inflation busting price increases

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

silversequin

Registered Shopper
Blimey, have just been checking my account online to work out when my current easy pays end (note to Q it would be really useful if you could denote when an item is on easy pay, I have to rely on writing it all down on my calender).Anyway out of idle curiosity i clicked on a couple of items I bought in early 2011.

Item 697197 cost me £31.77p and is now on sale for £43.02p It's a dimonique circle pendent

Item 699676 cost me £21.59p and is now £32.00p. This is a pair of Surati earrings

Now I am not very good at working out percentages in my head but this is around a 38% increase!

yet another reason for curbing my shopping habit.

:sad:

I'm not going to do that! Too scared of the result. What's done is bought.

Decleor hydrotenseur - last time I bought this it was around £18.00. Admitted that was some time ago but the current price is now something like £37.50 with the P&P. That's practically doubled in that period.

I bought a Tiffany floor lamp for £100 eighteen months ago and now it is showing at £177...a bit of a price hike there too. Love it to bits but don't know whether I would have gone for it at the higher price.

I wish too you could check your easy pays as I never remember to make a note of them!!

their "my account" facility is rubbish compared with Amazon. It is really random, mine had a purchase from 2008 showing up in the middle of 2011. On Amazon you can search by item, date, 30 day, 60 or 90 day blocks. You also get a complete breakdown of the order details. I know Amazon don't do easy pay (thank heavens as that would be the end of me!) but their efficency is excellent. As for my recent shock over Q prices, I know that I would not have bought those items at the current price so am adding this to my ongoing spending aversion therapy!! The shock has done me good and made me even more wary of their boasts of "value" for money and their "purchasing power". I was a bit ashamed at my 2011 level of spending and am resolving to buy much much less in general this year and to only get something from Q if it truly appeals to me. Let's see how I get on!

Decleor hydrotenseur - last time I bought this it was around £18.00. Admitted that was some time ago but the current price is now something like £37.50 with the P&P. That's practically doubled in that period.

When was it £18?? It was £28 for many years and is now £32.50

Latest posts

Back