Is 11 days to long to wait for an order to be processed

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

madmax

Registered Shopper
I have just had to cancel an order I placed 11 days ago as it was still showing in process when I checked on line.
The customer service person seemed surprised by my complaint and need to cancel the order.
It was a present for a friends birthday tomorrow and there was no way it was going to be here by then.
So what has happened to he 5 to 7 day delivery time???
The item is still showing as in stock as it was when I ordered it.

I've had this happen a couple of times when things were still in process after 2 weeks but the outcome was different. For some miraculous reason the item had allegedly gone into the warehouse processing and they couldn't stop it - that had just that minute happened ....:confused3:

I had needed the items for birthdays both times too and it was too late for the occasion so I had arranged something else. CS said I would have to have the items delivered, ring them up and tell them what had happened to get a return label and send it back and wait for the refund. I was not impressed and thought the whole thing had been a bit co-incidental in timing. Did cross my mind that they may not have had enough stock originally and waited for returns.

My last three orders have been like this, I think they are waiting for stock to be delivered.

Hard times for all, so why have cash tied up in stock in your warehouse.

I was going to make a post similar to this today. I bought a dreamkeeper item that was in stock at the time, but after a couple of days, was changed from "in process" to "awaiting stock". CS told me that a letter had been sent, but fat good that is - it takes a week for their letters to arrive, and, as others have said here, if this had been for a gift or special occasion it would be far too late. I've been told on the 'phone that they are waiting for a new batch of stock to arrive. However, isn't it against some rule somewhere to sell stock that they don't actually have, unless specified as advanced orders? I really am not happy with this. Fair enough, things go wrong sometimes, but I'm sure it's not beyond their wit to 'phone and let me know? Or do they use the letter as a delaying tactic, hoping that whatever problem they have might have has been solved before it is received? If I didn't have internet access, there is no way I would have known there was a problem and would be here waiting for the postman to deliver it. Again, as said above, it had also occurred to me that I'd end up getting someone else's returned item. I think I'm going to phone again and cancel this one. Even if stock does arrive, I don't feel confident that they'll get it right. I'll be charged twice, or they'll forget the easy pay or something else equally idiotic.

Latest posts

Back