Finery London TSV 07/02/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I noticed Jackie Kabler wearing this the other day and I thought it made her look much bigger than she is. Turns out that it wasn’t a one off as everyone on the TSV launch also looks awful. It’s absolutely shapeless.

Finery Edith Printed Tiered Long Sleeve Midi Dress
Item Number: 192471
QVC Price £45.00
Todays Special Value Price £37.98
P&P £3.95

Meet Edith: she's comfortable, oh-so-chic and versatile. A transitional piece for your wardrobe boasting a vibrant print to see you through to spring, style this Finery long-sleeved midi dress for casual daytime elegance or that special occasion in your diary. However you wear her, youre sure to make a statement.

A staple in any wardrobe - team with white trainers and a denim jacket for an easy look that'll look fabulous on the school run or if you're nipping about running errands. For a quick change to suit your dinner plans, switch it up with a luxe leather jacket and heeled boots.

So flattering - the loose, gathered waist offers supreme comfort while the tiered gathered skirt of this midi dress lengthens and skims over your figure.

Choose your design - add bold colour to your wardrobe with five gorgeous prints to choose from - with two (Red Floral and Multi Floral) exclusive to QVC! Pink Spot and Navy Stars are a fabulous alternative to your classic LBD, while Red Floral, Multi Floral and Blue Leopard provide a striking pop of colour to your wardrobe.

• 100% viscose
  • Machine washable at 30C

Garment measurements:

• Chest: 8: 90.6cm (35.7"), 10: 95.6cm (37.6"), 12: 100.6cm (39.6"), 14: 105.6cm (41.6"), 16: 110.6cm (43.5"), 18: 116.6cm (45.9"), 20: 122.6cm (48.3")
  • Waist: 8: 87cm (34.3"), 10: 92cm (36.2"), 12: 97cm (38.2"), 14: 102cm (40.2"), 16: 107cm (42.1"), 18: 113cm (44.5"), 20: 119cm (46.9")
  • Length: 8: 118.5cm (46.7"), 10: 119cm (46.9"), 12: 119.5cm (47"), 14: 120cm (47.2"), 16: 120.5cm (47.4"), 18: 121cm (47.6"), 20: 121.5cm (47.8")
Colour options:

• Multi Floral (exclusive to QVC)
  • Red Floral (exclusive to QVC)
  • Navy Stars
  • Blue Leopard
  • Pink Spot

All measurements are approximate

The Finery brand is stocked by Mark & Spencer with free next day delivery to all stores including food halls, and free 30 day returns back to stores plus quick refunds.

I just looked at the show. What on earth has Alison Keenan got on her feet???? Just tell me one person who wears hiking boots with a dress? Or are they her husbands work boots? Why are all the models wearing trainers with this dress? Does no one wear shoes anymore?

Far too high a neckline for me and it would be past my ankles. So glad I spent the money on the plants. Er, oops, did I just say that :censored::censored:

CC

I just looked at the show. What on earth has Alison Keenan got on her feet???? Just tell me one person who wears hiking boots with a dress? Or are they her husbands work boots? Why are all the models wearing trainers with this dress? Does no one wear shoes anymore?

Far too high a neckline for me and it would be past my ankles. So glad I spent the money on the plants. Er, oops, did I just say that :censored::censored:

CC
Yep with you there. Money saved again. I think this will be slow to sell out. Only for the very tall and willowy I think. When even the gorgeous Deborah-Ann looks like she’s wearing a maternity dress it’s time for me to dip out.

I got the email about this and just clicked through.

My first thought was also “maternity”...

And the chest sizes Alison read out were all rounded up from website (so a size 10 was 38” chest - which also sounds big to me and 40” on 12 etc).

I agree with them that it’s “easy to wear” and I don’t mind a tiered dress, but don’t like the prints aand sure you could find this dress anywhere/most brands - for less?

Or you could do - unless it’s no longer in fashion!
And I think I’d be pushing it early 40’s...?

With they would tell you with fabric too whether it’s jersey or woven etc...

For example, 100% viscose woven has no give whatsoever but jersey v much does!

I went off to Marks and they’ve got sale on branded womens.
Filtered for dresses and there are *many* smock and similar dresses!

Sizes are a bit sparse in some but enjoyed looking.

Finery do some nice “tea dresses” which I’m a sucker for even though probably dreaming of 20 years ago!

Always lots of Nobody’s child in M&S sale - in part because sometime they come up tiny I think!

Also Marks own brand new in animal print, midi smock dress. Less bulky and tiered than TSV, available in 3 different lengths and has added elastane to the viscose.
£35

If only I wasn’t against animal print!

Well, anyone with a large bust just look at the models as they twirl. Its longer at the back and 'rides' up at the front. On me the tiers have to start at the hip or I look like a galleon in full sail with all the excess fabric. Also there are NO POCKETS !!! so its a no from me.

The larger sizes in this and some other brands always sell out first - so why the hell don't they order a better stock number ?????

I think Annaliese was wearing the floral one when she was doing the diy/garden show, where she managed to mention how these bendy cable tie things would be good to hang up handbags on! She made another irrelevant fashion comment during the show and probably more but I'd switched off by then.
This dress, especially the star and spotty one screams 1990's to me, sort of thing I used to wear with Doc Marten shoes/boots way back then. It looks like it would be a bugger to iron! The ones I had were made from cotton jersey. I've found in the past that viscose can crease very badly!
Not a bad price for a change though!

This style of dress seems to be everywhere and in awful drab colours. There also seems to be lots of frills and tiered skirts which all look ridiculous on my short stumpy shape. I’m already panicking about finding an outfit for my grandsons wedding in July.

I bought this last year before Christmas as we all went away and I needed something to wear. It comes up very big but its lovely on if your tall enough. I thought it was Finery but its not.Wore it with some tall leather chunky Ugg boots not the sheepskin ones but the new leather ones. clp22526657

Latest posts

Back