Practical Presents TSV 18/09/23

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Aha, I actually need one of these as we don't have a tumble drier and when we have guests they comment that they can't get towels dry (although we do have a washing line but it seems that is old hat/too much work to hang things out). I've seen them for around £75 so we'll see what QVC are offering. It would be handy in the winter as well for helping to dry things.

CC

Attachments

• Airer TSV 1.jpg
    Airer TSV 1.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 53
  • Airer TSV 2.png
    Airer TSV 2.png
    18.6 KB · Views: 50
Organised Options 3 Tier Heated Airer with 21m Drying Space & Cover
Item Number: 736320
QVC Price £160.00
Todays Special Value Price £99.00
P&P £5.95

Drying clothes indoors during the colder months can be a challenge, but not with this three-tier heated airer from Organised Options, featuring a full-sized cover to help contain the heat and speed up drying time! It's more economical to run than heating a whole room to dry your clothes, boasts 21m of drying space and conveniently folds down, so it's easy to store away after use. Revolutionise the way you do laundry and say goodbye to endless washing hanging around the house for days with this superb airer.
*A great saving: If you were to buy the 3 Tier Heated Airer with Cover from QVCUK.com after this offer ends, you’d pay £160 plus P&P. So, for our Today's Special Value price of just £99 plus P&P, you're saving £61.
Delivered directly from distributor - please allow 5 - 7 working days for delivery.
Saving the pennies - the airer costs under 10p an hour to run, helping you to save on your heating bills this winter! Simply plug in the heated airer, hang up your laundry and pop the cover over. It's a better and quicker drying option than placing wet items on radiators, which often wastes heat, plus it's also a gentler option for your clothes than tumble drying, helping you keep your garments looking their best.
Big load? No worries - there's no need to split your clothes into smaller washes if you're worried about drying space - this airer can handle it all! It holds up to 15kg of wet washing, offering 21m of drying space, so there's plenty of room to hang those large family wash loads. If you are only drying a few things, you can easily move it around your home to where you need it.
Keep it tidy - folding down to just 14cm deep, the airer is so easy to store away in a cupboard when you're not using it.
  • Made from silver-tone oxidised aluminium and ABS
  • Drying space: up to 21m
  • Heat-up time: 5 minutes
  • Temperature: 45C - 55C
  • Power: 300W
  • Measurements open: 147cm x 70cm x 73cm (57" x 27" x 28"); folded: 14.7cm x 73cm x 15.5cm (5.7" x 28" x 6.1")
  • Cable length: 1.8m (including plug)
  • Weight: 5kg

What's in the box?
  • Heated airer
  • Cover - which can also be used to store the airer in when folded away
  • Instruction manual
All measurements are approximate

Aha, I actually need one of these as we don't have a tumble drier and when we have guests they comment that they can't get towels dry (although we do have a washing line but it seems that is old hat/too much work to hang things out). I've seen them for around £75 so we'll see what QVC are offering. It would be handy in the winter as well for helping to dry things.

CC
I bought one from Aldi a while ago nowhere near that price. However, I have to say I was not impressed with it but maybe I expected too much.

A little house for your laundry! I just haven’t got the room in my place for a hulking, great thing like that. I Hate it when the drying season is over. I do have a washer dryer but I try not to use the dryer unless I really have to as it’s nowhere near as good as the freestanding one i had before our kitchen was refurbished, sadly I haven’t got the room for one now. I mainly use it to dry small stuff like underwear or small amounts of laundry I need drying quickly eg work uniform, the rest of it gets hung on my over bath airer and I will open the window and close the door. I hate having and seeing damp laundry hanging round all over the house and I don’t like hanging things on the radiators either- I do have a couple of those over radiator airers but again they’re only used occasionally- I dream of having a utility room!

A little house for your laundry! I just haven’t got the room in my place for a hulking, great thing like that. I Hate it when the drying season is over. I do have a washer dryer but I try not to use the dryer unless I really have to as it’s nowhere near as good as the freestanding one i had before our kitchen was refurbished, sadly I haven’t got the room for one now. I mainly use it to dry small stuff like underwear or small amounts of laundry I need drying quickly eg work uniform, the rest of it gets hung on my over bath airer and I will open the window and close the door. I hate having and seeing damp laundry hanging round all over the house and I don’t like hanging things on the radiators either- I do have a couple of those over radiator airers but again they’re only used occasionally- I dream of having a utility room!
Me too if only...

I see they’re selling it in the same hour as a dehumidifier…. So all that damp air from the washing needs a dehumidifier too ??!!
Not a cheap option

I was about to post the same thing. When they started talking about the dryer I thought to myself “I bet the humidifier will be on soon.” They also said it cost 9p an hour to run. I’d have thought that drying everything properly would take a lot longer than an hour although I don’t know much about them.

I know a lot of people use these air dryers but I personally wouldn’t.

For some reason today rain wasn't forecast in my area so I put in a cheeky load first thing this morning hoping to be able to hang it out - BIG FAIL. It's an absolute monsoon out there so the over bath airer is chocka and the undies are in the dryer.
I was about to post the same thing. When they started talking about the dryer I thought to myself “I bet the humidifier will be on soon.” They also said it cost 9p an hour to run. I’d have thought that drying everything properly would take a lot longer than an hour although I don’t know much about them.

I know a lot of people use these air dryers but I personally wouldn’t.
I agree and note how they always use "easy" pieces to demonstrate this sort of thing eg t-shirts, pillow cases, tea towels and socks when in reality we've got a bath sheet, a pair of jeans, sweatshirts and knitwear and there's no way they're gonna dry in an hour, or even two for that matter!
I mean I'm not slagging it off, I'm sure it's useful if you've got the room for it and a damned sight better than the ridiculous contraption I bought some years ago from one of the infomercial channels. It consisted of what I can only describe as a pop up laundry hamper, a metal frame work went inside where you'd hang the clothes and this plug in "hairdryer" fit into a hole in the side and blew the hot air around. Again they said it dried clothes in an hour and would eliminate the need for ironing.
My experience went like this - I opened the box and the removed the "tent" it was highly sprung and actually flipped me full on in the face OUCH!
I set up the struts and attached the dryer bit I hung some of my t- shirts on it, but OH's longer t-shirts/shirts touched the floor so the air wasn't gonna circulate around them! When fully loaded it seemed pretty unstable, the instructions warned about this and suggested that it should be propped up in a corner. I did this and I switched it on and went about the rest of my business, about half an hour later I heard a noise, so I went into the kitchen to investigate, yep it had fallen over, I switched it off and grabbed the frame work to rescue the clothes and it was red hot - OUCH!
I carefully reassembled everything and switched it back on, I checked on it again after another half hour or so all seemed ok but hang on a minute, can I smell burning?! Yes, I definitely could, it hadn't caught fire but given another few minutes I'm sure it was a possibility! So off it went, I gave it a while to cool down retrieved the laundry that was warm but pretty much as wet as they went in and creased to buggery! It was returned the same day for a refund and yes I had a fight trying to fold the tent down which flipped back but luckily I had the good sense to hold my face away from it! Utter disaster. When I saw the infomercial again I noticed that in small print it stated that some items can take up to 6 hours to dry! I'm sure they kept the fire brigade in business!!!

I bought a similar gadget, a DRY BUDDY from a charity shop for £1 in brand new condition, still boxed.

Like this, but different name - - -

View attachment 26537
Any good Stratto? Have you tried it out or is it still in the box? Thing is unless you've got a utility room, a large porch or conservatory, most people don't have the room and probably wouldn't want it plonked in the kitchen or the living room.

Latest posts

Back