If Gemporia wants to survive...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I agree that the presenters should mention about every gemstone treatment. But I watch Gemporia online (because I'm a foreigner) and I always check the details of the product. They at least try to be transparent... Most jewellers (in Poland - almost all of them) will NEVER EVER inform you about ANY gemstone treatments. I'm afraid that many sellers are even not aware of such enhancements. Gemporia is the first step to learn something about possible treatmens. Then you can find more information online. I appreciate it very much.

I'd be very surprised if Gemporia are around in 6 months time (even more so if they're still here in 12 months).

There are so many things wrong, I just can't see how it can survive without a massive overhaul from top-to-bottom.

- It's become highly boring to watch. Long lectures from the three amigos and the same gemstones over and over again (especially Jade).
- The presenter line-up is the worst I've ever known. Even Price Drop / Bid TV had a better line-up than this - that's how bad it is!
- Prices up (considerably)
- Quality down (considerably)
- Customer service has gone into severe decline (considerably).
- Far too many misleading and ludicrous claims that may (debatable!) just about stay within trading laws and broadcasting guidelines, but morally, are very questionable.
- No identity or USP any more. Gone are the days of 'Good quality at affordable prices'. A lot of the jewellery now is low quality at over-the-top prices.
- They've gone from being a unique jewellery channel to another general selly-telly TV channel that is of the TJC and Ideal World mould.

Steve has been back for around 5 weeks now - and what has changed for the better? Quicker refunds. That's it. I can't think of anything else that has changed.

Sure, its going to take months for 'physical' changes - new designs need to be made and imported, they need to flog old stock to make way for new stock, etc. I accept that these things take time. I wouldn't expect an overnight change.

But other issues, that viewers have made clear are huge reasons for turning off, remain. For example:

- Why are the three amigos (but predominantly Dave Troth), STILL giving us lectures every day, multiple times a day?
- Why so much Jade? I appreciate they've got to shift stock - but does it really need to be on EVERY day? At least give us a break from it periodically.
- Why are the overnight hours shows still so bad? The sound and graphics have been out of sync for weeks. Surely this is a relatively quick fix for their technical staff.
- Why does it still take so long to get through to customer services on the phone? Once upon a time, getting through was easy - but now, at certain times of the day, it can take 20 minutes or so to get through to someone. If they've made call centre staff redundant, then they could easily make some options available on the web that would easily reduce phone calls. Why not give us the option to cancel an item online, rather then having to phone up to do it? Why not give us the option to increase quantity of an ordered item in case we want to add an extra one later in the day? (Something I used to do quite often on Gem Collector). If they've been unable to take payment or payment on a split pay item, then why not give us the option to make the missed payment online instead of having to phone up to do it? Again, simple things for their IT department to add to the website. This would then reduce the amount of people calling in because people would only need to phone up for things they can't do online, such as price pledges, general queries and questions, calling about a return, etc.

There are so many things that need to be 'fixed', I just think they're now 'trapped' in the situation they're in. They can't change the presenter line-up without employing more presenters - which, they presumably can't do in their current financial situation - but they won't get customers back (and therefore, income too) if the presenters that drove them away in the first place, remain. They also won't get new customers or returning customers if Gemporia continually annoy them with constant Jadeite shows and Dave Troth ramblings that bore people to tears. All of those things have a negative affect on income - but they need more income to change some of the other issues that they currently have (they need money in the bank to get a wider variety of gemstones, money in the bank to get new designs made, money in the bank to have an overhaul of presenters, etc). I'm not sure how they break this cycle - unless Steve puts more of his own money into the business - and I can't see him doing that because I get the impression he lost interest with Gemporia 5 or 6 years ago, plus, will he really want to risk losing his own money should Gemporia not manage to survive?

As for the non-gemstone items. I understand why they've done it. As time goes on, more and more mines close, stones become harder to find, stones that have become popular or rare go from being affordable to unaffordable, etc. But is the solution more non-gemstone items? If they're struggling to create enough jewellery to fill airtime, then simply reduce airtime. Close COMPLETELY between midnight and 7am. No re-runs. No staff in. Close completely. That gives them more jewellery to last throughout daytime hours, and also saves them overheads overnight because they wouldn't need call centre staff outside of opening times, they wouldn't need producers / directors / floor managers / middle-management, etc.

