Huntleys Hair

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Catherine is normally so attractive, but I think this current look isn't doing her any favours. She's gone a bit 'Madonna', trying out a look that'd be more suited to a woman 20 years younger. Perhaps it's because of her personal circumstances, she's trying to rediscover who she is? I applaud her efforts to try out different looks, but this one isn't great.

Oh, and isn't it usually criminals who are referred to by their surnames? Perhaps the detractors are suggesting she has commited a crime against fashion?!

Couldn't agree more. How rude is that? Sounds like someone is just plain jealous. I think Catherine Huntley is incredibly naturally pretty. Nevermind Catherine the more they pull you to pieces the more it illustrates their envy. You go girl lol:sun:

I can't understand why Catherine is referred to as Huntly when none of the other presenters are called by their surname. Ie Roberts. Young, Franks etc.

It is gratuitously rude. I'm not a huge fan but to her credit, she is generally well-turned out and there's nothing wrong with experimenting with different styles, we have all done it.

I'm not a huge fan either, not particularly bothered about any of the presenters or how they look, but as someone bought up with manners, I think to call her by her surname, particularly on a public forum, is damn rude.

I agree calling someone by their surname is impolite but CH's twitter handle is TheHuntley. She is also the only presenter I have ever heard on air talking about having fans. The hair will be back to presentable soon I imagine, we all make mistakes but don't have so many witnesses :giggle:

I'm not a huge fan either, not particularly bothered about any of the presenters or how they look, but as someone bought up with manners, I think to call her by her surname, particularly on a public forum, is damn rude.

I like Chuntley a lot, I think she's pretty and dares to be different. I call her Chuntley because I think it sounds ever so posh, if you say it just the right way, it's not intended to be insulting. In Tom Brown's schooldays everyone was called by their surname, and if I was called by mine I wouldn't feel offended. I think it depends on the surname though, not sure I'd like it if I was a Pratt (take it as you find it!). :happy:

I don't particularly like her hair at the moment, I could bear the extensions but not the "I've just been through a wind tunnel and used Silverkrin" look. I thought she has teenage children at home - aren't they supposed to be honest to the point of rude? or did she p**s them off so they let her get on with the 'do?

Hope she changes her mind soon, won't be sorry to see that 'do go!

Apologies if I have offended people but its not the first time she has been referred to just by her surname. I don't need a lesson in manners from total strangers thank you. Some of the things said on here about presenters are far far worse & much ruder

However apologies again. I hope thats the end of it.

I wasn't sure BM if you meant that her height made her look like a transvestite or if you meant her hair? Some transvestites have figures/faces that many women would cut off their arm for and others must live a life so difficult, I couldn't begin to imagine. I always think Catherine looks really feminine but it just shows how differently we can all see things.

It's a tough one when you're tall as you can often find youself taller than others but it's something you can't really do a lot about iykwim. :blush:
All of my family are tall & I instilled confidence in my daughter and she is a confident and beautiful woman who wears heels etc. and often towers over her peers but then again so do many of the models these days. We have a family "in" joke as my OH was a keen angler - " we throw the tiddlers back" . :sun:

I meant with her completely over the top look she could pass as a transvestite. They usually over compensate and try too hard to look feminine.

I have nothing at all against tall women, in fact I'm quite envious as I'm only 5ft 2ins. I'd love a few more inches then I could buy trousers the right length.

I agree calling someone by their surname is impolite but CH's twitter handle is TheHuntley. She is also the only presenter I have ever heard on air talking about having fans. The hair will be back to presentable soon I imagine, we all make mistakes but don't have so many witnesses :giggle:

Yes she calls herself 'The Huntley' because there was another Catherine Huntley on Twitter and she didn't want to cause confusion. She wanted to be known the original Catherine Huntley 'the' Huntley rather than 'a' Huntley. That is her prerogative since it's her name. However, there is something rather meanacing in calling her Huntley instead of Catherine. It connotes hatred and is, I think pretty scary:mysmilie_486:

Schools in the 70s and 80s called pupils by their surnames; it's something you just get so used to hearing. I also worked in a mainly male environment in the 90s where they often called each other by their surnames. It wasn't meant as a put down (well at school it might have been).

