Jill Franks High?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Aaaaah, but if they leave, they would have to start PAYING for everything ! and wouldn't be able to afford their new homes / long haul holidays / frequent holidays, and would have to be in therapy for withdrawal symptoms.

Jill wears JMcDonald clothes outside of Q and did so long before he started on the bling ornaments so I assume she thinks they are buddies.

I dont want to sound old fashioned but I think she is going down the M Hope school of dressing “if you can physically get the garments on it’s ok even if it makes you look like mutton dressed as lamb”. We all see those ladies with long blond hair, size 8 in pleather trousers, look 35 from the back, turn around and the 70 year old face is either stretched or their young makeup is lying in the wrinkles. Personally I think her style is very dated, very 1985.

Her one and only redeeming feature is she isn’t joined at the hip to her iPad and doesn’t really go on about extended family.

She probably doesn't know how to operate an iPad either ! - 'hubby deals with all that'

As for family, I only remember her speaking of her mother-in-law once.

I’ve never heard her mention her own family and MIL just once or twice I think something about how hard she found getting navy access.

She's so thin, would it really be an event if she did leave it open ? Looking at her legs, (and how tv is supposed to put pounds on), she must be around a size 6 or even a 4 !!!
I bet she's a size 4.

Anne really doesn’t look well and I’m sorry to say but that home dye orange hair is just awful. She always has had problems with her hair, possibly health related, but the colour is the exact opposite to what she needs to do to disguise it.

Not sure why she has started to sport the refugee from the Vietnam war look but camo cargo trousers and mud brown T shirts is doing her no favours.
The red hair is a bit too vivid for her papery pale skin and if she leaves the roots too long, it will look really bad. She'd be better off with blond highlights. The grey roots don't show up as much.

She's always been her husband's 'princess', and one must assume he does all the household chores
ie cooking (she doesn't know where the kitchen is),
gardening (can you get high heeled wellies ?),
cleaning (how do you switch the Shark on ?)
BUT
she knows how to use all the cosmetic/beauty products - LOVES them all. Sadly the hair products seem to escape her too 🤭
A sad mistake to find yourself dependent on another person for basic, everyday needs. One day, you may have only yourself to rely on, and from experience, I know how frightening it is to be totally ignorant of how to survive successfully on your own without the crutch of a husband you had before. She needs to wise up (or is it a sham?)

Spot on. Having been divorced once and now bereaved - having some basic coping skills both in practical terms and emotionally is key to survival. Never ever rely entirely on somebody else to cater to those needs for you.

Couldn't agree more. Working for a few years in elderly psychiatry, I saw so many older people - mainly ladies, who were admitted with depression/bereavement, because they couldn't cope with everyday living. They had a partner "who did everything" - from sorting out finances, driving the car, changing lightbulbs, that they didn't know how to be independent.

I have a friend in the same position, she often says "I don't know what I'd do without him", and I say to her "then its about time you started to learn how to do stuff, because .......... who is 80 won't be around forever". Sadly most put their head in the sand.

I grieved bitterly for my husband who died at 53, 20 years ago, but I drove a car, I could write a cheque and check the statements, and wire a plug, you just have to ****** get on with it - or end up in a psychiatric ward pill popping.

I saw this yellow top. It hurt my eyes. It looked an acid lemon to me, colour was awful. Why the exposed shoulders and mega, puffy sleeves? Tha top was just way OTT for anything sensible workwise.

I don't understand any of her clothes. This yellow thing is at a new level of "What on earth" level.
I too have wondered many times why she wears off the shoulder or off one shoulder tops and dresses:oops:

Someone at sometime, long ago, must have told her she has good shoulders and clavicles :rolleyes:

Glad I am not the only one who has the same opinion of her.

At least Anne Dawson does her job well.
Anne Dawson has had a marvellous improvement or make over in her dressing, hairstyle, make up and the way of presenting.
In fact, some years ago I started a thread here " Who Is The New Presenter in QVC " or something like that. It was such a noticeable transformation from her first dowdy appearance(y)
She looks good now, wears QVC clothes well and has a good laugh sometimes.👌

I had an unsettling incident with an elderly neighbour (a few houses away and she doesn’t bother with anyone as is never out in the garden or walking) on Monday evening. She is obviously suffering from dementia or Alzheimer’s but she came to our house in an awful state which took both of us and police to get her sorted. She couldn’t tell us who her relatives were or anything but we eventually contacted a niece .

It really unsettled me even all day yesterday as I realised that I might one day be in that position myself as we don’t have any family . It was really scary.

I couldn’t stay in our present house if I was on my own but hope that if I didn’t have this lady’s problems I would be more than capable- my only thing would be transport but there is always a taxi.

I agree LATI. Its just been me and the dog for the past 20 years. I have 2 younger brothers with families but they live miles away. Last summer when I woke at 7.30 am with chest pains was THE scariest time, and I had to call a friend locally who came immediately (it turned out to be a precursor to having my gall bladder removed).

Now in my 70's its something I'm constantly aware of, taking ill during the night, and getting my dog cared for, can be a real cause of anxiety. I keep saying I'll downsize and do have clear outs for the charity shop, and offloading 'stuff' that is pointless now. Photos of no value to anyone else have been ditched, and the amount of crockery I had was no ones' business !. It has to be done or its left to niece and nephews to deal with. Thing is, the enormity of moving with all it entails from the packing, to finding a new home, to getting a new dentist, a new car mechanic, etc etc is so overwhelming when there is only me to do it.

Back to the tea and cake.

When I was younger the thought of the big C as a way of ending my time was my biggest fear but experiencing this lady scared the pants off me.

Was quite shocked at Jill's performance onthe Kim TSV, she seemed very hyped up and rather silly throughout the show and did think her outfit, especially the white trousers, did nothing for her look. Then she thought a jumpsuit was a dress, does she not prepare for a show ? Maybe just me but will not watch her again as l found her very annoying and silly.
Jill has had health issues, not sure what, but her speech is always spurred. She’d be better off retiring, she could hardly speak when I watched her yesterday showcasing Lola Rose. She kept calling Anna Green, Anna Louise!

Some years ago I was disgusted with her when she kept calling the model by the wrong name “just because she looked like a xyz” and admitted she had been doing it for years and thought she was being very clever.

IMO deliberately not bothering to call someone by the correct name is the most disrespectful thing you could do - you are telling them you don’t think they are worth it.

I watched Jill yesterday sticking a hair remover up her nose,nothing wrong in that.
But the camera up close did her no favours at all,from a distance she looks younger than she really is.

Latest posts

Back