In The Kitchen featuring Kenwood TSV 20/07/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hows it snap? It went live so i posted the Full details including price, giving people the chance to order early and price compare. I didnt just copy and post elsewhere like your mate does.

:mysmilie_515:

You just keep doing what you're doing, you don't have to justify yourself to anyone. Some people need to realise they don't have the monopoly on TSVs and OTOs, I don't shop with QVC any more but I like seeing your comments because it gives me ideas, I watch the presentations on QVC then go off and buy it cheaper somewhere else, so thanks for the heads up :mysmilie_14:

You just keep doing what you're doing, you don't have to justify yourself to anyone. Some people need to realise they don't have the monopoly on TSVs and OTOs, I don't shop with QVC any more but I like seeing your comments because it gives me ideas, I watch the presentations on QVC then go off and buy it cheaper somewhere else, so thanks for the heads up :mysmilie_14:

Thanks Shopperholic, the more stick i get the more likely i am to carry on lol. Haters are always going to hate :mysmilie_59:

Thanks Shopperholic, the more stick i get the more likely i am to carry on lol. Haters are always going to hate :mysmilie_59:

I'm really confused - how has one word 'snap' been interpreted as an insult and where's all the 'haters'?

(Genuinely confused BTW - not trying to start an argument)

I've got one of those Kenwood chef things, but a slightly cheaper model. It's great, but you need space for it on your worktop as it's a pain to lug in and out of cupboards (it's not heavy, but it's not light, if you know what I mean??!) Mine came with all sorts of attachments/choppers etc, and you can by additional ad-ons to suit your needs.

It looks smart in the kitchen and does exactly the same job as much pricier kitchen aids, I do think you're paying for the name and styling with a kitchen aid (although if someone wants to buy me one I'll happily accept! :wink: )

Last edited:
I just happen to think, since we have so much unemployment here in our own country, whilst others per capita don't, we should use our own British Brands and workers first, then by all means agree to world trade (as I do), but import lesser numbers. I don't think we need Kitchenaid here at all, yet look around folks, they are featured on every baking show we have - which I think is a disgrace, there is absolutely no reason why these shows should not use Kenwood.

Can you just imagine for a few seconds, cooking, baking shows in one country alone, i.e. the USA or Germany featuring British food mixers et al - oh no, I bet you can't - they use their own first.

Kenwood is now owned by De'Longhi and unfortunately Kenwood products are now manufactured in China.

It doesn't look as large nor sturdy as my model, which IS very heavy to lift in and out of cupboards.

But it is now in the garage, having broken after 1/2 dozen uses (over several years, so out of guarantee).

I just happen to think, since we have so much unemployment here in our own country, whilst others per capita don't, we should use our own British Brands and workers first, then by all means agree to world trade (as I do), but import lesser numbers. I don't think we need Kitchenaid here at all, yet look around folks, they are featured on every baking show we have - which I think is a disgrace, there is absolutely no reason why these shows should not use Kenwood.

Can you just imagine for a few seconds, cooking, baking shows in one country alone, i.e. the USA or Germany featuring British food mixers et al - oh no, I bet you can't - they use their own first.

I should have said that I completely agree with everything you said but nowadays it is so difficult to know who the owner of a company is. In the old days you maybe thought that you would buy a certain company's products but wouldn't touch anything from another company. Nowadays they are often part of the same group. I only found out about Kenwood when I bought a Chef and discovered that it was made in China. Kitchen Aid is now owned by Whirlpool and since that happened the reviews in USA have not been good as they seem to have cheaper parts in them.
Sidetracking a bit, the TV Guide on Virgin Media shows the midnight show tomorrow is In the Kitchen featuring Palson. I wonder if that is a VM mistake or QVC's. A sign of things to come? Was it Ideal World that sold Palson before? I remember the induction hob.

with kenwood there are soooooo many models that look similar. its quite difficult to buy imo...

I should have said that I completely agree with everything you said but nowadays it is so difficult to know who the owner of a company is. In the old days you maybe thought that you would buy a certain company's products but wouldn't touch anything from another company. Nowadays they are often part of the same group. I only found out about Kenwood when I bought a Chef and discovered that it was made in China. Kitchen Aid is now owned by Whirlpool and since that happened the reviews in USA have not been good as they seem to have cheaper parts in them.
Sidetracking a bit, the TV Guide on Virgin Media shows the midnight show tomorrow is In the Kitchen featuring Palson. I wonder if that is a VM mistake or QVC's. A sign of things to come? Was it Ideal World that sold Palson before? I remember the induction hob.

I love my Kenwood, although to be honest these days I don't bake half as much as I once did, and probably now confined more to my big Christmas bake. I agree about the companies now being so different, I am one of those people who can't understand (or won't) why so many of our homewares are made in China. I do not like China, I do not like the way they treat animals or people, but people can speak, whilst animals cannot, so I try not to buy things made in China, but I'm sure you will agree how difficult that is these days, they have a corner in every market, and have done for many years I'm so opposed to them.

I leave my Kenwood in a corner worktop of my kitchen as it is just too heavy to move, apart from that most of my other kitchen 'stuff' is in cupboards as I like clear worktops.

I bought this model minus the meat grinder from Argos last year - on offer at £129!

I was a bit reluctant to buy from Argos as things like this I try to buy from Lakeland due to their fantastic guarantee, but it was £189 from Lakeland at the time. I was dipping my toe in at that time, having not baked for several years so didn't want to spend mega bucks for something I may not use much. I can't stand for very long so it's much easier than standing there with a hand mixer (which I could no longer do) and I've had lovely cake results. The processor attachment is good, too. I make pastry in it that is as good as handmade and the slicing attachment makes short work of fruit and veg. The blender is great for smoothies using frozen fruit, though I haven't tried ice in it. All in all a great buy for a part-timer like myself. It's also easy enough to use that I can sit on a stool and give directions to OH :mysmilie_46:

Do you think Jilly actually drank the "lemonade" that included a whole, unshelled raw egg? I notice she went for a straw maybe so it didn't touch her lips at all

Ah, now that's interesting. She probably didn't taste it because all she said was it's very sweet, and she didn't use a straw for the next drink, which didn't have eggshells in it, which I thought a bit odd at the time.

I love my old Kenwood Chef but I wouldn't have room in the kitchen for all the bits and bobs which I'd never use anyway. I'd also shop around before I bought this if the prices have been £129 in the past.

I didn't see him grating anything and his coleslaw looked odd with slices of carrot. Not a good demo overall, I thought. He didn't show anything fully and Jilly went on a bit at length about first time buyers etc when he could have been doing more demos. My basic old Kenwood with other small appliances that don't take up as much floor space are better for me.

I'm a vegetarian, my husband isn't so he would appreciate the mincer attachment but I don't think I could let him use it as the minced meat goes into the bowl. I felt a bit sick looking at that. I'm sure the Kitchenaid one doesn't and the one for the Kenwood Chef doesn't.

I bought my Kenwood about 15years ago to replace one I'd had for a similar length of time. I don't have all the gadgets as I find they usually get shoved to the back of a cupboard. I also have a smal Morphy Richards mixer with several blade attatchments and although I use the mixer for smaller bakes I never use the blades etc. as I find it quicker and cleaner to chop and slice with a knife.

Latest posts

Back