IF they really do need to have non-gemstone items on-air, then why not have dedicated days and / or times for those shows so that people know when to tune in to, or when to avoid, those days / hours? Everyone will know where they stand then. If people have stayed in on pay day to treat themselves to some jewellery, they're going to be frustrated if they tune in to find Dave Troths wonder coffee, Katies face paint, Steves Primal Pile cream, or Hattie and the amazing technicolour dreamcoat. Whereas if people know in advance that every Wednesday is non-gemstone product day, or every Thursday between 4pm and 6pm is Destello day, viewers will know then that Wednesdays aren't worth watching because they're not interested, or Thursday between 4pm and 6pm is essential viewing so don't bother arranging that cup of tea and slice of cake with Aunt Sally.

A few people have said that Gemporia should branch out into synthetic gemstones - but as far as I am concerned, that would be the final nail in the coffin for me. In my opinion, synthetic gemstones are over-priced costume jewellery. They may look nice, and they may look as good, or better, than a real gemstone - but, they have no history. No worth. No value. They're man made. Surely the whole idea of gemstones is their fascination of being formed naturally, their rarity, their history and their potential value? A synthetic Ruby may look nice, but as far as I'm concerned, it has no more appeal for me than a piece of red glass. Both man-made, low cost to produce (and therefore, low worth), both can be made in endless amounts, so there's no rarity. No, just no. Synthetics looks "too good" too. Why would I want a synthetic Ruby that is flawless? Why would I want a synthetic Ruby that looks identical to someone else's synthetic Ruby? Inclusions are unique to each gemstone and gives each stone its own look and appeal. Differing shades of colour make each gemstone unique. Someone's Amethyst gemstone could look much deeper or lighter than someone else's Amethyst - but both look equally as beautiful. What about the unusual piece of Clear Quartz that has a large blue Gilalite inclusion in it? You just don't get them abnormal / unorthodox stones in synthetic form.

If they wanted to go down the synthetic route and have a channel dedicated solely to synthetics, then sure, fair enough - but synthetics on the main Gemporia channel? It's a big no for me - my custom would be lost once and for all.

Plus where would it end? Would anyone pay for synthetics in gold? Personally, I wouldn't. Precious gemstones belong in precious metals. I don't see the point in putting a worthless man-made stone in precious metal.

Again, in my opinion, synthetics would need a channel of their own and priced accordingly. Maybe bung them in Stainless Stell rather than wasting Silver and / or precious metals too.
Absolutely hit the nail on the head.

The thing with synthetics is that filled rubies aren't anything to write home about either, so I'd rather pay 200 quid for a hard synthetic stone that dazzles than a fragile "estate" piece which to me is not much better than a red chunk of glass.

If they need cash they do not seem to be short on stock judging by their website and should simply reduce the premium for buying when an item is not live. Any regular viewer knows that the website prices are inflated so you're made to buy live to get a decent price. They like to move items in bulk by funnelling into auction which makes sense. But only an idiot or a new visitor would buy anything that isn't on sale online or in auction. I hope they're not counting on the cluelessness of their customer base to plug any financial holes when it looks like they have a ton of stock they could be moving if they really need quick cash.

Why not give us the option to cancel an item online, rather then having to phone up to do it?
That's a great question. It's worth noting that foreigners have to pay for the phone call.

Close COMPLETELY between midnight and 7am. No re-runs. No staff in. Close completely.
I suppose that Gemporia has paid in advance for the time of broadcasting.

A few people have said that Gemporia should branch out into synthetic gemstones - but as far as I am concerned, that would be the final nail in the coffin for me.
Gemporia is not the only jewellery channel in the world. Others sell both natural and synthetic gemstones, and it works. Note that lab-grown diamonds are very fashionable right now. Even De Beers (the biggest diamond mining company in the world) sells them.

I'd be very surprised if Gemporia are around in 6 months time (even more so if they're still here in 12 months).

There are so many things wrong, I just can't see how it can survive without a massive overhaul from top-to-bottom.

- It's become highly boring to watch. Long lectures from the three amigos and the same gemstones over and over again (especially Jade).
- The presenter line-up is the worst I've ever known. Even Price Drop / Bid TV had a better line-up than this - that's how bad it is!
- Prices up (considerably)
- Quality down (considerably)
- Customer service has gone into severe decline (considerably).
- Far too many misleading and ludicrous claims that may (debatable!) just about stay within trading laws and broadcasting guidelines, but morally, are very questionable.
- No identity or USP any more. Gone are the days of 'Good quality at affordable prices'. A lot of the jewellery now is low quality at over-the-top prices.
- They've gone from being a unique jewellery channel to another general selly-telly TV channel that is of the TJC and Ideal World mould.

