Estee Lauder TSV 22/08/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Alison Keenan mentioned yesterday that Elizabeth Arden is also coming to QVC.
There used to be loads of this in our local discount store (now closed down)
It was always there piled high, seems like they would have had to give the stuff away to shift it. 🤭
Ye gods, QVC are really scrapping the barrel. EA is seen as an old lady brand has been for years. Always on discount as you said.

Dream Girl, most teenagers did. We have counters in Boots and House of Fraser and I will say Debenhams never ever seen anyone buying. Now in the discount chemists Flawless Finish I did see being bought.

Ye gods, QVC are really scrapping the barrel. EA is seen as an old lady brand has been for years. Always on discount as you said.
That's ok. I'm an old lady now 😂😂😂😥 saying that one of the perfumes I've worn on and off for years is Splendour. My youngest daughter confided in me that when she felt a bit down, she'd spray a bit on herself. Hence I can't ever not have a bottle of it on my dressing table.

Dream Girl, most teenagers did. We have counters in Boots and House of Fraser and I will say Debenhams never ever seen anyone buying. Now in the discount chemists Flawless Finish I did see being bought.
I don’t know how I managed nursing in my 18‘s - 30’s wearing a cream liquid foundation. Since used BM and Laura Geller B&B would love to try something new for when I eventually start to get out sometime.

That's ok. I'm an old lady now 😂😂😂😥 saying that one of the perfumes I've worn on and off for years is Splendour. My youngest daughter confided in me that when she felt a bit down, she'd spray a bit on herself. Hence I can't ever not have a bottle of it on my dressing table.
No. I meant a brand that was big back in the 60s and 70s that still has counters but never see anyone buying from them.

Guaranteed they will have the EA 8 hour cream as it’s meant to be a cult product, I’ve never tried it as it reminded me of Vaseline.
My mother got a sample of the EA 8 hour hand cream a few years ago and she passed it on to me for some reason. I did try it but the smell was absolutely rank. I've no idea if that was how it was supposed to smell or whether it had gone off but I've never been tempted to try anything from the range since.
I wouldn't now anyway as I don't think they're cruelty free, but even if they were, it would still be a no from me.

Yes, EA formulated it for her horse's hoofs. She was very big into horse breeding for the Kentucky races. Then it was supposed to be the greatest thing for your dry skin. Yes, it smells and seems the same as Vaseline.

Some years back I got a book out of the library called War Paint, it was the bio of Helena Rubinstein and Elizabeth Arden, both hated each other with a vengeance. One married a count the other went for a duke, one brought out a new product the other rushed to bring out a new product. EA Red Door salons were the answer to Helena Rubinstein salons in Australia. Then Max Factor came along and they both hated him the cheap nail polish man as they called him.

Guaranteed they will have the EA 8 hour cream as it’s meant to be a cult product, I’ve never tried it as it reminded me of Vaseline.
It smells horrible. Reminded me of wallpaper paste or something else to do with DIY. I got a tube about 20 years ago from a lady I knew at the gym who was selling discounted branded beauty products (mainly perfume). I actually thought they were knock-offs when I smelt the 8 Hour Cream but then realised it always smells like that. Its also denser and waxier than Vaseline so no idea how you’re supposed to use it. And it’s expensive (or was back then)!

Last edited:
Aldi do their own version of the EA 8 hour cream and I must admit its pretty good. It`s too greasy to use during the daytime but as a night time hand or foot cream it really does work. It doesn`t have a nasty smell either, in fact no smell at all and costs less than £4 plus has the leaping bunny.

My mother got a sample of the EA 8 hour hand cream a few years ago and she passed it on to me for some reason. I did try it but the smell was absolutely rank. I've no idea if that was how it was supposed to smell or whether it had gone off but I've never been tempted to try anything from the range since.
I wouldn't now anyway as I don't think they're cruelty free, but even if they were, it would still be a no from me.
I tried a bit of the 8 hour cream at the counter years ago, I was just curious as to why it was so iconic.
Well, I reeled from the smell of it 🤢
How anyone can put that on their skin is beyond me.
Let's all wait for the spiel when they tell us how wonderful it is.........and laugh.

Aldi do their own version of the EA 8 hour cream and I must admit its pretty good. It`s too greasy to use during the daytime but as a night time hand or foot cream it really does work. It doesn`t have a nasty smell either, in fact no smell at all and costs less than £4 plus has the leaping bunny.
What I don't like about Aldi is they do knock offs. If their products are as good as they say then why not spend money on designing their own line instead of ripping off other brands. Don't get me wrong, the fact they're producing products that people seem to like then good on them. Just don't copy other brands. I'm surprised they're still getting away with it.
I tried a bit of the 8 hour cream at the counter years ago, I was just curious as to why it was so iconic.
Well, I reeled from the smell of it 🤢
How anyone can put that on their skin is beyond me.
Let's all wait for the spiel when they tell us how wonderful it is.........and laugh.
I think they do an unscented version. Apparently, air hostesses swear by it to counteract the dryness on flights. I tried it years ago and did use it but wasn't overly fussed on the smell so never repurchased, although it lasted ages. . Saying that, I've had a big flare up of eczema and I'll try anything to sort my dry flaky hands so maybe worth a try now as it has vitamin e in it. Tried Egyptian magic which was far greasier so didn't like that.

Estee Lauder 4 Piece Collection TSV 22/08/21

50ml Advanced Night Repair Synchronised Multi-Recovery Complex RRP £82 + post
50ml Revitalizing Supreme Global Anti-Aging Cell Power Creme RRP £72 + post
15ml Advanced Night Repair Eye Supercharged Complex RRP £48 + post
Pure Colour Envy Colour Replenish Lip Balm RRP £26 + post

Total RRP £228 + post

Attachments

• Estee Lauder TSV 1.jpg
    Estee Lauder TSV 1.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 219
  • Estee Lauder TSV 2.jpg
    Estee Lauder TSV 2.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 209
  • Estee Lauder TSV 3.jpg
    Estee Lauder TSV 3.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 159
  • Estee Lauder TSV 4.jpg
    Estee Lauder TSV 4.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 163
  • Estee Lauder TSV 5.jpg
    Estee Lauder TSV 5.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 210
Estee Lauder 4 Piece Collection TSV 22/08/21

50ml Advanced Night Repair Synchronised Multi-Recovery Complex RRP £82 + post
50ml Revitalizing Supreme Global Anti-Aging Cell Power Creme RRP £72 + post
15ml Advanced Night Repair Eye Supercharged Complex RRP £48 + post
Pure Colour Envy Colour Replenish Lip Balm RRP £26 + post

Total RRP £228 + post
Decisions decisions, I was about to click the app to try JW, might hold off for this now ….

I don`t use Estee Lauder but noticed Boots have a special offer set which includes a 30ml Night Repair serum, a full size lip balm and a 40ml primer plus you get a free hand sanitiser. The set is £49 and you`ll get points plus free collection or delivery.
There is now 10% off for today only for a minimum spend of £50. The code is FLASH10.

I have just ordered this set but it now comes with a free sample of Lancôme Genifique 7ml.

Latest posts

Back