giant gerberas

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

eyepye

Registered Shopper
hi did any one else struggle with these?
i have fed them and looked after them
so far i have had one flower on four plants
one off them died
they are not even as big as normal gerberas
it would be nice to know that was it not just me
thanks eileen

SORRY EYEPYE.....however both me & SIL didnt have any luck with the strawberries they were selling...he left them with his very capable dad whilst they went away. he got pack & sent message straws in bottom of green bin RIP.....well couldnt really say much i we were struggling to keep the last one alive..alas no more......so 3 packs RIP.....

As a mad keen gardener for many years, with a big garden to keep stocked & maintained, I'm always appalled at the prices & quality of the plants QVC sell.
Mail order nurseries offer far better value on better quality plants.

As a mad keen gardener for many years, with a big garden to keep stocked & maintained, I'm always appalled at the prices & quality of the plants QVC sell.
Mail order nurseries offer far better value on better quality plants.

i agree qvc dont offer really good deals on plants or fertilisers i.e richard jacksons flower power. gerberas need lots of subshine or they wont flower and not too much watering let them dry out and feed once a week with tomato feed.

I have stopped buying plants from QVC. We have a very large garden, which was a building plot 23 years ago, so we have had a lot of experience growing plants, shrubs and trees. I would say that almost all the plants we have ever ordered from QVC have been a flop. Every bulb we have planted has remained dormant, and then rotted away. Perennials have flowered the first year, and then died.
What Breeze says is true; you can get better deals from mail order nurseries. Although, many of our local garden centres are now starting to get more unusual varieties of plants/shrubs/trees these days.

hi did any one else struggle with these?
i have fed them and looked after them
so far i have had one flower on four plants
one off them died
they are not even as big as normal gerberas
it would be nice to know that was it not just me
thanks eileen

Hi Eyepye....same here!!...they're all still alive (just) but NONE of them have flowered AT ALL...how disappointing...I was expecting big WOW flowers...just have a few leaves....so annoying :angry:

How about complaining, QVC should give you your money back. No need to dig them up and return them :smirk: and doesn't matter if it's past the 30 day MBG. If they're duff let them know.

I've been gardening for over 40 yrs and have had next to no luck with QVC plants. I now buy anything new from a lovely garden centre near me. I have just remembered, the Hosta slug resistant plants have been great but they were from Bowdens not T&M.

Latest posts

Back