Steve has been back for around 5 weeks now - and what has changed for the better? Quicker refunds. That's it. I can't think of anything else that has changed.

Sure, its going to take months for 'physical' changes - new designs need to be made and imported, they need to flog old stock to make way for new stock, etc. I accept that these things take time. I wouldn't expect an overnight change.

But other issues, that viewers have made clear are huge reasons for turning off, remain. For example:

- Why are the three amigos (but predominantly Dave Troth), STILL giving us lectures every day, multiple times a day?
- Why so much Jade? I appreciate they've got to shift stock - but does it really need to be on EVERY day? At least give us a break from it periodically.
- Why are the overnight hours shows still so bad? The sound and graphics have been out of sync for weeks. Surely this is a relatively quick fix for their technical staff.
- Why does it still take so long to get through to customer services on the phone? Once upon a time, getting through was easy - but now, at certain times of the day, it can take 20 minutes or so to get through to someone. If they've made call centre staff redundant, then they could easily make some options available on the web that would easily reduce phone calls. Why not give us the option to cancel an item online, rather then having to phone up to do it? Why not give us the option to increase quantity of an ordered item in case we want to add an extra one later in the day? (Something I used to do quite often on Gem Collector). If they've been unable to take payment or payment on a split pay item, then why not give us the option to make the missed payment online instead of having to phone up to do it? Again, simple things for their IT department to add to the website. This would then reduce the amount of people calling in because people would only need to phone up for things they can't do online, such as price pledges, general queries and questions, calling about a return, etc.

There are so many things that need to be 'fixed', I just think they're now 'trapped' in the situation they're in. They can't change the presenter line-up without employing more presenters - which, they presumably can't do in their current financial situation - but they won't get customers back (and therefore, income too) if the presenters that drove them away in the first place, remain. They also won't get new customers or returning customers if Gemporia continually annoy them with constant Jadeite shows and Dave Troth ramblings that bore people to tears. All of those things have a negative affect on income - but they need more income to change some of the other issues that they currently have (they need money in the bank to get a wider variety of gemstones, money in the bank to get new designs made, money in the bank to have an overhaul of presenters, etc). I'm not sure how they break this cycle - unless Steve puts more of his own money into the business - and I can't see him doing that because I get the impression he lost interest with Gemporia 5 or 6 years ago, plus, will he really want to risk losing his own money should Gemporia not manage to survive?

As for the non-gemstone items. I understand why they've done it. As time goes on, more and more mines close, stones become harder to find, stones that have become popular or rare go from being affordable to unaffordable, etc. But is the solution more non-gemstone items? If they're struggling to create enough jewellery to fill airtime, then simply reduce airtime. Close COMPLETELY between midnight and 7am. No re-runs. No staff in. Close completely. That gives them more jewellery to last throughout daytime hours, and also saves them overheads overnight because they wouldn't need call centre staff outside of opening times, they wouldn't need producers / directors / floor managers / middle-management, etc.

IF they really do need to have non-gemstone items on-air, then why not have dedicated days and / or times for those shows so that people know when to tune in to, or when to avoid, those days / hours? Everyone will know where they stand then. If people have stayed in on pay day to treat themselves to some jewellery, they're going to be frustrated if they tune in to find Dave Troths wonder coffee, Katies face paint, Steves Primal Pile cream, or Hattie and the amazing technicolour dreamcoat. Whereas if people know in advance that every Wednesday is non-gemstone product day, or every Thursday between 4pm and 6pm is Destello day, viewers will know then that Wednesdays aren't worth watching because they're not interested, or Thursday between 4pm and 6pm is essential viewing so don't bother arranging that cup of tea and slice of cake with Aunt Sally.

A few people have said that Gemporia should branch out into synthetic gemstones - but as far as I am concerned, that would be the final nail in the coffin for me. In my opinion, synthetic gemstones are over-priced costume jewellery. They may look nice, and they may look as good, or better, than a real gemstone - but, they have no history. No worth. No value. They're man made. Surely the whole idea of gemstones is their fascination of being formed naturally, their rarity, their history and their potential value? A synthetic Ruby may look nice, but as far as I'm concerned, it has no more appeal for me than a piece of red glass. Both man-made, low cost to produce (and therefore, low worth), both can be made in endless amounts, so there's no rarity. No, just no. Synthetics looks "too good" too. Why would I want a synthetic Ruby that is flawless? Why would I want a synthetic Ruby that looks identical to someone else's synthetic Ruby? Inclusions are unique to each gemstone and gives each stone its own look and appeal. Differing shades of colour make each gemstone unique. Someone's Amethyst gemstone could look much deeper or lighter than someone else's Amethyst - but both look equally as beautiful. What about the unusual piece of Clear Quartz that has a large blue Gilalite inclusion in it? You just don't get them abnormal / unorthodox stones in synthetic form.

