Jill Franks

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

She could start her own line of jewellery. 'Frankly yours'.Tiny bulldog clip pendant on chain(plated base metal).Also bracelet and earrings to match.Possibly with glass 'diamonds'.Best seller for fans. !!

She could start her own line of jewellery. 'Frankly yours'.Tiny bulldog clip pendant on chain(plated base metal).Also bracelet and earrings to match.Possibly with glass 'diamonds'.Best seller for fans. !!
something like this maybe necklace.jpg

I can't help but recall all the times I have seen JF sniggering & tittering into her earpiece as she & whichever childish little turnip was on the other end shared some little private joke, not infrequently at some poor guest's expense! We've even had her caught on camera I seem to recall, making stupid gestures in mockery of some unfortunate guest!

So no, I have no sympathy for her at all.......JF, you're a silly, childish, thick as a plank, fibbing, spiteful twit, you're not remotely stylish or envy inducing & yes, you do look like Iggy Pop!

:mysmilie_849:

Wow, harsh!
But I was agreeing that the cruel comments about her appearance would hurt Jill. I'm not defending her as a presenter and find her intensely irritating on air, but I do feel sorry for her having to read comparisons to Iggy Pop etc. I know she could probably control (put on) weight (assuming she doesn't have an eating disorder of some kind) but in general we can't control our features etc.

One thing I find interesting is that Jilly's appearance never tends to be critisied at all but she often looks scruffy and neve changes her long, lank hair, but is on the bigger side whereas Jill gets mauled! I think it's probably because people are influenced by how they feel about the presenters' personalities? Mind you Jill - like them all - does my head in quite regularly ;)

The woman couldn't lie sraight in bed...

Maybe she forgot to take the bulldog clip off...

OH asked if she ever wore anything other than a one-shouldered top. Can't believe I missed the polo show. He wouldn't have believed it!

I also mentioned the Iggy Pop lookalike comments and he agreed - cruel, but true. Every time I see her I keep wondering about her sense of "style" as she seems to have got stuck in a variety of fashions over the years. The ironed to an inch of her life hair, the refusal to leave the nude nail trend behind (adds to the claw look, maybe?), the one-shoulder tops (I'm surprised she hasn't tried this year's cold shoulder yet), and the bushy eyebrows (is she friendly with the Revitalash woman?). I imagine if she mat a Q viewer looking like she does, she'd have a good old snigger.

She really does need a stylist to get her out of her rut. But NOT a Q one!

I saw her the other day an agree she is giving Iggy Pop a run for his money. I don't actually mind Jill, she doesn't annoy me like she does some people but she really does need a style overhaul. Her hair doesn't flatter her any more, it just looks thin and straggly. I don't know why they ever get her presenting fashion when nothing ever fits her properly and she has to use them stupid bulldog clips.

Ah Jill Franks. Haven't seen her live in years - the reason the channel changer was invented. She has saved me an absolute fortune!

The 2 things I cannot understand about JF are : 1) as has already been mentioned on here, why isn't there someone in the background at Q who can be honest with the presenters about their clothes/hair, etc., preferably before they go on-air? 2) Jill should be very media-savvy by now, and must watch some re-runs of her own shows occasionally. If other people can see that the clothes she's wearing are pulled back with clips, then surely she can see it? And how she doesn't 'twig' that her hair looks lifeless and limp, and that the style does her long, thin face no favours, I cannot work out. She's full of advice about appearance, hair care, etc. - pity she doesn't put some of it into practice herself, as her look is ageing and unflattering. A decent hairstyle would take years off her.

Or the skin care ranges, or the hair product shows, because they clearly don't work on her. I'm not sure what 'look' she is trying to achieve with the straight hair, and unruly side fringe that she continually has to push back behind her ear, but the style simply doesn't suit her ageing face. Sadly everything is 'faux' with her, all the faux gushing of every product she presents, all the faux 'I'm so useless' act when home gadgets are on air, everyone is 'gorgeous or lovely' when referring to them, and the constant glancing at the monitor is a severe irritation.

well you see, its like this, She already thinks that she's perfect so when she looks in the mirror or at reruns she just does not see what we see, we see Iggy Pop, she sees perfection personified....

Everyone see things differently. Once I was lambasted for saying JF had lank hair as it was thought that her hair was glossy and healthy!

Everyone see things differently. Once I was lambasted for saying JF had lank hair as it was thought that her hair was glossy and healthy!

Good grief - in what world is her hair not lank?! But then if you're on 500KCal a day, then your energy intake tend to be focussed on just staying alive rather than glossy hair and nails.

The 2 things I cannot understand about JF are : 1) as has already been mentioned on here, why isn't there someone in the background at Q who can be honest with the presenters about their clothes/hair, etc., preferably before they go on-air? 2) Jill should be very media-savvy by now, and must watch some re-runs of her own shows occasionally. If other people can see that the clothes she's wearing are pulled back with clips, then surely she can see it? And how she doesn't 'twig' that her hair looks lifeless and limp, and that the style does her long, thin face no favours, I cannot work out. She's full of advice about appearance, hair care, etc. - pity she doesn't put some of it into practice herself, as her look is ageing and unflattering. A decent hairstyle would take years off her.

