Jill Franks/Simon Brown

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Of course but for Anna mayb that was the final straw being put on air with that man , by the sounds of it shes doing incredibly well , so I doubt she has any regrets leaving Qvc at all.

It took me a while to get used to Anna; I don't think she is a natural shopping telly presenter. She comes across to me as being a more factually oriented individual, like myself, which is why I feel we would have a lot in common. This is intended as a complement; I feel that a more 'serious' platform, which has some relevance would allow her to exploit her knowledge and continually absorb facts. Whilst Debs Flint is also a well educated intellectual lady, she is happy to do her job, and fulfil her thirst for knowledge in her own time. Anna wlll, I feel, prosper in a more 'using your brain' kind of profession. Anyone who subscribes to WOD, is ok with me. Thought I was the only saddo out there.

Christmas tat it is then!

Oh, I dunno. You could sell me bags, clothes, bedding and kitchen stuff, hubby his IT and garden gadgets, etc. Personally I'd put you in the "highly employable" category so see you at the next round of interviews!

It was said on Fb yesterday than Anna Cookson left Qvc because she refused to work with Basso, im sure there was more to it than just that , but if that is true Well Done Anna :mysmilie_3:

I wonder in all the training they had (I recall one of the newbies saying they had to spend time knowing the brands) she wasn't aware of this. Personally I think the job just didn't pan out for lots of reasons and this has become a convenient spin for her.

Maybe I didn't watch enough of her but she certainly didn't stun me with her intelligence, I thought she was a bit thick actually.

I thought she was pretty thick too. All that fuss about using long words and then getting the meaning wrong, yawn!

I don't think she was thick. I just don't think she was suited to spouting absolute, inane garbage and misleading people! I couldn't do it for all the tea in China. She seems more at home discussing more intelligent/real life matter and I hope she is happy in her new job. I loved how she tried to use long words, it was her way of saying "I don't belong here"!! I don't think the DB issue was the cause of her leaving for one second. She may have felt uneasy about it, but I don't think it was 'the' final factor.

Christmas tat it is then!

Oh, I dunno. You could sell me bags, clothes, bedding and kitchen stuff, hubby his IT and garden gadgets, etc. Personally I'd put you in the "highly employable" category so see you at the next round of interviews!

Do I have to talk about a pencil for 20 minutes? :mysmilie_11:

Nah. We've moved on from pencils to styluses (stili?) for a notional one minute - without deviation, hesitation or repetition, seeing as how your interview is a simple rubber-stamping exercise. Anything JF et al can do ...

OK, ten seconds then ...

You will be ok - don't forget all the amazzzzing's, couldn't live with outs, wrong sizes and colours and the time will have passed like a flash and the job's yours for the taking.

Mind you, after 2 weeks in the job we will all hate you and post on this forum about you but you will be laughing all the way to your second home in the sun where you write your great "novels"

I do think that Jill was acting in an inappropriate manner to spit food out on live television, however, perhaps she has a serious allergy, I don't know! I am allergic (seriously) to Aspartame, an artificial sweetener, often plugged as Neutra Sweet, I have spat this out discreetly when I tasted it in a glass of Coke which was meant to be regular and not diet. My body can't metabolise the type of alcohol in artificial sweetener but can, in moderation with normal alcohol. It is chemistry and depends if the alcohol breaks down into Methanol or Methanal.

The alcohol in cosmetics and medicines is usually denatured, antiseptic swabs, mouthwash and many others are not. It is a case of reading the labels. I don't need alcohol to have fun but am not adverse to drinking it if I feel inclined.

I love animals and find the whole cruelty issue very distasteful. However, I am a nurse and I know that what I deal with every day has almost certainly is, or at some time been tested on animals. I have to deal with my conscience and have concluded that my patients needs are primary, though it saddens me that relief of humans means suffering to other animals.

I can't abide Dennis Basso due to his fur trade connections but understand that Julia et al are not paid to judge and have a job to do. I work on occasions with people I heartily dislike but I have to get on with it because that is what I am contracted to do and I am not allowed to let my personal views impede my ability / willingness to do my job properly.

This is a very interesting thread, both on and off topic and I have enjoyed reading everyone's comments, whether I agree with some or not.

Inge

Latest posts

Back