If they wanted to go down the synthetic route and have a channel dedicated solely to synthetics, then sure, fair enough - but synthetics on the main Gemporia channel? It's a big no for me - my custom would be lost once and for all.

Plus where would it end? Would anyone pay for synthetics in gold? Personally, I wouldn't. Precious gemstones belong in precious metals. I don't see the point in putting a worthless man-made stone in precious metal.

Again, in my opinion, synthetics would need a channel of their own and priced accordingly. Maybe bung them in Stainless Stell rather than wasting Silver and / or precious metals

Legacy and heirloom talk is very grating. It does imply that the item is valuable, to be passed down carefully through the generations. It's extremely unethical.

50 years from now on the Antiques Roadshow "Ah, this would be the legendary gold tone doodad from Gemporia. Only 300 of these were ever made. It's worth £100,000." The owner wipes away grateful tears as they recount how their grandma smuggled it through checkpoints in WW3 in her underpants.....
Destello underpants. The only underpants in the world made from modal as invented by Hattie Houston in the Year of Our Lord, 2021. 😇

If they need cash they do not seem to be short on stock judging by their website and should simply reduce the premium for buying when an item is not live. Any regular viewer knows that the website prices are inflated so you're made to buy live to get a decent price. They like to move items in bulk by funnelling into auction which makes sense. But only an idiot or a new visitor would buy anything that isn't on sale online or in auction. I hope they're not counting on the cluelessness of their customer base to plug any financial holes when it looks like they have a ton of stock they could be moving if they really need quick cash.
I totally agree. I've thought for years that their website is a wasted opportunity because their online prices are expensive and aren't likely to appeal to people that randomly stumble across their website from Google, etc. If they were to charge, say, £10 more than their on-air price for Silver items, and say, £30 more than their on-air prices for Gold, they might actually get a lot of customers online.

The website prices on Gem Collector in particular are LUDICROUS. They would have an opportunity to compete with the likes of Gem Select if their prices were competitive, but they aren't. Not even anywhere close to being competitive. Take this for example:

https://www.gemcollector.com/en-gb/product/1.68ct-csarite®-(n)/ifwo70/

I can get an almost identical stone on Gem Select for £69.95p - even allowing for postage costs from Thailand (around £7), it's almost 3.5 times cheaper. Only 0.06 points difference in carat weight. Both VSI grade. Both Octagon shape. Both untreated. Both come with a certificate of authenticity (in fact, Gem Select's certificates are far superior to Gem Collector certificates - with more detail and a photo of the EXACT stone purchased).

Another example....

A 14.64 carat untreated Rose Quartz from Africa on Gem Collector (which appears to be a bit wishy-washy if the photo is accurate) - £24.99

A 14.77 carat untreated Rose Quartz from Africa on Gem Select (which appears to have lots of colour - and that photo is the actual stone you would get) - £15.93

I still believe that attractive jewellery with synthetic gemstones (especially diamonds) can save the day. Americans seem to be very open-minded in the matter of lab-grown stones. They'd buy synthetics from Gemporia, I'm sure about that. As far as I know, North American customers are a big part of "Gemporia family", so their money could help Gemporia in these difficult times.

Look at the American shopping telly JTV. It exists since 1993. It offers both natural and synthetic gems. And it grows, despite of not-so-low prices. Recently, 15M new households got access to this TV channel. It's impressive, isn't it?

I suppose that Gemporia has paid in advance for the time of broadcasting.

Correct - but during the overnight replays, many of the items are sold out anyway - plus they have to pay the added costs of call centre staff, security, plus presumably someone from IT and a producer / director on standby in case something technical goes wrong.

If the costs of staying off-air work out more beneficial than staying on-air, it makes sense take the hit and close.

Gemporia is not the only jewellery channel in the world. Others sell both natural and synthetic gemstones, and it works. Note that lab-grown diamonds are very fashionable right now. Even De Beers (the biggest diamond mining company in the world) sells them.

Is it because they're fashionable though - or is it because there are huge profit margins in synthetics? Steve Bennett used to tell us on-air that synthetics cost "pennies" to produce.

