I have got a little place in Spain!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

A rare moment of fence sitting, I hate bragging (proper bragging not mentioning something relevant in passing) and I hate false modesty.

A rare moment of fence sitting, I hate bragging (proper bragging not mentioning something relevant in passing) and I hate false modesty.

After watching the video, I have to agree with you Vampyre. I think it was just a passing comment JR made.

I think it is a context thing, when I worked with homeless people I would never have mentioned my far more favorable personal circumstances as I did not feel it was appropriate. Given that QVC is about spending and being aspirational (in their eyes I think) it was ok for Julia to mention her Spanish bolt hole. After all they do waft on about "winter sunshine breaks" "candle lit dinners" etc etc.

If I had a house abroad I would think of it as an achievement. I think Julia had every right to mention it. It's not as if she is forcing viewers to part with their money against their will to pay for it. Yes she earns good money from the likes of us but it's her job and IMO she is good at what she does and deserves a good life. Are we to say that presenters should be frightened to talk about themselves incase they offend someone who is less well off.

Very well said, LH.

If you want to fund your own (holiday) home and not Julia's, start FARTing. How's that for a slogan? :)

Very well said, LH.

If you want to fund your own (holiday) home and not Julia's, start FARTing. How's that for a slogan? :)

:mysmilie_687: I don't think it's terribly catchy for a slogan but the sentiment is what counts. I could probably have paid for 2 cruises with the money I've spent on carp from QVC but I know better now and my money is going towards my next cruise. Sorry if that offends anyone.:mysmilie_61:

:mysmilie_687: I don't think it's terribly catchy for a slogan but the sentiment is what counts. I could probably have paid for 2 cruises with the money I've spent on carp from QVC but I know better now and my money is going towards my next cruise. Sorry if that offends anyone.:mysmilie_61:

:mysmilie_17::mysmilie_17: Well said, Hon.

I think I've heard in the past, I maybe wrong but I have a feeling Julia's spanish place is in Mojacar Costa Brava.
Again I maybe wrong but I think she uses Easyjet to Alicante.
I recall she mentioned a picture taken when she took her mum away on her blog, I'm sure it was poolside.

Lets admit it there's nearly more presenters with multiple homes than without.
I think names that have been mentioned are :
Julia, Ann, Anthony, Claire, Julian, Kathy, Alison K and Jill, there maybe more I've missed.

:mysmilie_11:

Last edited:
mojacar is costa almeria, and 5 miles from europes largest naturist resort. very nice area and inexpensive to buy there :mysmilie_698::mysmilie_698:

julia goes to javea

Last edited:
mojacar is costa almeria, and 5 miles from europes largest naturist resort. very nice area and inexpensive to buy there :mysmilie_698::mysmilie_698:

julia goes to javea

I had a feeling about the area.

:mysmilie_687:

I have got a little place in Spain!

Have you Julia? That's nice!
I haven't but I have got a husband......! What's that Julia, oh, you haven't, have you......?

OK, that was mean.......meh, who cares.....! lol
(Could be a hut on a hillside for all we know - I wouldn't want a house in Spain anyway - far too hot & full of expat chavs.......bleurgh!) :mysmilie_701:

You'd be surprised at how many people actually have second homes in Spain -there was a rush of buying about 10 years ago when prices were very cheap and people had lots of equity in their properties here. You can buy very cheaply now as the over-development of the Costas has meant many unsold new properties and no demand as property prices here have crashed and the exchange rate had made the prices there not such good value. I bought a little place there myself years ago but it doesn't have its own pool , it's a communal one we have to share with the other owners ! ;) I bought it for the family, especially my mum who has arthritis and osteoporosis but when she;s there she has very few symptoms. We are between Alicante and Murcia, nearer to Murcia and there is a very healthy climate there.

Latest posts

Back