I've seen other presenter variously called LaRoberts, Dawbags, Cloudier etc so I don't think CH is being singled out.

Back to the topic: The hair reached a low point today, I didn't like it.

Jude xx

OK lets have a recap from other things that have been said on this forum about other presenters far worse than me referring to a presenter just by their surname.

For example :-

AY is Gobby & Motor Mouth,
Charlie has been referred to as Slimey,
Julias a mucky cow
Craig is a complete PRATT.

I could go on.

Last edited:
Blimey, this thread is showing classic signs of being overly hormonal.

Revolutionary idea: Why don't we restrict ourselves to talking about the products, and give the presenters & guests a rest ?

I like Catherine 'The Huntley' as a presenter...

I thought she has teenage children at home - aren't they supposed to be honest to the point of rude? or did she p**s them off so they let her get on with the 'do?

:hi:Maybe she is bringing them up with the 'live and let live' attitude, be yourself and don't let other people's opinions of you shape you or your future - just a thought.

Also, she has mentioned that she loves going to festivals - this style is much more of an 'in' style for that than a sleek bob. Saying this it is I think that there are many hairstyles that could suit both. Smoother for work , wilder for private????:cheeky::emo::rock:

OK lets have a recap from other things that have been said on this forum about other presenters far worse than me referring to a presenter just by their surname.

For example :-

AY is Gobby & Motor Mouth,
Charlie has been referred to as Slimey,
Julias a mucky cow
Craig is a complete PRATT.

I could go on.

I think you will find that many of the posters that think using her surname is rude, have also protested at some time or another at the names mentioned above. The fact that they are still used just means that the perpetrators are exercising their right to speak as they please just as I exercise mine to object and will continue to say that I personally find it offensive.

A few threads back ( page 2 of the menu ) by another forum member she was actually referred to as tarty. The thread is called

Huntly .... enough already.

Other members regarded that as funny & joined in the ridicule.Nothing was said then about the sole use of a surname.

Once again I APOLOGIZE for any offence.

I am not a fan of Catherine as a presenter,nor do I like this particular hair do,however I say good on her for having the confidence to change her look regularly and experimenting with different styles.
I think that she has a lovely figure and is probably feeling confident about her body as she has mentioned weight issues in the past.

Also it may be a little "kick back" after the break up of a long relationship,which I can totally understand having been there.
As for having teenagers..and I have 4 of them,they may well have told her what they think good or bad but it wouldn't necessarily make her change something she is clearly happy with!

I am not 'offended ' by calling someone by their surname I just don't like it, that is the difference.
That is my opinion so I feel justified in saying that.
To say that other threads have called people names is neither here nor there. IMO.

A few threads back ( page 2 of the menu ) by another forum member she was actually referred to as tarty. The thread is called

Huntly .... enough already.

Other members regarded that as funny & joined in the ridicule.Nothing was said then about the sole use of a surname.

Once again I APOLOGIZE for any offence.
Lilian please stop apologising for nothing at all. I (and others) have often called presenters by their surname and threads have also been started that way e.g. Huntley ...enough already! and there hasn't been this ridiculous furore which is now beginning to sound like a witch hunt by a few small minded fms all jumping on the bullying band wagon. CH has stupidly brought a lot of the forum attention on herself with her recent childish and attention seeking references to her 'windy' habits. :puke: What with that and the awful hair extensions she has now been branded Farrah Farty-Pants :grin: which imho is far worse than being called Huntley. :doh: However the tag is also very funny and that's probably why it wasn't targeted as being offensive by the same fms who pulled you up and I wonder if they recognise the hypocrisy of that?? :wonder:

Thank you darlin.

Yes hypocrisy & witch hunt is a very appropriate description.

I think Catherine is very pretty and was surprised to find she had a teenager as she looks so young. However the new style doesn't do her justice - I thought she was wearing a wig at first! She should go for something more edgy and funky - this farrah look seems very dated and fussy looking :down:

Latest posts

Back