how long should an item take to arrive

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

When the Hermes man that was my courier for a couple of years left, I didn't realise just how good he was till another man replaced him. No matter how small the object, IW only use Hermes they don't use Royal Mail, when the replacement Hermes man took over, I didn't think I'd here myself wishing for Royal Mail. This fella threw my multi cooker over the back fence (yes, an electrical item) would've been bad normally, but leaving an electrical item out in the rain is never good. Luckily a lovely woman has delivered my last couple of parcels so I'm keeping my fingers crossed she's staying.

I think my Hermes courier has changed and the current person isn't as good. I have been in all morning and actually heard something being put through the letterbox. When I went to check, it was a Hermes "missed you" card. Nothing on it, just WEDS written along the bottom. I can't believe it was less effort to do that than to push the perfectly adequate doorbell nearby!

I breathe a sigh of relief if I know Hermes are delivering anything. My regular driver always leaves my things in the allocated safe place, if I'm not in, and puts a note through the door. As the days when she works have changed, she asked if it was alright because she's told all the other drivers, who also deliver in my area, to leave the parcels in my safe place if I'm out. Is it alright? Absolutely!!!

The Post Office have now got the message too and in a year I've only had to go to the depot once to collect a parcel.

Also in the 12 years that I've shopped with QVC, only one thing hasn't arrived (over 10 years ago) and the replacement was delivered before I'd received the 'undelivered' paperwork. Those were the 'good old days' I suppose, before things started to go awry. :thinking:

I ordered pick of the day from IW - Williams waterless car wash - as I now live in a flat and it was delivered by Hermes 3 days later! Not the first time I have had a speedy delivery from Ideal World
As the PayPal connection went slow whilst ordering, I ended up with 2 orders. Good thing I realised the next day and managed to cancel one lot.

I ordered pick of the day from IW - Williams waterless car wash - as I now live in a flat and it was delivered by Hermes 3 days later! Not the first time I have had a speedy delivery from Ideal World
As the PayPal connection went slow whilst ordering, I ended up with 2 orders. Good thing I realised the next day and managed to cancel one lot.

if that was qvc you would have had to take delivery of the kit. then wait for a returns lable or worse pay for the return. and wait an age to get your money back

I still have not received the goods, the declaration letter or a refund and now I'm beginning to get seriously peeved. QVC couldn't give a **** about it so does anyone have suggestions as to what to do next?

I still have not received the goods, the declaration letter or a refund and now I'm beginning to get seriously peeved. QVC couldn't give a **** about it so does anyone have suggestions as to what to do next?

Maybe an email to the CEO? I know when I contacted him I got a phone call within a few hours. He's probably unaware of the fiasco caused by the inadequacy of those whom you have already contacted.

I eventually received, signed and returned their declaration letter but how long, on average, does it take for something to happen after that? I know they've received it because I sent it Signed For. I presume they don't actually bother to do anything until they receive the declaration, even though they could use the week they take to send it to check with the carrier in advance. If they're able to check, why can't they do that right away? They usually just say it's out of their hands once they pass it on to Royal Mail. Well, if that's the case, what are they going to do now that they couldn't do then to just give me my refund? I'm disgusted that it's now almost a month from placing the initial order and I have no goods and no refund. In fact, no communication at all from QVC apart from when I've had to call them to prod for things to be done. I've been with QVC practically from day one as a customer and they've never been so bad. In fact, the stress of trying to get them to do what you're effectively paying them to do is too much now and I've had enough. Once this is sorted I'm going to investigate closing my account permanently. Being confined to home due to illness meant that QVC used to be a lifeline at times when it came to shopping but I can no longer tolerate their lack of respect for customers and them having ideas above their station.

I eventually received, signed and returned their declaration letter but how long, on average, does it take for something to happen after that? I know they've received it because I sent it Signed For. I presume they don't actually bother to do anything until they receive the declaration, even though they could use the week they take to send it to check with the carrier in advance. If they're able to check, why can't they do that right away? They usually just say it's out of their hands once they pass it on to Royal Mail. Well, if that's the case, what are they going to do now that they couldn't do then to just give me my refund? I'm disgusted that it's now almost a month from placing the initial order and I have no goods and no refund. In fact, no communication at all from QVC apart from when I've had to call them to prod for things to be done. I've been with QVC practically from day one as a customer and they've never been so bad. In fact, the stress of trying to get them to do what you're effectively paying them to do is too much now and I've had enough. Once this is sorted I'm going to investigate closing my account permanently. Being confined to home due to illness meant that QVC used to be a lifeline at times when it came to shopping but I can no longer tolerate their lack of respect for customers and them having ideas above their station.

I totally know what you mean Moth, the stress wasn't worth it for me either, and to be honest it felt like a weight had been lifted from my shoulders when I closed my account and breathed a big sigh of relief. I do channel hop now and again on to QVC, mostly when I fancy a laugh, if I see anything on there at the time that catches my eye, I just shop around and find it cheaper with free delivery elsewhere. The internet is a big shopping world out there of people who are grateful for your business, unlike QVC (don't forget they're an American retailer) that don't really want to offer the customer and enjoyable shopping experience, for me it was more like a nightmare, but thankfully that nightmare is over.

i agree with you moth. i dont think it will take a long time now as soon as they get your declaration they should give you a refund. its so disapointing when your waiting for an item to come and its lost. phone them and tell them to give you a refund sharpish

Latest posts

Back