Hermes delivery rubbish or what?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have to agree with a lot of other responses; my courier lady is lovely. She delivers not only qvc, but catalogue stuff too. She always leaves items where I ask, AND there is never any bother about returning goods - she simply collects on a day we both agree.

She hugely deserves the chocolates I give her at Christmas.

Not sure who delivers my stuff. My neighbour is great and deliveries almost always go to her as I'm out at work. It struck me what a ridiculous name Hermes is, I'm thinking of Hermes posh scarves etc. I've a lot of sympathy for delivery men and women ax I've a relative who us a postman and he takesa lot of crap from bosses and customers alike. My delivery story us that I once found a next parcel in my recycling bin, the day before the binmenwere due!

My delivery story us that I once found a next parcel in my recycling bin, the day before the binmenwere due!

This happens all the time to me. We have to put our bins out on the pavement or they won't get emptied, so goodies are safe!

...I once found a next parcel in my recycling bin, the day before the binmenwere due!

Leave instructions on your order where you'd like your parcels safe-placed.
A courier is well-aware when bin day is and won't leave a parcel in the recycle bin on bin day. But...if no instructions are left by the customer, then couriers have to use their initiative if there isn't an obvious place parcels can be hidden. The recycle bin is the last resort and couriers aren't mind readers.

It struck me what a ridiculous name Hermes is, I'm thinking of Hermes posh scarves etc.
As Hermes was the messenger God, I can't see the connection between that and scarves to be honest!

My courier lady is lovely as well. Its Royal Mail that are my gripe.I have waited for stuff for over 2 weeks at times. Do QVC care??? Not a bit !!!:headbang:

another vote for hermes from me. my courier Paul seems to deliver almost everything i buy on line from a variety of companies. there's nowhere to leave a parcel at my apartment building so if im expecting something i text him to let him know when i'm going to be in. thats how i organise returns too, cuts out the middle man. in summer he wears shorts and always smells very nice. i have a mini crush on him :O)

Hermes was the messager of the Greek gods, Mercury to the Romans.

Hermes the French company started out as saddle makers, that is why the scarves have bridles and things on them. They do handbags now mainly the Kelly bag etc created for Grace Kelly. The scarves are for people who cannot afford the handbags. They also do fragrances as well.

Hermes was the messager of the Greek gods, ...

Hermes the French company started out as saddle makers, that is why the scarves have bridles and things on them. They do handbags now mainly the Kelly bag etc created for Grace Kelly. The scarves are for people who cannot afford the handbags. They also do fragrances as well.

Precisely....so again I ask where is the link between the Greek messenger God and bridles etc!! Far more of a link to a delivery company which is why I'm puzzled that Posy thinks it's an odd name for a delivery company :grin:

My Hermes courier is also very good and she trained me when I was a courier :wink:

I did a damned good job too, but it was often a thankless task. Hermes treat their couriers very badly and are extremely rude in the way they communicate with couriers. I know of several couriers who've recently given up due to the inflexible attitude of Hermes (and customers) over Christmas/New Year re the snow as they have finally had enough of the low pay and the insults. :wonder:

Our Hermes delivery is fab and soooooo funny too:

They always leave them, as stated, in the porch, ontop of the boxes is a card that states "left in porch"

REALLY!!!!!! Well, if we hadn't lifted the card we would have completely missed the massive boxes underneath that tiny card lol

They always leave the card stating this ontop of the boxes, it's hilarious really.

