how long should an item take to arrive

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have heard presenters say, time and time again, that "it will be with you in 3 to 5 working days", not 3 to 5 days after someone in the warehouse gets around to putting it into the post.

If you don't get it after 5 working days then you could ask for your PP back, I would.

When are they supposed to be reintroducing the "pay more for next day delivery" option that they piloted before Christmas? I think they should fix what is patently wrong with their current postage system first!!!

Unacceptable delivery prices
Unacceptable delivery times
Lack of capped postage
Unreliable deliveries

It's not rocket science. All they need is the will to change and the humility to accept they aren't always doing things in the best way... but this is QVC, who in their own minds are the best, and are never wrong... 32,000 new customers joined since start of January according to Micéal this morning!

It's not rocket science. All they need is the will to change and the humility to accept they aren't always doing things in the best way... but this is QVC, who in their own minds are the best, and are never wrong... 32,000 new customers joined since start of January according to Micéal this morning!

Sounds good but I wonder if they'd ever tell us how many of those 32,000 never came back again?

Not specifically aimed at this topic, however, it never ceases to amaze me with QVC who are supposed to be the best thing to hit the UK since the wheel was invented, that their delivery takes way too long. I shop only online with many different companies, some give free delivery regardless of what you spend, some give free delivery over a certain spend, but, and here's the punchline, most delivery very quickly often within 3 days. Only very rarely have I seen 'ships in 7 - 10 working days' on normal items, furniture etc, I might be seeing that, and frankly it wouldn't bother me.

We are constantly reminded of that huge QVC Warehouse, something akin to the Amazon ones, wow do Q need a lesson or four.

still not here. qvc cs attitude is poor. take your money and make you wait and wait and wait :mysmilie_10:

just spoke to c/s and they are saying that even though i have sent an e mail (which still has not been acknowledged) they can only action my refund when i have jumped through a few more hoops. the e mail can take days to find as qvc get a lot. so i must not rely on that. i must wait for the form. find my own envelope, pay for a stamp and queue for proof of postage. all which takes up my time.

just spoke to c/s and they are saying that even though i have sent an e mail (which still has not been acknowledged) they can only action my refund when i have jumped through a few more hoops. the e mail can take days to find as qvc get a lot. so i must not rely on that. i must wait for the form. find my own envelope, pay for a stamp and queue for proof of postage. all which takes up my time.

yes, probably deliberately to stop you sending stuff back as too much of a bliddy pain in the proverbial
plus hanging on to your money longer
all profit to Q
never mind that they treat you, as a customer, with little or no respect
that is the attitude i keep getting left with via many different incidents over the years
and esp from the middle managers
the CS reps just have to do as they are being told
if you are interested in the inside track
it can also be interesting to read some of the job vacancy sites
which give anonymous feed back on employers like QVC
by current or previous employees

it was sent to hermes on the 26th and still awaiting a courier to pick it up and deliver to me. also i cant phone and ask hermes to give me my goods i have paid for as it says online i can only speak to qvc about the lost item NOT hermes...bah!

Aah then it's definitely lost .I had a scarf which was waiting collection and till date never turned up .It must have been sold out and the warehouse messed it up .Its just not possible for Hermes to collect for this long .

Why ! Are you on a remote island that a specific Hermes has to collect ? QVC and their ridiculous explanations .

Aah then it's definitely lost .I had a scarf which was waiting collection and till date never turned up .It must have been sold out and the warehouse messed it up .Its just not possible for Hermes to collect for this long .

Why ! Are you on a remote island that a specific Hermes has to collect ? QVC and their ridiculous explanations .

i agree its sold out and qvc are not admitting it. why would hermes just leave it there they wont get paid until its delivered. rubbish company!

i agree its sold out and qvc are not admitting it. why would hermes just leave it there they wont get paid until its delivered. rubbish company!

they are waiting for a used return (with or without tea bag in it)
stringing you along a bit longer
so they can send it to you and charge for it as 'new'
but of course they would never do any such a thing
as they keep 'reassuring' us
*sarcasm alert *

I've gone right off Hermes. Don't trust them at all any more. The number of trusted delivery companies is, for me, dwindling rapidly.

its a dress thats sold out now in the colour i wanted. it was in stock for a while after i ordered it so i thought i would be available

If it's available ask them to replace it asap as you need it in a hurry .tell them you will send the signed form when you receive .I have done so when I needed something and it's gone missing .I sign and send the letter later .They don't charge again if you want replacement .

Two weeks now, still no product, still no declaration letter and to add insult to injury, a second order now appears to have gone missing, so I'm going to have to go through all this again. I think closing my account would be less stressful.

how long should an item take to arrive

I ordered an item Saturday morning and Hermes delivered it this afternoon. I have been very lucky with the Hermes drivers. I have never really had any trouble with the QVC service, just one run in with a customers service jobs worth. (a lovely woman) lol

If I receive anything in under 10 days I look to see if there are 2 moons in the sky.

I think it has happened twice in all the time I've been with them.

Having problems with Hermes - won't leave parcels, won't let me collect, if I'm not in which is 99.999% of the time they send it back. Had to take annual leave to wait in for one which I didn't want to go back. Annoying because the courier lives with half a mile of my home. Mind you one of them used to throw it over the fence, no note left, and it lay in the rain for days.

Have complained to Q and asked how I can ascertain how it is coming before I complete the order but I might as well have ****ed in the wind for all the good it did.

If I receive anything in under 10 days I look to see if there are 2 moons in the sky.

I think it has happened twice in all the time I've been with them.

Having problems with Hermes - won't leave parcels, won't let me collect, if I'm not in which is 99.999% of the time they send it back. Had to take annual leave to wait in for one which I didn't want to go back. Annoying because the courier lives with half a mile of my home. Mind you one of them used to throw it over the fence, no note left, and it lay in the rain for days.

Have complained to Q and asked how I can ascertain how it is coming before I complete the order but I might as well have ****ed in the wind for all the good it did.

I've repeated rung and complained about Hermes doing exactly that. I've told them to put a note "no Hermes" on my account. The other alternative would be to get items sent to your place of work.

Latest posts

Back