Either way, each to their own - but I personally wouldn't buy synthetics (or filled Rubies). I'd rather watch non-jewellery items over fake stones.

I totally agree. I've thought for years that their website is a wasted opportunity because their online prices are expensive and aren't likely to appeal to people that randomly stumble across their website from Google, etc. If they were to charge, say, £10 more than their on-air price for Silver items, and say, £30 more than their on-air prices for Gold, they might actually get a lot of customers online.

The website prices on Gem Collector in particular are LUDICROUS. They would have an opportunity to compete with the likes of Gem Select if their prices were competitive, but they aren't. Not even anywhere close to being competitive. Take this for example:

https://www.gemcollector.com/en-gb/product/1.68ct-csarite®-(n)/ifwo70/

I can get an almost identical stone on Gem Select for £69.95p - even allowing for postage costs from Thailand (around £7), it's almost 3.5 times cheaper. Only 0.06 points difference in carat weight. Both VSI grade. Both Octagon shape. Both untreated. Both come with a certificate of authenticity (in fact, Gem Select's certificates are far superior to Gem Collector certificates - with more detail and a photo of the EXACT stone purchased).

Another example....

A 14.64 carat untreated Rose Quartz from Africa on Gem Collector (which appears to be a bit wishy-washy if the photo is accurate) - £24.99

A 14.77 carat untreated Rose Quartz from Africa on Gem Select (which appears to have lots of colour - and that photo is the actual stone you would get) - £15.93

Thanks for showing me GemSelect. It looks great.

Their business model seems to be built to discourage anyone from buying except on air and in a panic because they have thirty second clocks and this should be in a museum and they've never seen anything like it.

When you consider a lot of pieces show as unavailable even when they have stock and their web search is atrocious and often doesn't find what you're looking for they may as well be throwing away money. Sometimes I find pieces only by Googling the stone and following the link to Gemporia where the listing is active. It cannot be found by searching for it in the search bar because their search algorithm sucks. This is a shame because they appear to have a lot of diverse stock and you get the impression sometimes when they're pushing certain stones like Jadeite that they don't have much of anything else to sell. Today's 10% off code doesn't touch the sides of the on air prices. I was looking at rings this morning I've seen £200 cheaper plus.

I understand the dislike of synthetic stones. There's a ruby ring I adore I've seen for thousands that I will never afford. My options are to get one I can, which will be filled and so not durable, or natural and so not very bright or clear, or synthetic. If natural looks naff for my budget I don't mind faking it till I win the lottery.

Thanks for showing me GemSelect. It looks great.
The ironic thing about Gem Select is that Gemporia show their website on screen when they want to show price comparisons on cheaper items (usually Sapphires because, in fairness to Gemporia, their Sapphire prices are very good compared to other companies) - but they conveniently 'forget' not to show the Gem Select prices when Gemporia are more expensive than Gem Select.

The Jadeite carvings are substantially cheaper at Gem Select than Gemporia, the stones seem better quality, and if you buy a carved Elephant, it actually looks like an Elephant, whereas Gemporia often say 'This is a carving of X' - but when they show it on screen, it looks like a carving of Slimer from Ghostbusters or Bernie Winters riding his Ostrich.

Gem Select's Morganite is superior to Gemporia's too. It is proper untreated Pink Morganite - not irradiated Goshenite that has been flogged as Morganite just because they've managed to get a very slight hint of pink out of it.

It is just my personal view, but please Gemporia do not go in the direction of synthetic as you will completely betray your USP of real not fake and all the interest and mystique associated with genuine gemstones. My ask is to ditch the cheese wire gold rings. I would prefer to spend more on a decent amount of gold at least over 2 gms. A lot of the diamond deals in particular seem great value until you look a the gold weight and for a lot of customers it will mean disappointment when it arrives and they realise they will be wearing cheese wire.

The Jadeite carvings are substantially cheaper at Gem Select than Gemporia, the stones seem better quality, and if you buy a carved Elephant, it actually looks like an Elephant, whereas Gemporia often say 'This is a carving of X' - but when they show it on screen, it looks like a carving of Slimer from Ghostbusters or Bernie Winters riding his Ostrich.
I think that you mean Bernie Clifton. Bernie Winters had his real huge fat dribbly dog, Schnorbitz 😏

Ah yes, that's right. Ironically, Schnorbitz is the nickname I give to Jake Thompson when he's on the screen in our house.
You make me sound positively complimentary to Mr T. 😏

I do wish someone would tell him that he needs to buy bigger shirts. I caught part of a pre-filmed "interview" with him the other day. I can't tell you what he was waffling on about, because I was mesmerised by the immense strain his shirt buttons were under.

