January's yankee candle tsv

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I got a clean cotton one and it was a 20% off day, so i was quite happy. No bloomin £4.45 postage either just a quick walk to the free car park and then home.

What you mean you didn't have to struggle through crowds, pay a fortune to park, drive for miles etc when you could have bought from QVC instead and paid loads of p & p, waited days for delivery then found a "we couldn't deliver card" behind your front door?

What you mean you didn't have to struggle through crowds, pay a fortune to park, drive for miles etc when you could have bought from QVC instead and paid loads of p & p, waited days for delivery then found a "we couldn't deliver card" behind your front door?

Shocking isn't it :mysmilie_17:

Some of mine have tunnelled and some do not. I tend to find it is the 'sweet' scents which seem to do this. And I burn them all for at least 6-8 hours at a time. I did notice that they were selling YC in Debenhams the other day - they may have been in there for ages but I don't often go to the homeware department as it is quite expensive.

Nice to know it's not just me :mysmilie_687:
And your observation about the sweet scents is interesting, as the two jars I've had problems with have both been 'sweet' fragrances - a minty one and a sweet lavender one.

Nice to know it's not just me :mysmilie_687:
And your observation about the sweet scents is interesting, as the two jars I've had problems with have both been 'sweet' fragrances - a minty one and a sweet lavender one.

Maybe they have used the wrong size wick, apparently different scents burn at different speeds and girth IS important!

Hello, I have had this problem with the tunnelling on a couple of occasions. I was at a loss to understand why. Then I checked the piece of furniture I was burning the jar on. It is an antique chiffonier and it isn't completely flat (but my eyes are not the best!). This was causing the problem, so I have not used that since and now I have no problems. Worth investigating and good luck!

Inge xx

I have quite a few YC stockists near me in Stockport. I have an outlet close to where I live and in the Town Centre Clintons and another independent card shop sell them. It's good if you want a last minute pressie!

Have had another email from Yankeedoodle today with some more offers on. x

I also have a problem with tunnelling on some of my large jars and I never change how I burn them. That's why I now much prefer the double wick jars. I know that they are not such good value for money as they burn faster, but I never get even a hint of tunnelling with them and you only need to burn them for a couple of hours before the molten wax hits the sides. I buy them from Boundary Mill, so they are pretty good value for money and I never need to throw anything away.

the double wick are very very good specially if you have a problem burning them long enough to stop the tunnelling..
i dont burn them as long and find that the smell is so intense (midnight jasmine) that hpoyrs after they have been snuffed the room still smells nice!

i have found that some of the wax is harder than others and some candles are more prone to tunnelling than others.

sounds like the wick is too short..
also buy a shade i find these help with thesooting as it catches the soot.:mysmilie_81:

I have a problem with tunnelling (drafty with no shade) I burn them a lot longer than 3 hours to get the wax to the side. I deal with tunnelling by shoving the wax down into the pool with my wick trimmers. I MUCH prefer the 2 wick tumblers but they still don't have a complete range.

Clean cotton is a fragrance of the month this month, must pop to my local Debs to see if they have them in.

I have a problem with tunnelling (drafty with no shade) I burn them a lot longer than 3 hours to get the wax to the side. I deal with tunnelling by shoving the wax down into the pool with my wick trimmers. I MUCH prefer the 2 wick tumblers but they still don't have a complete range.

Clean cotton is a fragrance of the month this month, must pop to my local Debs to see if they have them in.

:mysmilie_348:I have the same problem. And I prefer the double wicks as well! :D

I dare you:mysmilie_12: It was quite refreshing to get an item a second after i'd paid for it as oppossed to 3-4 weeks.

*Love A'kin laughs so hard she rattles her fragile alcohol ravaged brain* :mysmilie_1590: :mysmilie_14: :mysmilie_1466: :mysmilie_769: :mysmilie_978: :mysmilie_345: :mysmilie_544: :mysmilie_1017: :mysmilie_17:

*Love A'kin laughs so hard she rattles her fragile alcohol ravaged brain* :mysmilie_1590: :mysmilie_14: :mysmilie_1466: :mysmilie_769: :mysmilie_978: :mysmilie_345: :mysmilie_544: :mysmilie_1017: :mysmilie_17:

Hangover by any chance? :mysmilie_11:

thanks scw..... sounds good,nice to get new smells too!!
dont suppose you have any ideas on the price??
I am glad they are large candles so I can ask someone to buy them for my birthday !!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back