G-tech - your opinions please

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Laura L'occitane Earle

Registered Shopper
I have just seen that the G-tech sweeper is todays TSV - having broken my gorgeous red swivel sweeper about a year ago, I am sorely tempted to get one. I went on the QVC website to check out the reviews for the other two sweepers they had (both rated about 3.5), but a message came up that the website was unable to access them at that time. Being a wee bit suspicious about all things QVC lately, I did a search on a Laura Geller spackle, and surprise! surprise! it opened straight up, reviews n' all.

So, are QVC deliberately trying to keep me from reading the reviews?

Being a bit more wary with my money, I am loath to order the thing, only to have to return it. But I don't want to miss out if it is really good.

Have any of you lovelt ST.com-ers had any experience of G-tech, or any views on how it compares to the swivel sweeper. All opinions welcome. :clapping:

Hi,

Get it !! I've had the older green model for about 5/6 yrs now and wouldn't be without it. It does a fab job of sweeping up and you really wouldn't believe how much dust etc it does pick up :blush:

Lightweight, quick and easy to use - my OH is impressed by it and he's used to heavy duty equipment, being a builder-type person. And I only need to get the Dyson out once a week.

Dare I say, we love our G-tech and it's a pleasure to use. Very tempted by today's offering as a back-up....

Perhaps I am truly bonkers (or just very sad!) to be excited by a sweeper but hey-ho !!!!

Oh and as a PS - was at my sister's the other week and used her manual Oreck sweeper and it wasn't a patch on my G-tech

Last edited:
Also have the previous, green version of this. use it everyday. As Lizgregs says. means only have to get "the big hoover" out once or twice a week.
Resisting temptation to upgrade as other one doing a (to use a AK phrase) cracking job.

Last edited:
:happy: Thanks for this thread, I was in two minds about buying one and need it mainly for dog hairs, I am really tempted now...
I love the expression the 'big hoover', it's a bit like Peter Kay's 'the big light'.

:happy: Thanks for this thread, I was in two minds about buying one and need it mainly for dog hairs, I am really tempted now...
I love the expression the 'big hoover', it's a bit like Peter Kay's 'the big light'.

Obviously if there were to be a spillage of liquid say -"rola cola" - then Gtech's no good - that's when the vax comes out.....having, of course first moved all the "emergency chairs" out of the way..........:tongue:

I bought the last TSV and returned it. I wanted it for upstairs so that I didn't have to carry the hoover up too often, have wooden floors and I have to say it was useless. Not sure if this is because I have wooden floors though and it may be ok on carpet but as i don't have any I could test it.

I love my Gtech and use it daily for picking up cat hairs from four cats..previous to getting it I'd use my Dyson daily but now I only have to use that once or twice a week. My Gtech is the 7.2 volt, 1.6kg SW02 model from Lakeland. It picks up much better on carpet than hard floors.

Now I am not sure. I want this is pick up dust, particles from laminated floors and kitchen floor.

I also had the swivel sweeper whose batteries are dead now!

Will have to watch the presentation and make up my mind.

I've got the two speed green one. It's OK on carpet but just seems to spit things out on hard floors. Mine is also becoming reluctant to charge, I've had it about 18 months.

I've got the 2 speed green one and it's great. With cream carpets it needs to be! I use it every day, because then I only have to hoover a couple of times a week. I've got stone tiles in the kitchen and it works well on those too. I was tempted to also go for the TSV but decided that between the green GTech, an Oreck and an Elitech cylinder hoover (for upstairs, the stairs and my vacuum bags) I think I'm sorted so I resisted this time.

I was tempted too by this today.

I have all wooden floors downstairs and all carpet upstairs(apart from bathrooms)

I wanted it because I could be sold by the fact it may make my life easier.

Then I reasoned with myself that I definitely hoover twice a week,without fail (more if I can)- and use my trusty old brush and then dustpan and brush the rest of the time - and theres nothing wrong with that system.

yes this meant to make my life easier - and replace my dusty brush and dusty pan - but actually,all those work and do I want to be £40 (roughly when you add in P&P) lighter for the privilege:sun:

So,I'm f.a.r.t.i.n.g :happy:

I was tempted too by this today.

I have all wooden floors downstairs and all carpet upstairs(apart from bathrooms)

I wanted it because I could be sold by the fact it may make my life easier.

Then I reasoned with myself that I definitely hoover twice a week,without fail (more if I can)- and use my trusty old brush and then dustpan and brush the rest of the time - and theres nothing wrong with that system.

yes this meant to make my life easier - and replace my dusty brush and dusty pan - but actually,all those work and do I want to be £40 (roughly when you add in P&P) lighter for the privilege:sun:

So,I'm f.a.r.t.i.n.g :happy:

Love your reasoning RD, but I think I am going to go and buy one just to replace my dusty pan and brush :giggle:

Thanks for all the lovely feedback! I have just ordered 2 purple ones, one for me and one for my sister.

But do you know the really weird, and slightly sinister thing? I just entered G-tech sweeper onto the QVC website, and only the TSV came up. This morning there were definitely two other sweepers there, even though I couldn't access details to read the reviews. Now QVC have completely taken the other two off the website, perhaps because they each had approximately a 3.5 rating.

But anyway, I live in hope that the G-tech winging it's way to me will be a good un, especially as it is the first thing to have tempted me since the Gossip watch.

I bought the green GTech several years ago, and haven't used it in ages as it won't charge. The sweeper looks good and appears to perform well, but I'd steer clear.

charging problems

I bought the green GTech several years ago, and haven't used it in ages as it won't charge. The sweeper looks good and appears to perform well, but I'd steer clear.

Hi,
I have the green Gtech and it is on its 2nd battery - I inadvertently overcharged the first one by not reading the instructions and now the 2nd battery isn't holding a charge for very long either and I have followed the instructions for charging to the letter.
I am not overly impressed and won't be buying another.
:sad:

I have the previous tsv and it is great on my kitchen floor. It even copes with cat litter and holds its charge amazingly. I love it..

Latest posts

Back