Jill Franks - Glasses

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have noticed in the past few years this thing for many women wearing big black square frames. Not sure if it is a fashion trend, if so not one for me.

Jill, might be having problems with her contacts and if her husband’s glasses are working for her, she could be lazy and just use them in the meantime?

If you want to see glasses which make D Barlow‘s look like fine dainty frames you need to look at Lisa from Egg Heads but she has changed her haircut as well.

27DA0260-4C46-4211-BC16-0E9B89F9358D.jpeg

and these are not the biggest or brightest!

If you want to see glasses which make D Barlow‘s look like fine dainty frames you need to look at Lisa from Egg Heads but she has changed her haircut as well.

View attachment 24142
and these are not the biggest or brightest!
Jenny Eclair has some great specs as well….personally I quite like big frames..if you’ve got to wear them, may as well make a feature of them

You only need a piece of fabric to cover your bits yet we all have wardrobes full of clothes because they look and make us feel a whole lot better .

Frames cost a fortune so I think everyone would want those best suited to their face and style as it’s the lens which are the important bit and the frames are the fashion bit. We are long past the old NHS cheapie frames they are now a fashion statement in their own way. They just didn’t go with the middle age Barbie look she sports, it might have been an opportunity to do a restyle to something a bit more modern.

Jill just seems hard work and high maintenance,always gives that impression of I’m special,hopefully she gets up before 3.00 pm in the afternoon,but somehow I doubt it.
If only some of them would gracefully retire,but QVC tat sellers seem to go on forever.

They were smaller than I expected them to be. I thought they’d be the size of Deidre Barlow’s glasses in Corrie. 😳

If they are her frames, rather than borrowed from her husband, then she should opt for a more delicate style. 🤓
Yes me too! I didn’t think they were huge but the wrong colour for her. I’m just amazed she doesn’t have her own back up glasses.

There was a trend wasn’t there when Hollywood actresses started wearing big, black glasses, presumably to emphasis how small the rest of them was! I find that style impossible on me. I very much dislike the size of those specs in the photo upthread. I had some huge sunglasses once and where they actually touched my cheek they started steaming up! So that was a waste of money, although only an impulse buy in TK!

Last edited:
Looking at some of the videos of jewellery shows she’s presented they’re actually blue not black.

Looking at some of the videos of jewellery shows she’s presented they’re actually blue not black.
Jill just seems hard work and high maintenance,always gives that impression of I’m special,hopefully she gets up before 3.00 pm in the afternoon,but somehow I doubt it.
If only some of them would gracefully retire,but QVC tat sellers seem to go on forever.
Have no idea what she was going on about in the Kim Show even Jenny Blackhurst looked bewildered.

Well I had to watch the video of her in the ‘gym bar thingy’ to see the specs after reading this!

They’re not as bad as I was expecting, in fact I don’t dislike the glasses at all... BUT they’re too dark and heavy on Jill IMHO!

I think the problem is with her hair with the glasses?
It looks even lighter than last time I saw her and it’s one block colour and maybe too long for her face or something, but together they just don’t work well?!

I don't mind Jill usually but, she's on with the Neom BA (sweet girl) now and oh boy she's constantly interrupting. To the point she's getting p***ed off trying to speak. Come on Jill give her a flipping chance!

I thought it was only me that noticed the slow talking she's started doing. Talk about opposite ends of the scale, Jill with her drawling and Ophelia like a steam train with her talking.

If they're her husband's glasses while she's not wearing contacts, how come she can see ok out of them ok as they'll be prescription ones? If he didn't have prescription ones then what's the point of her wearing them as they wouldn't make any difference to her vision.
I think she may have been joking about wearing her husband's specs.

Latest posts

Back