way, but the other one came on a lot more, and after 1 day it needed recharging. But I'm sure it was on nowhere near 3 hours, and definitely not 1440 times.

On the plus side, they look attractive, are well made, and are very bright.

EDIT - - - they are supposed to have an ALWAYS ON mode, but I haven't found it yet, will have to re-read the instructions. Then I can test how long they last.
I am sending them back!

Tested them on continously, supposed to last 6 to 8 hours, dimmed after about an hour and soon became too dim to be aby use.

They take a lot longer to charge than described, and the magnets are not very strong, they could easily fall off.

MY REVIEW ON QVC (if it gets published)

When I opened them, I was impressed with their quality and appearance, and after charging they worked well in all modes

EXCEPT:

(1) Instead of lasting 6 to 8 hours they were too dim to be of any use after only about 1 hour.

(2) We were told they would stay on continuously if we moved around, but they switched off avery 20 seconds then caame back on after a fraction of a second, which was very annoying.

(3) They took far longer to charge than advertised.

(4) The magnets were not really strong enough to mount them securely.

So I am having to return them, which is a pity, as they would have been ideal if they matched the description we were told.

I am fed up of misleading info on QVC, just found another item - - -

In the video I watched, Lucy said Mr Flipo is a real person and had invented this gadget. Rubbish, they have been around for years, they are generic Chinese products, and I got one from Ebay last year.

Oh, I just remembered the spiel about the rich heritage of Bell and Howell,

In fact, they went bust and the name was bought up to stick on any old tat.

So they should not mention anything about their history unless they tell you that as well.

I have been disappointed by so many QVC items that don't live up to the hype, but I like the items they introduce me to. For example, they showed an induction hob mat the other day, which I didn't know existed. So I have ordered one from Ebay, with free postage. It was despatched the day I ordered it.

The things that I’ve ordered that are from Bell & Howell have lived up to my expectations thankfully, especially their security lights which were a TSV. They’re brilliant and even work on these dark nights.

The things that I’ve ordered that are from Bell & Howell have lived up to my expectations thankfully, especially their security lights which were a TSV. They’re brilliant and even work on these dark nights.
Yes, I am using 2 of those.

I noticed the rear ones come on and discovered 6 deer in my garden. They weren't deterred by them unfortunately.

Latest posts

Back