'For you'

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

scary

Registered Shopper
I'm new to this forum so if it's been discussed before, I apologise.
I know it's in the presenters 'must say' list, but does 'for you' get on anybody elses's nerves?
There are other stock phrases, like-well done if you got that.

my bugbear..one of many!

"your red, your green, your blue" (re clothing or bedding or whatever)

Mine?

MINE?

Not in a million years luv!

Jude xx

Hi Scary and welcome, yup I agree, I really hate it when they congratulate people for buying some nonsense that had just sold out, imagine if they took to doing this at the local supermarket "ooh well done to the shopper on till 3 who has just bought the last fresh chicken in store tonight!

Hello! Welcome along my lovely :nod:

'for you' is most bothersome. As is 'literally actually' too.

'Jump to those phones'

'You're gunna have to be quick'

'Well DONE if you managed to get that but it has now sold out' (aw thanks - but all I did was press the buttons on teh interwebz)

'Queues on the phones!' (it's like Lewis' Sale everyday on QVC!)

'This would make a great teacher's gift!' (because every teacher wants and needs a set of Grip To Me hangers for all their Kim n Co outfits)

'Buy one in every colour!' (You really do need trousers in bile yellow, snot green AND poo brown)

'Dressitupdressitdownwithapairofbirkisreallyontrendforgoingouttoplayin'

fin.

While I'm in full flow, I really loathe Glen Campbell. 'it really shows that colour coming through' UGH!

price point = QVC internal jargon
so-and-so is in the building
phenomenal value
cooking up a storm (in the kitchen)
It's flying out the door

From Montreal Canada

Hello Scary, hope you enjoy it here. :hi:

821 321 is your item number (oh no it is not mine it is THE item number)

If you're sat there at home thinking... (product doesn't apply if sat on the beach with laptop)

Ohhh, this is amaaaaaaazzzing!

We're approaching Limited Stock (panic!)

You are loving this which is why 50 zillion of you have jumped to the phones!

:cool:

Hi Scary, the presenters go into a loop of the usual phrases over and over and I watch with mute on most of the time unless an item comes on that might interest me, I can only tollerate limited exposure to their twaddle but the repetition of the following phrases actually, literally drives me nuts, for you....

Amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing....
Bran new...
Snap it up...
Add it to your collection...
This would be a great introduction /try me/ start of your collection...
And again...
That great old chestnut....JUMP TO THE PHONES.....grrrrrrr.

In actual fact
&
To my mind

Both those get right up my nose.

For me, the one phrase that gets on my nerves is "I'm in love with ....... (whatever item they're selling.)

You can love something like chocolate, the sun, roses, holidays etc. etc., but I thought that you 'fall in love' with a partner/husband/wife etc., not inanimate and often overpriced objects ....... but I may be wrong. :wink2:

i know I've gone off the point a bit with this, but since when have a pair of trousers become 'a trouser'?
The presenters all seem to say it. For instance 'this trouser would look particularly good with a boot'. Have we all become one legged all of a sudden?

For me, the one phrase that gets on my nerves is "I'm in love with ....... (whatever item they're selling.)

You can love something like chocolate, the sun, roses, holidays etc. etc., but I thought that you 'fall in love' with a partner/husband/wife etc., not inanimate and often overpriced objects ....... but I may be wrong. :wink2:

Just wondering what category reflections or the sound of your own voice falls into as some of them really do seem to be in love with them.

Falling in love with inanimate objects would for me be like the ad where women are talking to the air freshener, ie peculiar at the very least.

I'm new to this forum so if it's been discussed before, I apologise.
I know it's in the presenters 'must say' list, but does 'for you' get on anybody elses's nerves?
There are other stock phrases, like-well done if you got that.

:mysmilie_357::mysmilie_502:

i know I've gone off the point a bit with this, but since when have a pair of trousers become 'a trouser'?
The presenters all seem to say it. For instance 'this trouser would look particularly good with a boot'. Have we all become one legged all of a sudden?

Welcome along scary...yes indeed we do seem to have become a nation of Long John Silvers, maybe we shall evolve to have just one leg in the middle and the shape of "the trouser" will have to have subtle changes made...

(no offence at all intended to anyone who is minus a limb)

You can dress it up or dress it down gets on my ****** nerves and you even get idiots writing it in their website reviews. :rolleyes:

Welcome along Scary. Its lots of fun on here & some great laughs.

Back to your point.

Julian Ballantyne when a guest presenter is explaining sonething '' SURE ''. The way he says it just winds me up.I could through something at the TV:angry:

JF '' I'm just so in love with this.'' Sad silly woman:sad:

Latest posts

Back