How Deliveries Can Be Done

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ERICS MUM

Registered Shopper
QVC need to look at how other companies do it.

Yesterday I upgraded my mobile phone contract & phone on-line. Phone is being delivered today and they will text by 11am to give me the 1 hour delivery slot.

After ordering the phone I went onto Amazon to buy a wireless charger for said phone. It arrived at 6.21pm last night - 9 hours after ordering, on the same day. Minutes later they sent me a text to confirm delivery at 6.21pm. I didn’t have to sign for it, it was put through the letterbox. Returns are free and I know from experience that the refund is made as soon as the returns label is scanned at the post office. I have Amazon Prime £7 a month and it’s a bargain.

With QVC I see things most days that I would like but I rarely order because of the p&p costs.

My sister and I buy most of our shoes from Ambrose Wilson/JD Williams because we need E width fitting. A few months ago I signed up for their offer of £9.95 to cover one year’s postage regardless of how much we order. They have always offered free returns.

I don’t know how these companies factor their postage, delivery and returns expenses into their business models but perhaps QVC should find out.

I agree EM I shop with all the same places and get excellent service, QVC have stalwart now and are relying on the people who shopped from day one when tv shopping was a novelty, something different, the new breed of shoppers have grown up with good service so to them QVC is unacceptable, hence the one star rating on Truspilot, if they didn’t have QVCusa to constantly bail them out, they’d have gone under ten years ago, it’s just a matter of time now.

its all money making with QVC though. they charge the most money for postage but you get the worse service possible. and the fact that QVC are selling higher end items but charging upwards of £10 per item. these type of shoppers are used to high end service for free

I had an order delivered from Holland the day after ordering by DPD. The delivery driver said round Christmas time deliveries from the USA took 2 days from ordering to delivery. If QVC had a yearly customer report from customers it would say "could do better".

How many items now are offered on Easy Pay?Many people will go for this but although they insist this is interest free the P&P costs will more than make up for this.

DELIVERY UPDATE !

At 09.41 I had the text advising the phone would be delivered by “Dan” between 13.43h and 14.43h. He arrived at 14.00h precisely. Very nice polite young man, DPD delivery company.

I had an email this morning with a survey about QVC attached. One of the questions was about rating QVCs delivery service compared to other companies. Needless to say, I chose the "worse than other companies" option. It's a shame that I wasn't given the chance to comment on the amount of time it takes to get a refund from them. (I'm currently waiting for one for the diabolical and totally useless LAB microderm pro gadget that I returned.)

Even IW refund within a couple of days. With QVC it's about ten days ..... if you're lucky.

I agree EM I shop with all the same places and get excellent service, QVC have stalwart now and are relying on the people who shopped from day one when tv shopping was a novelty, something different, the new breed of shoppers have grown up with good service so to them QVC is unacceptable, hence the one star rating on Truspilot, if they didn’t have QVCusa to constantly bail them out, they’d have gone under ten years ago, it’s just a matter of time now.

Much as we moan, I'd miss them if they left, or used robots or something. No fun! What would we all talk about here?
I'm probably a saddo & need to get out more, but I see some on here as friend types!(Omg said it now!!!!) We need a new word for that as I dislike the word 'aquantaince', & 'forum buddy' just isn't me. I try to see the good in most people, which is probably the reason for my gooffiness.

Last edited:
I had an email this morning with a survey about QVC attached. One of the questions was about rating QVCs delivery service compared to other companies. Needless to say, I chose the "worse than other companies" option. It's a shame that I wasn't given the chance to comment on the amount of time it takes to get a refund from them. (I'm currently waiting for one for the diabolical and totally useless LAB microderm pro gadget that I returned.)

Even IW refund within a couple of days. With QVC it's about ten days ..... if you're lucky.

Microderm pro.........You didn't! :mysmilie_15: Don't tell me.....it didn't work. Oops!

The issue with customer surveys is the people who answer them expect to see changes made. I doubt very much this is any more than a PR exercise, a tick in the box for head office.

Latest posts

Back