I caught a bit of the last Philip Kingsley hour and she was going on about how good the elasticizer was, and she'd just come back off holiday and people were asking her was she used because her hair looked soft and luxurious. :mysmilie_13: More like limp and scraggly in need of a good cut.

What really does my head in though is the nail polish, how can you keep the same colour all the time, I get fed up after a couple of days and have to change colour. Last week Jackie Kabler said that JF even have paint made in the colour.

Last edited:
Anyone cutting calories to this extent, who has not been told to do so by a medical professional, must have a death wish. Not only irresponsible but dangerous in the long-term.

Good grief - in what world is her hair not lank?! But then if you're on 500KCal a day, then your energy intake tend to be focussed on just staying alive rather than glossy hair and nails.

I think you are so right about her often looking really scruffy on-air - and as I've said before, I cannot understand for the life of me why she doesn't realise this herself, she's in the media for heaven's sake, and should realise how people judge on appearances in that world. Personally, I cannot take seriously a presenter who is pontificating advice about clothes, hair, makeup and beauty tips on screen when they themselves look as though they've spent the night in a haystack.

Wow, harsh
But I was agreeing that the cruel comments about her appearance would hurt Jill. I'm not defending her as a presenter and find her intensely irritating on air, but I do feel sorry for her having to read comparisons to Iggy Pop etc. I know she could probably control (put on) weight (assuming she doesn't have an eating disorder of some kind) but in general we can't control our features etc.

One thing I find interesting is that Jilly's appearance never tends to be critisied at all but she often looks scruffy and neve changes her long, lank hair, but is on the bigger side whereas Jill gets mauled! I think it's probably because people are influenced by how they feel about the presenters' personalities? Mind you Jill - like them all - does my head in quite regularly ;)

The thing is that IF she is starving herself to be thin, it will (eventually) catch up with her as she gets older. It is totally unhealthy to starve yourself, unless you have been instructed to do so by a medic. Generally speaking, your body will take revenge on you at some point.

She dresses like she does to show off how slim (thin) she is.
She wears her thinness as a badge of honour, and thinks it makes her look fit and healthy. I think she probably looks down on anyone who carries a bit of weight, hence the showing off 'look at me I'm so slim and you are not' vibe she puts across.

This is so true. If a presenter gives an honest opinion, I would be more likely to trust them next time, whereas all this constant claptrap superlatives about how WONDERFUL everything, and how it suits just EVERYONE, just seems dishonest. What a pity that they can't realise this - I fully appreciate they are there to sell, but they shouldn't over-egg everything.

The top in question was not meant to be figure hugging. It wasn't baggy but had a bit of movement to it. I don't get why Jill couldn't have worn it as intended. It makes me wonder whether she has a distorted perception of her image and thinks herself thinner than she is(!) or whether she just fancied improving on Kim's design. It is utterly confusing for the viewer and not fair to Kim. Just wear the blimming clothes and give us the details. If the smallest size is really too big then we should see that for ourselves and save super slim customers from having to return the item. It's actually good selly telly to be honest and say that something might not be right for certain shapes or sizes. All the nonsense they spout is exhausting and ludicrous.

She dresses like she does to show off how slim (thin) she is.
She wears her thinness as a badge of honour, and thinks it makes her look fit and healthy. I think she probably looks down on anyone who carries a bit of weight, hence the showing off 'look at me I'm so slim and you are not' vibe she puts across.

In my neck of the woods in London that level of thin is indeed a badge of honour - in fact it's almost mandatory in certain circles. It says "I am In Control" and "I Have Discipline" to the people who strive to attain it. I suppose it's not that much different to people wanting to be fat in the C17th because that indicated a surfeit of food and, therefore, wealth.

I caught a bit of the last Philip Kingsley hour and she was going on about how good the elasticizer was, and she'd just come back off holiday and people were asking her was she used because her hair looked soft and luxurious. :mysmilie_13: More like limp and scraggly in need of a good cut.

What really does my head in though is the nail polish, how can you keep the same colour all the time, I get fed up after a couple of days and have to change colour. Last week Jackie Kabler said that JF even have paint made in the colour.

I agree, it seems people presenting hair products look like they've got rats tails (sorry, no offence to the rats) lanky, tatty, problematic hair, people presenting clothing ranges have no sense of style, people presenting skin care have burnt, lined awful skin, people presenting food items look like they'd sooner chew their own arm off than eat any for fear of putting a pound on etc etc. Quite funny and a touch ironic when you think about it.

Thinking about Jill's hair she wouldn't suit it short as her face is too long and thin nor would she suit it in an updo. She probably feels that the long lank look is the only option for her and her girlfriends probably think she looks amazing, devine, to die for, just use any one of her favourite adjectives.

Latest posts

Back