Now we know.....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes, although ours was done through our regular school and was in aid of the N.S.P.C.C . Same thing but the booklet was called "Sunny Smiles"...I sold my whole book!
Merry that may well have been the same books we were given at Sunday School. It was a Methodist church and Sunday School, so I could be wrong when I said Sunshine Babies but it does ring a bell somewhere. Either way they sound the same thing but I doubt they`d get away with it nowadays, all this political correctness etc, photos of beautiful black or white babies would be frowned upon !

Merry that may well have been the same books we were given at Sunday School. It was a Methodist church and Sunday School, so I could be wrong when I said Sunshine Babies but it does ring a bell somewhere. Either way they sound the same thing but I doubt they`d get away with it nowadays, all this political correctness etc, photos of beautiful black or white babies would be frowned upon !
Sunny smiles ?

Like yourself I googled it and was surprised to read that people remember them in school in the mid 1970’s which I thought would have been too late.I vaguely remember them early 50‘s

amused to read many thought they were actually buying the child in the picture. We we such innocents.

Wow yes I remember the Sunny Smiles books. I think I gave half my paper round money to them and the leprosy books that used to come through the door as well.

As for charities, my mum used to work for Cancer Research and she despaired at doctors being flown first class around the world to do lectures etc and put up in 5 star hotels. This was donated money. She never gives money to CR.

We donate to Dogs Trust and Mr CC is a member.

CC

Latest posts

Back