HILARIOUS blooper

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
I posted this recently but it was in an old thread that had run its course so I suspect many viewers will not read it. So I am reposting it here, I hope this is OK with admin. Although it is many years old, more recent forumites may not have seen it, and I highly recommend it for a good laugh,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UY7pWCQxTY

I am posting this HILARIOUS shambles for people who haven't seen it yet.

At the end, the very regular demonstrator was almost in tears, Charlie was in hysterics all the way through the 10 minutes, but trying to be helpful.

She said several times that she would never work with Charlie again. In fact, she never worked for QVC again!

I've watched it loads of times over the years, and every time I have tears of laughter rolling down my cheeks.

I must admit, I guffawed loudly when she accidentally emptied the dust chamber all over the floor and cleaner at about 6:45.

If it was always like that, I’d watch QVC every night.

I posted this recently but it was in an old thread that had run its course so I suspect many viewers will not read it. So I am reposting it here, I hope this is OK with admin. Although it is many years old, more recent forumites may not have seen it, and I highly recommend it for a good laugh,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UY7pWCQxTY

I am posting this HILARIOUS shambles for people who haven't seen it yet.

At the end, the very regular demonstrator was almost in tears, Charlie was in hysterics all the way through the 10 minutes, but trying to be helpful.

She said several times that she would never work with Charlie again. In fact, she never worked for QVC again!

I've watched it loads of times over the years, and every time I have tears of laughter rolling down my cheeks.

I knew which one it was as soon as you mentioned Charlie. I loved this, and to this day he manages to have a light-hearted an to his job. Love him for that, even if his s-l-o-w jewellery reveals and shameless food scoffing are annoying. He's practically a saint compared to most of his peers!

I knew which one it was as soon as you mentioned Charlie. I loved this, and to this day he manages to have a light-hearted an to his job. Love him for that, even if his s-l-o-w jewellery reveals and shameless food scoffing are annoying. He's practically a saint compared to most of his peers!

I had seen it before too, but not in its entirety. Charlie’s uncontrolled giggling in the background does make it all the funnier as he sits back and lets the disaster unfold. I like the way they all carry on and openly laugh. Well, in the end they do cut to s still when she’s trying to vacuum up and is dropping more dust and gravel, or whatever it is, than she’s picking up.

Despite his giggling, he does try to be helpful, but she won't have it, saying things like "Go away Charlie".

The only time he got his own back was right at the end, off camera, when he said "You've missed a bit".

There are so many highlights. I liked it when she gave him an attachment to hold, and he put it down behind him where he was sitting (which he was most of the way through, unusually)'

Later, in all innocence, he asked if it had an ??? attachment, to which she angrily replied "Of course it has Charlie, you're sitting on it".

Wasn't there a funny demo once with a lawnmower that chewed up all the lawn reaaallllly badly?? I think that was with Charlie as well. Maybe that's why they never do lawnmower demos now on real grass.

CC

Charlie has the best sense of humour of any of them. The fact he spent almost the entirety of the presentation crunched up on a set of stairs (presumably there to do demonstrations on if things had been going to plan) meant it was actually even funnier.

I quite admired that the guest, while getting annoyed with Charlie's "interventions" didn't get completely flustered, but carried on trying to do a professional job.

It is pure comedy gold, and I bet any comedy script writer who has come across this has admired the whole setup and execution. It wouldn't have been funny if they had been trying to be funny...at least not to the same extent.

What finished me off was the final demonstration where she ended up grooming the grit on the left-hand (to us) bit of carpet! Back in those days, Q practically tipped a sand pit onto each carpet/flooring sample, didn't they? They don't risk that nowadays.

When it did work as planned, clearly it was a very effective vacuum cleaner. But I'm sure the brand themselves were weeping at the disaster unfolding on the screen.

Latest posts

Back