Free P+P Today & £10 voucher

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That REALLY cheap looking cutlery set which usually goes for £1 is at £8.40 and flying out... I wouldn't pay £1 with FREE postage for it let alone £8.40 - but it does look like viewers don't mind paying more on the price over the postage.

Just saw the tail end of a sale of a hideous gold plated figaro chain, I didn't catch the start price, but tbh I would have thought it would have dropped below £15, I most certainly wouldn't have wanted to part with more than a tenner for it that's for sure. It hovered at £59 for a bit, and few people bought one before the big price plunge, only it was more of a "Bijou splash-ette" as it hit the rock bottom price of £39.99 and on went a clock, and it immediately began ticking...Unsurprisingly after that point nobody bought any more! Poor sods, oh well, at least it'll only cost them the amount of the postage to return it (which shouldn't be much!) and they'll get all their money back!

Just saw the tail end of a sale of a hideous gold plated figaro chain, I didn't catch the start price, but tbh I would have thought it would have dropped below £15, I most certainly wouldn't have wanted to part with more than a tenner for it that's for sure. It hovered at £59 for a bit, and few people bought one before the big price plunge, only it was more of a "Bijou splash-ette" as it hit the rock bottom price of £39.99 and on went a clock, and it immediately began ticking...Unsurprisingly after that point nobody bought any more! Poor sods, oh well, at least it'll only cost them the amount of the postage to return it (which shouldn't be much!) and they'll get all their money back!

It started at £59.99 with only 35 in the quantity

I would have thought with a lowish start price, the finish price would be £15 ish like you say

£39.99 and only 6 sold. Not the buy of the day for sure. But yeah, easy enough to return for a refund.

tapered off a bit tonight

but the stuff this morning was genuinely priced

was reflected in most things selling out within minutes which never happens on a sunday morning

I can see them doing away with the P&P after today and re-designing their price structure and marketing.

That REALLY cheap looking cutlery set which usually goes for £1 is at £8.40 and flying out... I wouldn't pay £1 with FREE postage for it let alone £8.40 - but it does look like viewers don't mind paying more on the price over the postage.

To be fair, it was 64 piece set (so 4 of the £1 16pc sets) - before that would have cost you around £40 to get 64 pcs, so £8.40 all in is a BIG saving on the usual price they do it.

I've seen a few of the products they usually do at a £1 (plus p&p) go for between £2.99-5.00. So i'd still say the prices have been generally cheaper today than usual.

This evening on Bid TV it was obviously the stuff for which there's an appreciable profit margin, namely AAAA Tanzanite (sold for £200+), solid 9ct gold curb chains and the like, plus the Stephen Gayford art evening where various prints sell for silly money just because they're in a gilt frame and signed by the legend himself. (And I don't mean Peter Simon, boom-tish.) Peter Simon was going into overdrive for the solid gold pieces, though even Pineapple Pete couldn't claim that it was the "purest of the golds" and you had to question the actual valuations they were using despite the high price of the metal at the moment. Naturally their African background music also received a solid workout throughout the proceedings though I was cooking in the kitchen for most of the time so wasn't paying full attention to what was happening at the time.

Plus that cutlery set looks equivalent to the Tesco Value set I once bought in an emergency...

It started at £59.99 with only 35 in the quantity

I would have thought with a lowish start price, the finish price would be £15 ish like you say

£39.99 and only 6 sold. Not the buy of the day for sure. But yeah, easy enough to return for a refund.

I wonder how many people do actually return them. It's uncommon for them to do this, the price would usually drop a lot lower and then eleven lower to draw in buyers. Maybe a little experiment to see how many return the item and purchase again and/or how many don't return the item and don't buy again and /or how many don't return and do buy again. Especially with the FREE P&P experiment in full swing I'd imagine they'll be doing a few weird sells today.

This evening on Bid TV it was obviously the stuff for which there's an appreciable profit margin, namely AAAA Tanzanite (sold for £200+), solid 9ct gold curb chains and the like, plus the Stephen Gayford art evening where various prints sell for silly money just because they're in a gilt frame and signed by the legend himself. (And I don't mean Peter Simon, boom-tish.) Peter Simon was going into overdrive for the solid gold pieces, though even Pineapple Pete couldn't claim that it was the "purest of the golds" and you had to question the actual valuations they were using despite the high price of the metal at the moment. Naturally their African background music also received a solid workout throughout the proceedings though I was cooking in the kitchen for most of the time so wasn't paying full attention to what was happening at the time.

Plus that cutlery set looks equivalent to the Tesco Value set I once bought in an emergency...

Did you see him flogging the Yonanas? I think he'd been crack pipe before that one..

I've had so much bother hassle with items I've bought from Bid that i would no longer buy anything else, not even free P & P tempts me!!

Latest posts

Back