FURIOUS! Coincidence? I think not.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think this reading out of names is dodgy for us as well. Anastasia from ........ (small village) "a very regular buyer" is likely to find herself burgled.

Argey xx

I'm going to contact the ASA. I've just remembered that my name was read out on air as one of the winners! Quite obviously I was one of the first 4 so should have been allocated the item.

I'll let you know how I get on. Cheers for your support guys.

You go for it Meeshoo. I don't buy from Rocks and Co (no satellite/cable etc) but from my interpretation of this thread it looks as if the presenter has dropped the price by more than 'the suits' wanted and the customer loses out. ASA and Trading standards (perhaps) should be interested. I know you'll keep us up to date. And good luck.

It happened to me just two or three weeks ago, but took ages for them to ring me with the QC excuse and did I still want the rest of the order? I'm sure it's nothing to do with your complaints Meesh, but rather with their incompetence.
I don't think the new systems could be in place yet. I also lost out on a rubellite bracelet in the sale the other night. I was so fed up I just let the other items in my basket go, I really can't be bothered with it anymore. I would really appreciate some feedback on all these problems. We seem to get great feedback on questions about gemstones, but there is always a resolute silence when it comes to any criticisms. Maybe some people have had a response through PMs, I certainly haven't and I'm not holding my breath.

I've occasionally had this issue, too, with items "failing their final inspection" - from a conversation I had with COO Andrew, this DOES often mean that they are, in fact, out of stock. It is pretty annoying that they don't just tell you the truth, but I reckon this is a case of c***-up rather than conspiracy - the call centre staff really don't seem to know what's going on!

I've just been talking to Andrew about one of my orders, and he mentioned that the new system is going in in the next couple of weeks, which should end the problem of the system accepting more orders than there are items. I do hope he's right!

I hope that is correct MissM, but i had a conversation with Andrew mid last year and heard systems would be in place early this year. A few weeks? I'm afraid i wont hold my breath waiting.

I've no experience of this channel but i'm amazed to hear that a company can promote an item to sell that hasn't already passed QC......where's the sense in that ???

I wonder if it goes a bit like this....buyers on the phone get first dibs and then by the time webbers have checked out as the game has ended- no stock is left. Bad policy imo but could explain things.

This is what I thought may have happened. Last year weren't web bidders often losing out to phone bidders
when stocks of an item were limited? Even after checking out the item it would 'disappear' from their order list!
And all to do with the way R&C's computer system handled web buying, apparently? :20:

Also like Tabs I thought new systems were to be put in place by January/ February. :33:
All very disappointing though for buyers who thought they had safely purchased a much wanted piece.

Hi Meeshoo and all

First I would like to apologise for the problem that has occurred.

I want to get this sorted and put it right. I have sent a PM to you.

With regards the new IT system its is still not in (in IT, there is always something that can cause a delay and unfortunately with custom building this can happen, and has with our system)

It should be up and running in the next 2 weeks, We are just running the final testing. I know its no excuse, but it should eliminate all of the issues that we and you currently face, although its only a small percentage, we do try to minimise as much as possible within the limitations of what we currently have.

As you might be aware, the new system is fully integrated (website and call centre) so where every you order as long as the item is in the shopping basket its saved for you and thus you won't have to check out straight away to confirm the purchase and secure the item (as on the current system). As long as you check that product out within 24 hours, then there will be absolutely no issue.

With regards the above I will let you all know when we go live with it.

Once again I apologise to all our customers that have had issues.

Rocks & Co. are deadly serious about giving the best possible customer service and we will always strive to solve problems to the meet the satisfaction of the customer involved.

If anybody has any serious issues now or in the future, please feel free to call and ask to speak to Pam Bruton (call centre manager) and she will do her best to resolve your problem. Also please feel free to PM me too and I will do my best to help you and resolve the problem, what ever it is.

Kind Regards,

Andrew
Rocks & Co. COO

This QC excuse seems to crop up so often. Perhaps they feel they left money on the table and will bring it back later for a few more pennies. Cheap, lame-ass excuses!

Blah, Blah, Blah!!!

