Is it Italy or China for Balance-n-Brighten

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

catseye

Registered Shopper
I am on the lookout for a new foundation and was looking at QVC US. As I was looking at the reviews for Laura Geller Balance-n-Brighten I spotted that the product is made in Italy/China. Very strange that here in the UK we are told it is made in Italy by true artisans. Does anyone know which country it really is made in? Thanks

Thanks reflexgirl. I thought it may be a bit suspicious that there was never any mention of China when being sold in the UK. It would be good if Q would let us know the country that their products are made in on the website the way they do on the US site.

Funny that because I hit on a site a few weeks ago around the time of the TSV that was written in America and said her products were made in a factory in New York......I will see if I can find it agin, the betting I can't?

Good job I am not a betting woman

http://www.dermstore.com/reviews/details_Laura+Geller+Beauty_64206.htm

Says products derived from more than one manufacturer but produced long island but the B&B is produced in Italy.

Last edited:
TBH I think almost everything is made in China. Did you see the comments on Lulu Guinness? Uproar! Makes me laugh that so many ppl are ignorant to this fact.

Last edited:
Does anyone know where the artisans in Italy are? If so I will pop over the border and go and check them out.

I picture a little village up in the hills with the godfather music playing, Mamma and Pappa directing the Family of artisans working away happily while they sip wine and eat pasta.

The B&B will have been made in Italy if it came with a brush that definately will have come from China,in fact I am still looking for a makeup brush that hasn't been made in China.
Lynn :mysmilie_48:

I picture a little village up in the hills with the godfather music playing, Mamma and Pappa directing the Family of artisans working away happily while they sip wine and eat pasta.

I love the idea and would be there like a shot. I will go in my red sports car, drive down the Cote d'azur in the sun, with a cool breeze ruffling my new Kim & Co scarf. I shall stop briefly in Monaco for a cafe creme and a slice of Tarte aux pommes with cream before crossing the border and then heading North into the Mountains. The smell of the wild thyme and rosemary will follow me.........

Anyone coming?

Same thing used to happen with Smashbox. The actual product was made in the US, but the packaging and the brushes made in China.

I am humming the theme from The Godfather as a I type.

I will come holmca, it sounds idyllic. We could ask to see the rustic little tumbledown farmhouse kitchen where all the B&B is being lovingly mixed and baked, maybe a finger lick of the bowl to check the creaminess - perhaps not!

Yes Donna, the love theme from the Godfather is playing in my head now - thanks for that :eek:) I have a musical box (funnily enough a childhood holiday souvenir from Italy) which plays that music, I love it.

Inge xx

I will come holmca, it sounds idyllic. We could ask to see the rustic little tumbledown farmhouse kitchen where all the B&B is being lovingly mixed and baked, maybe a finger lick of the bowl to check the creaminess - perhaps not!

Yes Donna, the love theme from the Godfather is playing in my head now - thanks for that :eek:) I have a musical box (funnily enough a childhood holiday souvenir from Italy) which plays that music, I love it.

Inge xx

Take a flight to Nice Ballerina and I will meet you at the airport. I will be the tall willowy blonde (I wish!), wearing Kim & Co, with my Red Carpet Manicure and perfectly made up with LG. I shall carry my monkey mania print Kipling so you know who I am. You might have to bring your own Ultrasun as I don't use it. I prefer to be golden brown. Depending on the time you arrive we can go into Monaco and have coffee or a light lunch before winding into the hills.

We will probably arrive at the little farmhouse an hour or so later. It will be surrounded by lemon and orange trees all fully in flower and the perfume of them will mix with the perfume of the wild herbs on the breeze. We will sit on a shady terrace and enjoy a meal with the family, probably fresh made pasta with a rich tomato sauce made by Mrs. Artisan in the morning. This will be followed by home made goats cheese and salad from the garden, finished off with foamy coffee and a glass of lemoncello made from the trees in the garden.

I could go on, but I have to get ready for work......

Take a flight to Nice Ballerina and I will meet you at the airport. I will be the tall willowy blonde (I wish!), wearing Kim & Co, with my Red Carpet Manicure and perfectly made up with LG. I shall carry my monkey mania print Kipling so you know who I am. You might have to bring your own Ultrasun as I don't use it. I prefer to be golden brown. Depending on the time you arrive we can go into Monaco and have coffee or a light lunch before winding into the hills.

We will probably arrive at the little farmhouse an hour or so later. It will be surrounded by lemon and orange trees all fully in flower and the perfume of them will mix with the perfume of the wild herbs on the breeze. We will sit on a shady terrace and enjoy a meal with the family, probably fresh made pasta with a rich tomato sauce made by Mrs. Artisan in the morning. This will be followed by home made goats cheese and salad from the garden, finished off with foamy coffee and a glass of lemoncello made from the trees in the garden.

I could go on, but I have to get ready for work......

I have equally idyllic plans for the afternoon taking in the sights around where I live.
I shall stroll with my dog, wearing my wellies to avoid the pools of mud, along the side of the canal, wending my way through the industrial estate and passing by the derelict cotton mill. Later I may treat myself to a cup of Tetleys, perhaps accompanied by a cheeky custard cream, and if I'm really being spoilt tonight, we may have a chippy tea. :sun:

I have equally idyllic plans for the afternoon taking in the sights around where I live.
I shall stroll with my dog, wearing my wellies to avoid the pools of mud, along the side of the canal, wending my way through the industrial estate and passing by the derelict cotton mill. Later I may treat myself to a cup of Tetleys, perhaps accompanied by a cheeky custard cream, and if I'm really being spoilt tonight, we may have a chippy tea. :sun:

Believe it or not I envy you. I haven't had fish and chips for 14 years, or a decent Indian meal for that matter. I am making my first trip back in March and Haddock and Chips with lots of salt, vinegar and ketchup is the first thing on my list.

Add a slightly warm slice of white bread and butter to that and I'll be there at the chippy waiting for you! Dandelion & Burdock anyone?

Latest posts

Back