Precisely....so again I ask where is the link between the Greek messenger God and bridles etc!! Far more of a link to a delivery company which is why I'm puzzled that Posy thinks it's an odd name for a delivery company :grin:

My Hermes courier is also very good and she trained me when I was a courier :wink:

I did a damned good job too, but it was often a thankless task. Hermes treat their couriers very badly and are extremely rude in the way they communicate with couriers. I know of several couriers who've recently given up due to the inflexible attitude of Hermes (and customers) over Christmas/New Year re the snow as they have finally had enough of the low pay and the insults. :wonder:

The French design company is called Hermes because it was founded by Frenchman Thierry Hermes sometime in the 19th Century to make bridles as already said. So no link at all between that company and the Greek God

My ParcelNet delivery is fantastic! I dread when I see that something is going by Royal Mail as it takes nearly 2 weeks or thereabouts. By ParcelNet/Hermes I have it within 2 days of QVC dispatching it nearly guaranteed every time. They're great here :)

Our Hermes fella (a retired gent) is fab. Can't praise him enough. He leaves a card telling me which neighbour has my parcel, but mostly he calls in the evening when we get home from work.

I had to ring up QVC over a broken (large) Yankee Candle set, and they said they would arrange collection. He turned up the very same evening and took it away. QVC had it back in 2 days. He is just great.

Ours is young and a bit idle, he'll leave stuff on the step rather than in the specified safe place, drives a beat up Vauxhall and stinks of fags. I don't order much these days though, so don't see him too often.

Mine is rubbish. Throws everything into the porch. Miserable and occasionally downright rude. He's even broken a pot on one occasion. Never turns up to collect anything and this can then take up to 4 weeks before QVC will arrange a Parcelforce collection.

All of you people seem to live in the countryside / own houses with porches / know your courier !! I live in London and things are very different. I ordered from Amazon and they used Hermes as the carrier - they tried to deliver 2 times and then proposed to deliver for the third and final time on a Saturday which I could not stay in ALL day and night for. I arranged for it to be redelivered on a day I could be in and this was confirmed by both Amazon and Hermes. Guess what ... no show ! The problem is being unable to contact them or collect from a depo. A very flawed business and I will cancel all Amazon orders if I see they are delivering.

1. If the couriers get paid so little, why do QVC charge so much?

2. QVC used to sell a "Parcelsafe" which is a lockable box fixed to your wall to leave parcels in. Eventually, it went onto last clicks and I bought one at a low price, and it saves a lot of hassle. If a signature is required, the courier can write down its unique serial number instead of a signature.

h1_image.jpg

My Hermes man has just been - with a parcel for next door. My 3 litre bottles of ABC skinwash were dispatched on 14/8 and haven't arrived - declaration letter returned to QVC today so hopefully he will be here again next week with MY parcel!

All of you people seem to live in the countryside / own houses with porches / know your courier !! I live in London and things are very different. I ordered from Amazon and they used Hermes as the carrier - they tried to deliver 2 times and then proposed to deliver for the third and final time on a Saturday which I could not stay in ALL day and night for. I arranged for it to be redelivered on a day I could be in and this was confirmed by both Amazon and Hermes. Guess what ... no show ! The problem is being unable to contact them or collect from a depo. A very flawed business and I will cancel all Amazon orders if I see they are delivering.

Your courier ought to leave a calling card and you can use that number to rearrange a delivery. Any telephone communication you might have made with Amazon and/or Hermes won't reach the courier. The courier tried twice and you weren't in, some people really are hard to please!

As for Saturday deliveries, your courier was clearly going out of their way to deliver for you as Saturday deliveries usually mean extra pay (except in your case) and if they have already tried twice and you've not been in then already the courier is now out of pocket as they will only get paid the same fee if they have to try more than once. Couriers have lives and families too and for that reason I doubt your delivery would have been later than 1pm.

If you order things when you know there is a strong likelihood you are not going to be in it's YOUR responsibility to make life a little easier for the delivery people. Make sure there is a place where parcels can be left (e.g. stratobuddy's solution, shed, behind gate, recycle bin, hidden in garden etc etc etc.) and/or ask a neighbour and put your instructions on your order so that they come up on the courier's manifest.

Having once been a Hermes courier I bliddy sympathise with the couriers and what they are up against.
I have no sympathy for Hermes though, knowing what a bag of sh*te they are to their couriers and how utterly disorganised they are.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back