For you

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

A new presenter inserting the buzzwords - for you - indiscriminately. Dark haired young woman. She must be following guidelines. Other presenters use this phrase because somehow it must encourage sales, but she is just periodically throwing out the words so much so that she sounds unhinged.
The worst ever is "we are giving you" when they're selling you products! Grrrrrrrrrr makes my blood BOIL

A new presenter inserting the buzzwords - for you - indiscriminately. Dark haired young woman. She must be following guidelines. Other presenters use this phrase because somehow it must encourage sales, but she is just periodically throwing out the words so much so that she sounds unhinged.
"For you" is definitely one of the buzzwords, Alison Young says it a lot and lately they've added the word new, so it's "new for you". The relatively new presenter Victoria says " I have to say" so many times during a presentation it's ridiculous. Sometime last week the BA for Elemis (not Keely) started every sentence with the word absolutely and half the time it didn't make sense!

Also "your" as in "this is your beige*", "your jacket", "your" everything - as if that will decide me to buy something. It's not my anything till I've spent my money on what I want, not on what's suggested I've already chosen.

*For beige read purple, yellow, black etc etc.

The worst ever is "we are giving you" when they're selling you products! Grrrrrrrrrr makes my blood BOIL
I dislike that phrase too. For example, 'Kim has given you a lovely stretchy waistband' or 'Marla has given you gorgeous wide leg trousers'. These designers have given us nothing. We are the ones who give them our money.

She reminds me of the annoying Brummie one , who (I presume) is on maternity leave.
Yes, Clothes, she sounds very similar to the woman who has had a baby recently. . It's an interesting accent and I believe it is closest in pronunciation to the original old English. If she would drop the continual 'for you' we might listen to her more.

It's taken them a while to latch-on to that one - it's been a heading on twitter profiles for quite some time and I'm sure I get it on YouTube too. It annoys me on those sites as they're assuming I want to read/see something based on an algorithm that their cookies suggest,

Your has been an irritant for years now, especially when AY is flogging a new beauty product (aka unnecessary add-on) - "you can fit this in with your Gatineau, your Liz Earle, your Elemis...it works with all products to give the same, amazing results!" 🙄

It's taken them a while to latch-on to that one - it's been a heading on twitter profiles for quite some time and I'm sure I get it on YouTube too. It annoys me on those sites as they're assuming I want to read/see something based on an algorithm that their cookies suggest,

Your has been an irritant for years now, especially when AY is flogging a new beauty product (aka unnecessary add-on) - "you can fit this in with your Gatineau, your Liz Earle, your Elemis...it works with all products to give the same, amazing results!" 🙄
Surely rather than saying these brands can fit in with your Elemis etc, Shouldnt it be these brands will work with the Elemis you may have

Latest posts

Back