Is This Normal:

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Snarly

Registered Shopper
I haven't placed an order with IW for ages and ordered the Elysee Cream just now while I'm at a friend's house, using the computer. Seconds after the order had gone through, my mobile rang and it was a chap from IW. They noticed I was browsing and is there anything he could help me with? No, I said, everything's fine and I just finished placing my order. Now are they just ExceptionallyHelpful or ExceptionallyDesperate?!?

Last edited:
I bet his English was terrible, he will have been calling from India. I think this smacks of desperation, actually ringing customers to pester them. it would put me off. I have ordered a bit recently but never had this happen.

Thanks TriStar. His English was excellent. He did have an accent. But then, so do I. lol That call IW, doesn't endear you to me; in fact, it's rather off-putting!

I haven't placed an order with IW for ages and ordered the Elysee Cream just now while I'm at a friend's house, using the computer. Seconds after the order had gone through, my mobile rang and it was a chap from IW. They noticed I was browsing and is there anything he could help me with? No, I said, everything's fine and I just finished placing my order. Now are they just ExceptionallyHelpful or ExceptionallyDesperate?!?

Snarly, the exact same thing happened to my mum, she was furious as they then kept calling her for a few days. After several days of it she told them she didn't want to hear from them again and they weren't worth her time & breath! Funny, they didn't call her after that lol! We thought it may be because they might be targetting older people as they didn't do it to me when I ordered at the same time. Like you we hadn't ordered from them for ages but we both liked the Elizabeth Grant pick of the day so we bit the bullet & ordered.

ta

Thanks, Nikki - good to know. If IW telephone again, it'll be a "Cancel that order" from me. *off to sharpen my claws and gnashers, grrr*

I guess u could have used it in ur favour as they were paying for the call lol best thing to get rid of them is if they do it again ask them to hold on (someone at the door etc) and come back in 20mins they will be gone and wont do it again , i do it all the time with the cold callers lol

Hi Snarly. I have had the exact same thing, within seconds of making the order they phoned me too. I don't know if it is a good thing or bad. Just wish the delivery was as quick, lol.

Thanks Bexi, Autumn and Jac. And WELCOME Jac, glad you joined us :heart: Autumn, YouAreNaughty. But I do like your style!!! x

Latest posts

Back