Now we know.....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Since Q got caught over Flinty and her mate with BCC and the charity decided to part ways. Q have been wandering around looking to make themselves look good with some sort of charity thing. The LGBTQ+ was June's charity, they were not selling products just giving a link to the charity to donate to their helpline. I actually caught the ad thing they did explaining it.

No doubt, another charity will be picked shortly again to make Q look good because have no doubts that is why they are doing it.

Donna has hit it on the head. I'm not knocking any particular charity but it's more a commercial thing - see how diverse/sympathetic/honourable/whatever we are, support whichever charity we think you'll latch on to at the time and buy from us. Money first, charity second - and I'll choose my charities myself, without commercial interference, thank you very much.

I think with the high profile causes and charities of the present day - There's a bandwagon to be jumped on in order fall in line with everybody else and to promote yourself as a forward thinking company that celebrates diversity in every way, shape or form. Waving a few flags around, wearing badges and an overlaying the logo with a rainbow are all empty gestures. If they wanted to do something that would be of any practical use, I'm sure they could do so. I'm thoroughly sick of all this ridiculous virtue signalling!
They'd be better off putting their backs into sourcing cruelty free cosmetic and skincare brands, environmentally sound products and packaging, donating money to causes that actually need the money - This sort of thing is far more relevant, and is far more likely to engage with the customer than any amount of unicorn vomit could ever do!

I get sick of having charities shoved down my throat and seeing the TV adverts which try to guilt trip us into donating. The ad breaks on some channels are full of charity appeals. It`s not just charity it`s big business. Highly paid executives, highly paid communication and production teams and high profile celeb supporters who probably charge a fee.
Nobody wants to see people starve or die from preventable diseases but many of their Governments are corrupt and do nothing to help their own people. They don`t invest in education, health care or decent sanitation or housing, let alone tackle issues such as child abuse or domestic violence. Our government plus others which send aid to these Countries should be applying more pressure on them because otherwise any aid we send will simply be a temporary sticking plaster and never a cure and will only ever touch the tip of the iceberg.
As for all these abbreviated communities who have different gender identity issues or sexuality issues, well get over yourselves, in my opinion there is no difference between any of us, black, white, gay, trans etc etc etc, we are ALL people, we share the same planet, breathe the same air, go about our daily lives and live love and die here. We all face prejudices at points in lives, too white, too black, too fat, too thin, too young, too old, too rich, too poor, too hetero, too gay, too different, too boring, too badly educated, too privileged and so on.
I won`t be made to feel guilty because of who and what I am and nobody else should be made to feel bad for being who or what they are. We ALL need to fight the good fight to make the World a better place but not by riots or destroying property or by trying to rewrite history or by shouting over everybody else who isn`t a part of your particular cause but by quiet acceptance of each other, by not labelling each other and by educating each other by talking and listening, not shouting and demanding.

Cant disagree with a word you said Vienna, but there will never be an answer while corrupt governments line their own pockets. Live Aid 30 odd years ago, raised millions which did a bit of good but barely solved the problems and is a prime example of how throwing money doesn't necessarily help. I remember Prince Phillip many years ago on a visit to one of the third world countries and seeing the poverty, saying "haven't they heard of contraception ?". This is the crux of the matter. I'm staggered that here we are in the 21st century and yet there are still generation after generation where contraception is either a taboo because of ignorance and religion, yet overpopulation is still not tackled. India is a classic example, kids playing in sewers and other scratching around waste tips for something to eat, while the upper echelons of Indian society are tucked away in their own enclaves - and yet they come with begging bowl to the UK for handouts.

Th
Oh boy!

Mr. AE tells me this would be my Mastermind subject as I don't shut up about it.

I don't give a crap what anyone wants to wear/call themselves. I volunteered for years with our LHB AIDS helpline, primarily helping gay men. Have been the friend that others have come out to first over the years because I've been willing to talk about anything remotely taboo (including homosexuality) as I've never understood why things like that are/were taboo. I now bang the drum for menopause which is apparently another taboo.

