Help please with pillows

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

babytoes

Registered Shopper
Has anyone tried the NN Evenrest gusseted pillows item no. 831881.
I have memory foam at the moment but am not finding it too good for my neck, I have degeneration of the bone in my neck and it can be very painful. Any help would be wonderful.

I like the support my buckwheat pillows give me. Bought years ago on QVC and they do not sell them anymore, but you can get them on the internet if you do a google search. I think they are fab and my MIL swears by hears and she has a similar condition to you - if that helps. But I do think its a bit of personal preference as my kids hate the ones I bought them

Yep I bought some of those and personally I find them too firm and heavy, although OH loves his. One is not enough and two is too many for me. I bought some from M&S that I can squidge right down and now I can use two.

Have a look at Putnams.co.uk - Royal Extra(8cms longer so fits pillowcase better) - Visco-Memory pillow. The Extra wasn't available on the web site and I had to ring them. Designed to fit over the shoulders with recess for ear, very comfortable.

They come at a price unfortunately, but guaranteed for two years and IMO worth every penny for a good nights sleep

i have the NN ones with the capsule in the middle that has the feathers, and the down on the outside. theyre by far the most expensive pillows ive ever bought, and probably a couple of years old now. i'm about to check them out because theyve not aged well. and they make me hot. I'll replace with some from M&S with a synthetic filling. i already have two of these and theyre much better in my opinion. theyre at the higher end of the synthetic range but no where near the price of the NN. when they get old/manky i'll throw them and replace with fresh new ones.

i'm not sure that pillows are something to be "invested" in really.

I was thinking about asking for advice about pillows too babytoes. I don't have any very specific requirements but feel I've had it with feathers for the time being. I am forever buying mid-priced pillows but no matter what they end up lumpy. I've never bought bedding from qvc but if their pillows are really good I might give it a go. At the moment I have a firm dunlopillo as a base and a soft feather pillow on top. It an ok arrangement but feel I could do better.

I have degenerative wear on my neck vertebrae and have tried several types of pillows, including memory foam, which I've used and found OK for years until a friend recommended the Royal Visco Memory made by Putnams. I bought the extra length pillow so it's almost normal size with the cool max cover option and with the delivery charge was almost £70. Yes I know its an awful lot of money but having tried & rejected plenty of others that cost £25, £30 + each its been absolutely wonderful, well worth every penny I paid for it and just in case it's not suitable they do have a money back guarantee. :happy:

Sorry Frazzled we must have been posting at the same time what a coincidence both of us using the same pillow !

Last edited:
Babytoes; I have the kneeler chair from Putnams but for pillows I went for Tempur which are contoured to fit your neck. They do different sizes to accomodate different body shapes so you can find an exact match. Again, expensive - but seems to work for us! Good Luck.

I have had to try many different types of pillows in the hope of finding some relief from neck pain. The memory foam ones were a huge and expensive disappointment. The best so far has been the John Lewis Polish Duck Down Pillow, not cheap at £45 but certainly worth it.

I have had to try many different types of pillows in the hope of finding some relief from neck pain. The memory foam ones were a huge and expensive disappointment. The best so far has been the John Lewis Polish Duck Down Pillow, not cheap at £45 but certainly worth it.

I've accumulated a cupboard full of pillows over the years searching for some relief from neck pain and I couldn't do anything with the Tempur memory foam one even though it cost a fortune. I even tried a mulberry silk one on someone's recommendation which was another very expensive mistake. I'm with you on the down Mia, the one I've got is Siberian goose down and I've put it inside a merino wool cover which gives it a little more support and regulates temperature but means that I can still mold the pillow to the shape and position that gives the most comfort (added bonus is that the merino wool doesn't attract dust mites). I wouldn't want to be without it now.

I was thinking about asking for advice about pillows too babytoes. I don't have any very specific requirements but feel I've had it with feathers for the time being. I am forever buying mid-priced pillows but no matter what they end up lumpy. I've never bought bedding from qvc but if their pillows are really good I might give it a go. At the moment I have a firm dunlopillo as a base and a soft feather pillow on top. It an ok arrangement but feel I could do better.

It's so hard to find something that is just right without wasting loads of cash, which is why I'm looking on QVC.

Babytoes; I have the kneeler chair from Putnams but for pillows I went for Tempur which are contoured to fit your neck. They do different sizes to accomodate different body shapes so you can find an exact match. Again, expensive - but seems to work for us! Good Luck.

Thanks Rebus, The tempur pillow is the one I have now, maybe I'll just sleep sitting up.

Have a look at Putnams.co.uk - Royal Extra(8cms longer so fits pillowcase better) - Visco-Memory pillow. The Extra wasn't available on the web site and I had to ring them. Designed to fit over the shoulders with recess for ear, very comfortable.

They come at a price unfortunately, but guaranteed for two years and IMO worth every penny for a good nights sleep

I couldn't agree more, the Putnams pillow is the best pillow I've ever had. I have a neck injury and searched for years to find the perfect pillow. Until I found the Putnams Royal I used to have to sleep in a support collar to prevent pain during the day, but I honestly haven't had to use the collar once since I bought my first Putnams ten years ago. I bought one for my 85 year old mother last year because she has arthritis in her neck, and she loves it as much as I do. It gives perfect support by being shaped to fit around the neck and the shoulders, and is just SO comfortable.

Latest posts

Back