Its June again ....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They may have had to do that 50 years ago but anyone doing it in the past 20 years is doing it for kicks.

GM would have had absolutely no problem connecting with anyone in his very large circle of friends but there would be no adrenaline rush taking the risk involved.

Hit the nail on the head. Certain men getting access to women's spaces gives them a kick. Whether they're dressed as a male or female.

I remember decades ago speaking to a psychologist working for a rape charity telling me that men do it more for power and kicks rather than sexual attraction. I went away and had a think about it, asked some male friends what they thought and realised it was true.

They may have had to do that 50 years ago but anyone doing it in the past 20 years is doing it for kicks.

GM would have had absolutely no problem connecting with anyone in his very large circle of friends but there would be no adrenaline rush taking the risk involved.
I believe that haunting the public lavatories in search of strangers to make a connection with is called "cottaging". Thrilling probably, with no need for emotional involvement. Dangerous, but that must also be part of the lure.

I remember when my late husband and I were "courting" in the 70s, we had a nice evening in our local pub, then off he went to the loo before we left. Quite a while later he came out looking shaken and dishevelled. While doing his 'business' he was accosted from behind by a middle aged man. My chap was 6' and could take care of himself, so was not the right person to pick on. Apparently he elbowed the chap who stumbled back, then while recovering was told in no uncertain terms (like blokes do) what would happen if he tried it again.

I do the EXACT same thing.
(Sending you a virtual high five 😉)
When I have a customer who can't be bothered with good manners I get over polite and ooze niceness from every orifice.

'Hello, how are you? Could you find everything you were looking for? Thank you so much for shopping with us, can I tempt you to one of out beautiful bags, only £1 in many beautiful designs, no? I have carrier bags for 20p, and do you have a reward card with us? No? ooh would you like one? They are free and I can register you right now! No? Ok no problem, that will be £1.25 please, thank you so much, do you need a receipt? Thanks again have a completely wonderful day, bye bye.'

I really winds the ill mannered plonkers up because they can hardly complain to head office that the sales assistant was too helpful and friendly.

I remember when my late husband and I were "courting" in the 70s, we had a nice evening in our local pub, then off he went to the loo before we left. Quite a while later he came out looking shaken and dishevelled. While doing his 'business' he was accosted from behind by a middle aged man. My chap was 6' and could take care of himself, so was not the right person to pick on. Apparently he elbowed the chap who stumbled back, then while recovering was told in no uncertain terms (like blokes do) what would happen if he tried it again.

I've always been a tomboy so in my teens I used to wear an army surplus camo jacket. My ex also wore one. I was in dire need of a loo during a walk one evening but the ladies' loo was locked. The men's wasn't so my ex suggested I use it. I did while he stood just inside the doorway. Along comes the Plod who tried arresting us!

I also got called 'Sir' when I was stopped on my motorbike one evening.

I have feminine features, a large bust, and (back then) had long hair I kept in a thick plait. Even in camo and jeans and with a helmet on I was clearly a female yet assumptions are made.

When I have a customer who can't be bothered with good manners I get over polite and ooze niceness from every orifice.

'Hello, how are you? Could you find everything you were looking for? Thank you so much for shopping with us, can I tempt you to one of out beautiful bags, only £1 in many beautiful designs, no? I have carrier bags for 20p, and do you have a reward card with us? No? ooh would you like one? They are free and I can register you right now! No? Ok no problem, that will be £1.25 please, thank you so much, do you need a receipt? Thanks again have a completely wonderful day, bye bye.'

I really winds the ill mannered plonkers up because they can hardly complain to head office that the sales assistant was too helpful and friendly.

That worked for me, too. I was immensely irritated having to do that but I imagine the customer was equally irritated at how obviously 'nice' i was being.

I thought Gay Pride month was June. I only know this because all the on air staff wear badges.

I've just watched a mid programme break and there was this promo for the LGBT phone line !!! and QVC was a collaborator. I'm getting a bit fed up with other peoples sexual preferences being shoved down my throat ! particularly on selly telly.

Something else I wasn't aware of (though not having children its not surprising), but talking to my beauty therapist today, (she has a gay child of 12), she happened to mention at the child's school there is something called the Queer Club ! I said "pardon". It seems that schools have an integrated 'club' where gay or trans children can meet. Who knew ? - I didn't.

I thought Gay Pride month was June. I only know this because all the on air staff wear badges.

I've just watched a mid programme break and there was this promo for the LGBT phone line !!! and QVC was a collaborator. I'm getting a bit fed up with other peoples sexual preferences being shoved down my throat ! particularly on selly telly.

Something else I wasn't aware of (though not having children its not surprising), but talking to my beauty therapist today, (she has a gay child of 12), she happened to mention at the child's school there is something called the Queer Club ! I said "pardon". It seems that schools have an integrated 'club' where gay or trans children can meet. Who knew ? - I didn't.
July in NI.

Latest posts

Back