Hmmm... is this why people cringe when I start talking?

However. I draw the line at men identifying as women using women's toilets and changing rooms simply because I've first (and second) hand experience with a man in the Ladies flashing. Younger women use the loos as a bit of a sanctuary at times (does anyone else remember putting their arm around a friend with a broken heart who wouldn't want the world to know she's upset?), are frequently ashamed of their periods (I never understood this but from what I read boys and young men are actually shaming girls for having a period now - they should be so lucky they never encountered me as a teen!) and want privacy, especially if they've had a leak. Muslim women need to wash before prayers and adjust their hijab. They don't particularly want to share sreas they consider a private place with any men no matter what they wear and neither do I. Too much risk and opportunity for even just the odd bloke hiding cameras etc. Not to mention the really odd ones that actually post on chat rooms that they've been in the Ladies and urinated on the seats and toilet rolls.

There are so many reasons a man should not be using women's spaces and the fact that they 'feel' like a woman is not an excuse to let them.

S tone wall (I have to type spaces as they search for postings like mine then 'doxx' people) is causing massive disruption over this. Jobs are being lost and women speakers told they've been struck off list for speaking openly of keeping women's spaces for women. They're not the only charity doing this but they're the most well-known. They've gone into organisations and government departments and demanded change for the teeny percentage of men wanting to us all to change for them. However, the EHRC is the latest organisation to wake up and smell the BS and have left them.

Earlier this year Lord Hunt made a great speech in The Lords standing up for women. The Maternity Bill is also saving the NHS a great deal of money by saying that the word 'mother' is lawfull and should remain. No ****, Sherlock! Though several Trusts are insisting on going ahead and changing the language (again at huge cost to the NHS) around not only maternity services but all services where women are concerned.

It all starts small with the S 'charity' insisting that the word 'gender' by used rather than 'sex' which starts a confusion. The hooha around the Census this year had the forms rushed through on the hush then changed (at taxpayer's cost) after complaints. Anyone can use any gender they like but we are all one of just two sexes.

This is a problem as men saying they're women when arrested for flashing etc., are recorded as a female having committed the crime which skews figures. The same figures are used by statisticians who provide figures for medical-related sectors that use them for drugs and medical services that affect us all.

Men can also ask to be housed in women's prisons even if their crime is rape. Refuges can't turn away men saying they're women despite the women already there have been traumatised by their experiences and are trying to escape from men.

It's a huge fight that's happening very much in the background so the more people actually get to know what's really happening is important (or should be at least to women). Long story short, though, women are STILL protected by law and the Equalities Act 2010. Despite S insisting otherwise we can still request our own spaces and services.

However, if you do, be careful as a lady called M arion M i ll ar (again spaced to avoid searches) in Scotland has recently been arrested for Tweeting a photo of a suffragette ribbon tied to a fence. It looked like a noose and offended apparently. It looked like a. Her Twitter account has been removed but Twitter accounts showing collections of guns, baseball bats wrapped with barbed wire and machetes threatening violence to her (the same people who made the same threats to JK Rowling) and her followers are still up. If you want more info the wonderful (and funny) Father Ted writer, G Line han (spaced) has loads of interesting info on his site if you Google him.

What with all this and the incel, Mens Rights Activist and how to pull (then rape) sites out there, it's a thoroughly unpleasant world young women are heading for. Luckily, there are still men like Mr. AE (and other husbands on here) and most of the men we all know (even those that have always quietly dressed as women) are not like this and would never dream of treating women like the odd few (but increasing) number of men out there these days.

Sorry for the long, boring rant but I hope it answered a few questions. Even though it's late, I'm not feeling great and should have gone to bed ages ago so I could have made more sense and less of a hash than I have in the morning!