Hi Mrs James,

As currently we are not within our own facility we have to send items up from London to Newcastle and unfortunately items can get damaged, even though we pack items carefully, the handling of these packages is out of our control.

We are in the process of changing things to reduce and eliminate this problem.

Also as the web system is separate to the phone order taking system, this can sometimes cause issues of allowing an extra order when it shouldn't, this will change when we roll out the new system as its an all in one solution due to the phone and web system being the same albeit a slightly different view for the call centre operatives to enter data.

Meeshoo - I have some good news, Please PM me back with your details and a time for me to call you and I will explain.

Kind Regards,
Andrew

With all due respect, Andrew, you need to change either your courier or your packaging system, because this QC problem that you elude to seems to happen an awful lot and must be costing your company an absolute fortune in lost sales and in unusable stock!

Andrew

I appreciate your reply but I will not be contacting you and I do not care whether you have good news for me or not. Quite frankly I've heard it all before. You committed to sourcing an item for me from Thailand in the past and .......... you didn't bother to follow it up. To add insult to injury the same ring came through on a promotional flyer today encouraging people to buy! How many more chances am I supposed to give Rocks when only 2 out of all my orders have gone through smoothly? At what point would you, as a customer, throw in the towel?

It shouldn't take a complaint on a public forum and a complaint lodged with the ASA for there to suddenly be "good news". World class CS, which Rocks is a million miles away from, would have had CS/you contacting Thailand before leaving an answerphone message to say I wouldn't be receiving the goods. They could have sourced extra goods (which presumably is what you have now done - too little too late) and then contacted me to say "sorry, we've oversold BUT we've ordered you an item and it will arrive on X". Just as an aside, since I was the second to purchase 1 of 4 items, it is inexcusable that I have not received the piece.

As an aside we all know that the "failed QC" issue is not true or plausable. You are over-selling and have admitted it to members of this forum, including me. It is wrong to blame couriers. Hardly any of us who receive jewellery on a regular basis, have goods damaged by couriers. Once in a blue moon this happens. Lying is worse than telling the truth and liars always get caught out.

I don't care whether the long awaited systems will end up in place or not as I will not be purchasing from Rocks now or in the future.

Last edited:
Hi Meeshoo,

I am sorry you feel that way and again I apologise.

If you have any questions or queries in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me or anyone else at Rocks & Co.

Kind Regards,
Andrew

Hi Meeshoo,

I am sorry you feel that way and again I apologise.

If you have any questions or queries in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me or anyone else at Rocks & Co.

Kind Regards,
Andrew

hmmm, that feels like a bit of a cop out to me. if you come on here in the 'open' apologising, promising this & that - then you can't just brush over the questions you now don't want to answer...

Thank you Andrew for coming on the Forum and posting about the problems. However, this still doesn't help your customers (it's happened to me twice in the last couple of weeks)who have lost out on many an item. It's obvious that Meesh is very angry and fed up and I'm sure there must be many other customers who feel the same.

What a dreadful situation, I recently had a QC issue, but not with Rocks & Co.

I won a last item piece at auction, yet when my order was delivered it wasn't in the parcel nor listed on the invoice, I checked my confimation email where it was definitely listed then contacted CS asking why I'd neither received the item or had any explanation as to why. I was told the piece had failed QC so they didn't sent it, but I should have received an email informing me - I received no such email. I was miffed as not only did I have to contact them to find out why I'd not received my item but also becuase I'd bought it as a birthday present & was now left with only 3 days to source another gift.

I think as stated in an earlier reply to this post, that QC should be checked first before items are put up for sale, when buying goods in store faulty items are either not displayed, or if they are, they are clearly marked as faulty & priced accordingly. I hate the bother of returning faulty items, even more so if there's no more stock meaning you can't re-order.

Whilst having a moan, something that makes me cringe is when I've seen a presenter cast a piece of jewelry aside after showing it on screen & you can hear the clatter on the table, IMO it devalues what they are trying to sell, I often wonder when I've seen this occur if someone's going to be getting a piece that's perhaps been damaged by such action, if I saw a store assistant treat jewelry that way then I'd leave empty handed, you'd think they were selling cheap tat that is unworthy of care & attention.

Latest posts

Back