Has the consistency for Cleanse & Polish changed?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

backstreetgirl

Registered Shopper
My last Cleanse & Polish I bought was in a set with a few other products from QVC. I don't always use it, preferring to go between different brands if I've got them. This morning I was using it and thought hmm, this is of thinner consistency than it used to be, I'm sure. It seems to sink into the skin too much and disappear before I've wiped it over my face properly, even though I'm using the same amount. It just doesn't feel as thick and therefore not as nice to use. Am I imagining it or has the formula changed at all over the past couple of years?

I got a free sample from Boots a wee while ago. Having tried C&P a few times since Liz Earle still owned the company, I found it to be so thick it dragged my skin and my skin felt sore afterwards. The recent sample was a a lot creamier and it was much easier to use and skin felt ok. However I’ll stick with Superdrug’s own brand as it’s so much cheaper.

It definitely changed originally when they substituted Almond Milk for Cocoa Butter but that was many years ago now but I did also notice another change a couple of years ago as well.
Although, saying that, I also think it can depend on which fragrance you’re using.
I find the original does drag these days but there was two I used last year (Bourbon Vanilla & Clove was one but I can’t for the life of me remember the other) that were really, really good. They just seemed so much smoother somehow and they had a really good slip to them.

I have thought for a long while that there has been a change - and not for the better either. I also notice that when they do the scented variety the consistency is thinner as well.

I used it for years from the very start when Liz used to wrap the products in tissue paper on her kitchen table and was in the pink container which did nothing for my street cred😂 Thought I would never change but when they changed from almond oil it really didn't suit my skin anymore, I really hate it when formulas change.

They definitely changed the formula years ago. It seemed pretty obvious to me as it had a different consistency and a different smell. I don't use it anymore, prefer a micellar oil cleanser or the Elemis wildflower oil.

CC

They removed the almond milk, which is an expensive ingredient, of course they said it was because of people having nut allergies. Cocoa butter is a very cheap ingredient which is known to clog your pores and can also cause allergies. I had to stop using C&P when they changed as I started getting a rosacea red rash.

Hmm interesting, thank you for your replies. I used to like the scented ones but found them thinner so stopped ordering them. But now I'm finding the original thinner too, it used to be thicker I'm sure of it and it must have happened after they removed the almond milk time-wise so what else have they changed or taken out. Very disappointing, I've been using it since Liz Earle first started on QVC but it looks like I'm going to give it up once I get to the end of this one. I'll change to Lacura or something similar - and much cheaper, as you say.

My daughter also used C & P from when Liz first began and used to love it. Then about a year ago she started getting spots which she'd never had before - she's 41 - she stopped using it to see if there wa a connection and lo and behold her spots cleared up! Believe it or not, the product that works for her skin, and mine when I use it, is Clean & Clear, which you'd imagine would be too strong but it's pretty good.

I bought the Lacura Hot Cloth Cleanser from Aldi - their dupe of the LE C&P. It’s a very close match and does a really great job. For £2.99 it’s a bargain especially so when you consider the 200ml of the LE one is around £25.00 plus and that’s on offer.

Providing I don’t get any issues I may stick with the Aldi one.

I tried to find the L’Occitane dupe in Aldi but have not located it yet!

I bought the Lacura Hot Cloth Cleanser from Aldi - their dupe of the LE C&P. It’s a very close match and does a really great job. For £2.99 it’s a bargain especially so when you consider the 200ml of the LE one is around £25.00 plus and that’s on offer.

Providing I don’t get any issues I may stick with the Aldi one.

I tried to find the L’Occitane dupe in Aldi but have not located it yet!
The hand cream? They tend to mixup their products do if you see any handcream have a root around that box!

The hand cream? They tend to mixup their products do if you see any handcream have a root around that box!
Hi Claire,
I was looking in the actual dedicated shelf section of the personal products. The only thing I could find was small tubes with a kind of ‘Neutrogena’ take on it. I could not see anything else.

I did see the pump hand cream in the No1 fragrance for the Lime and Mandarin, Jo Malone dupe, but that was hand and body cream. I am not sure on that one though they have reduced it down to £2.99!

Hi Claire,
I was looking in the actual dedicated shelf section of the personal products. The only thing I could find was small tubes with a kind of ‘Neutrogena’ take on it. I could not see anything else.

I did see the pump hand cream in the No1 fragrance for the Lime and Mandarin, Jo Malone dupe, but that was hand and body cream. I am not sure on that one though they have reduced it down to £2.99!
That sounds like them. You can search Aldi online…under groceries and then health and beauty. They are in page 7. But they don’t tend to have them seperately on the shelf, so you might need to rifle through the box to find the fragrance you want.

I must admit I don’t like the smell of the Jo Malone products, just the candles.

I must admit I don’t like the smell of the Jo Malone products, just the candles.

Yes I agree with you on that absolutely - the candles are fine as are the reed diffusers but i have never tried the wash/lotions.

I will have another ‘rootle’ around next time I am in there to see if I can find it.

Latest posts

Back