Thank you for your time in giving us a bit of education. Don't feel it is a rant.

I need to read it again a digest bit by bit. Thank you. X

I’ve mentioned this before, so apologies for repetition.

I worked in international banking for 40 years, selling our products and services to overseas companies. We were once asked by a major charity to bid to supply accounts and payment services supporting their aid efforts in Africa. In the end it was decided not to bid. The whole set-up was something we didn’t want to be involved in. Umpteen “commission” and fees accounts, accounts for the top brass in each country, etc etc you get the drift.

I had an acquaintance some years ago whose friend had a job with one of the big high profile aid charities . They had plush offices in London, she had a really good salary, a fantastic pension pot, a new car every three years, and all sorts of perks. The fact that a lot of the world is still living in dreadful poverty proves that all the billions of charity money raised, and the billions contributed in foreign aid, is not reaching the intended target, or used appropriately but still the money is being poured in, regardless. Too many on ‘a nice little earner’. Much back scratching and shady dealing.

The issue with large families in developing countries is that many children don’t survive and there is precious little help from the state in old age so children are vital. Decent healthcare and education make such a difference. It’s terribly sad. I know that a lot of money is wasted but I’m not sure that’s a reason not to help. There needs to be clearer oversight of funds and a culling of dodgy bosses. I think we should be able to send aid at the same time as supporting our own disadvantaged children. The pandemic has shown us that money can be found when it suits.

Cant disagree with a word you said Vienna, but there will never be an answer while corrupt governments line their own pockets. Live Aid 30 odd years ago, raised millions which did a bit of good but barely solved the problems and is a prime example of how throwing money doesn't necessarily help. I remember Prince Phillip many years ago on a visit to one of the third world countries and seeing the poverty, saying "haven't they heard of contraception ?". This is the crux of the matter. I'm staggered that here we are in the 21st century and yet there are still generation after generation where contraception is either a taboo because of ignorance and religion, yet overpopulation is still not tackled. India is a classic example, kids playing in sewers and other scratching around waste tips for something to eat, while the upper echelons of Indian society are tucked away in their own enclaves - and yet they come with begging bowl to the UK for handouts.
And yet we give Aid to india. A country with nukes !!! that is hugely corrupt.

It’s hard to justify sending money to countries where they have a space programme costing trillions (India - what the hell is new since 1969 that we can’t leave the yanks and Russians to it), or to those countries which spend trillions on arms.

I was part of a local charity which employed a fund raiser (yet we the great unwashed unpaid volunteers had all the ideas and did the donkey work) . The volunteers were miffed at the salary package but the head honcho justified it by using the expression “a sprat to catch a mackerel”.Once the partial funding ran out she left without one single corporate donation and we were back to raffles,bridge nights and BBQs.

As for LGB +++++ I’m lost !

For me once a charity/cause ends in riots and destruction of property I’m out.

This is making me sad......

COME ON ENGERLAND!!!!!!!!

Other football teams/countries are available.....
Even Prince Charles is getting excited. He`s had the band playing at Clarence House and I can see him now. He`ll be sitting with his England shirt over his tweed suit, shirt and tie, he`ll have his beer cans by his side and his flag on a stick to wave, Camilla will be sporting a red and white England hat and her Tesco carrier bag will be neatly placed on her knee hiding the bottle of gin inside it and the 20 Marlboros. Sje`ll be sporting her England leisure suit of trackie bottoms and sweatshirt. The security guy will be sent to the local chippy at half time and Charlie and his Mrs will eat off trays on their knees.
Here`s his sing along band outside Clarence house today and he and Camilla joined in with the tune blowing on their combs wrapped in Royal toilet paper.

Has anyone noticed that, in recent weeks, DF has started speaking in a sing-song type way and occasionally drops in a hushed tone? It’s as though she’s speaking to children. Well, we’re neither children nor do we believe the “fairy tales” that she spouts.

Latest posts

Back