Plus he was slouching in his chair, which when coupled with tbe extremely tight shirt made him look like he had a bosom to rival Angeline's.

I really don't understand how Gemporia can possibly think that this is how to convince people that they're arbiters of style and taste, and to merrily spend any amounts of money with them.

My ask is to ditch the cheese wire gold rings. I would prefer to spend more on a decent amount of gold at least over 2 gms. A lot of the diamond deals in particular seem great value until you look a the gold weight and for a lot of customers it will mean disappointment when it arrives and they realise they will be wearing cheese wire.
I often get the impression that Gemporia's gold rings come from a 2D world. They look nice from the front. In reality, however, they are as thin as a sheet of paper.

It is just my personal view, but please Gemporia do not go in the direction of synthetic as you will completely betray your USP of real not fake and all the interest and mystique associated with genuine gemstones. My ask is to ditch the cheese wire gold rings. I would prefer to spend more on a decent amount of gold at least over 2 gms. A lot of the diamond deals in particular seem great value until you look a the gold weight and for a lot of customers it will mean disappointment when it arrives and they realise they will be wearing cheese wire.
This was brought up by a few people on their FB page ages ago. Gemporia's response was along the lines of "People are paying for quality gems that they can then put into jewellery of their own design. The accompanying metal is a bonus". Not a direct quote, but the gist is there.

If that is true, and that is Gemporia's intent now, why bother with any settings at all if it's all about the gems?

And if this is the case, why do the presenters go on and on about the value of their gold and silver? Or rave about items being "heirloom pieces" as is, and not needing to be reset into something else first?

There are so many conflicting stories told to potential customers, and they can't all be true. Which calls the company into question over and over. I just can't see why anyone would trust them enough the way they operate now to spend tens of pounds with them, never mind hundreds or thousands.

I do wish someone would tell him that he needs to buy bigger shirts. I caught part of a pre-filmed "interview" with him the other day. I can't tell you what he was waffling on about, because I was mesmerised by the immense strain his shirt buttons were under.

Plus he was slouching in his chair, which when coupled with tbe extremely tight shirt made him look like he had a bosom to rival Angeline's.

I really don't understand how Gemporia can possibly think that this is how to convince people that they're arbiters of style and taste, and to merrily spend any amounts of money with them.

I suspect that Jake's shirt buttons are the only thing that are under greater strain than Gemporia's finances.

You would think that with Jake, Dave and Toby being the 'face' of the channel now, they'd be instructed to look smart and presentable on the telly - especially when they're trying to convince people to buy investment pieces that are not investment pieces because they can't give us investment advice.......

Dave Troth usually looks quite smart (apart from that phase he had where he let his hair grow) - but Jake always wears the same painted-on-effect blue shirt and old-fashioned suit jacket that looks like it was a hand-me-down from his grandad. Toby always has that 6-days of stubble look. I wish he'd either grow a beard - or be clean shaven - but he sits in the middle, where it looks scruffy.

It might seem petty picking on their appearance, but personally, I think Jake and Toby look scruffy and unprofessional at times - plus it makes them look much older than they actually are. I honestly thought that Jake was around early to mid-40s. I couldn't believe it when I saw that he's only 32, and Toby and Dave are only 34.

This was brought up by a few people on their FB page ages ago. Gemporia's response was along the lines of "People are paying for quality gems that they can then put into jewellery of their own design. The accompanying metal is a bonus". Not a direct quote, but the gist is there.

If that is true, and that is Gemporia's intent now, why bother with any settings at all if it's all about the gems?

And if this is the case, why do the presenters go on and on about the value of their gold and silver? Or rave about items being "heirloom pieces" as is, and not needing to be reset into something else first?

There are so many conflicting stories told to potential customers, and they can't all be true. Which calls the company into question over and over. I just can't see why anyone would trust them enough the way they operate now to spend tens of pounds with them, never mind hundreds or thousands.
I can't remember how many times I've heard presenters refer to rings having 'a huge amount of luxory gold' when it is only around 1.6 gms 9ct. Heaven knows what that looks and feels like in person for the larger sizes. And a lot of the
of diamond rings on recently have as little as 1.3 gms hence why so many yellow and pink items come up time and time again - pretty designs but on cheese wire. If I buy a ring that is what I expect to be able to wear, not to have to dismantle and start from scratch (ludicrous!) 😂

Latest posts

Back