Jill Franks

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes of course it’s none of anyone’s business, but, and it’s a big but, QVC presenters draw a certain type of customer in with their sharing of their life, family, loves, almost making them their “friend” by the detestable Twitter and repulsive Facebook, you can’t pick and choose when you want to be in the public eye, but these people be it lonely or gullible, who think they’re QVCs best friend and of course a friend wants to know if their friend is unwell. QVC like you to think of yourself as family with their blogs etc (which I would never read if you gave me the next three winning lottery tickets) so yes it’s none of our business but no one should shoot someone down for asking, even caring. Me, I don’t really care one way or another if Jill Franks returns to QVC, but I certainly wouldn’t wish anyone ill health.

To be fair to Jill, she has never promoted her blogs or social media. It's one of the most likeable things about her, along with her passion for bulldogs.

Nobody, even if the whole schtick is "family" should be forced into revealing such personal and vulnerable information.

If it came over that I was shooting someone down, I apologise, but I stand by my view that it's not any of our business.

To be fair to Jill, she has never promoted her blogs or social media. It's one of the most likeable things about her, along with her passion for bulldogs.

Nobody, even if the whole schtick is "family" should be forced into revealing such personal and vulnerable information.

If it came over that I was shooting someone down, I apologise, but I stand by my view that it's not any of our business.

Yes Jill is quite private, I’ve only heard her talk about her husband, her dog and her girlfriends. When I said QVC and the presenters drawing you in, I meant collectively, it’s the image QVC want to portray that all things QVC are your friend. No I didn’t mean you shooting someone down, I meant in general. I agree it’s no ones business wether any thing is wrong with JF but when you put it in to context about Alex Kramer putting her poorly daughters picture in her blog, then getting you to buy several QVC items she used on poorly daughter, do you get where I’m coming from? I know that’s not JF but like I said, it’s QVC doing it’s thing. I’m not particularly interested in any presenter or Jill Franks, I’ve never, ever read a blog/Tweet/Facebook comment but like I said I would never wish ill health on anyone. :mysmilie_3:

It would be nice to think that those who have asked about Jill on the fb page, as people did last year about Miceal, are doing it out of concern & not because they feel they have the right to know. Ali Keenan & Julia Roberts have both been very open about their illnesses & Claire Sutton has been the same regarding her older son who has additional needs. This level of sharing may reassure others in a similar situation, the downside is that it can give the impression that everyone's prepared to do the same, sometimes "It's good to talk" is the last thing you want to do.

Oh Christ, I wish I hadn't opened my mouth now, and if I'm honest I couldn't give a monkeys whether any of the presenters are off sick, got the sack or on extended holiday. They're neither friends nor family, I only mentioned her writing on her blog because so many were 'wondering' what the problem was, and certainly not for my benefit.

QVC have answered on their Facebook page.

Jill is taking some time out of QVC at present – she wishes for the reason to remain private. Rebecca x

Thanks Donna, it could be one of three things, divorce, illness or bereavement and none of those things could you keep a smile fixed on your face for sixty minutes for. JF in my opinion is better than any of the Bid Tv intakes, goodness, there’s a sentence I never thought I’d hear myself say. Hope she recovers from whatever it is soon.

Jill is taking some time out of QVC at present – she wishes for the reason to remain private. Rebecca x

I both respect and throughly personally understand Jill making the right comment for herself and keeping her business private. We all don’t want to share everything all of the time and deal with stuff as we feel is best for us. Also problems/circumstances change, we all know investigations/illness can take many twist and turns. To have to explain and account to everyone all of the time is not on in my opinion.

But also in my opinion is the heck of DF being an announcer for Q saying that Jill is on long term sick due to voice problems, disgusting and out of order unless personally instructed by Jill or someone on her behalf.

It is her business and her business alone plus whatever she has arranged with QVC.She has not been my favourite presenter over the years but I do wish her well.

I've just seen Rebecca's reply on FB, and hopefully people will stop asking where Jill is (although from some of the repetitive questions people ask, that's unlikely.)

And I quite agree .... the reason that Jill is absent is nobody's business but hers.

And I will add that, in my opinion, Jill wishing to keep her business private is a refreshing change to others who regale us with every (boring) finite detail about their children, grandchildren, the food they eat, diet fads, retreats and weddings etc., etc.

And I will add that, in my opinion, Jill wishing to keep her business private is a refreshing change to others who regale us with every (boring) finite detail about their children, grandchildren, the food they eat, diet fads, retreats and weddings etc., etc.

And the fact that their boyfriend's mum is overweight :mysmilie_13::mysmilie_13:

CC

And the fact that their boyfriend's mum is overweight :mysmilie_13::mysmilie_13:

CC

Yes not only overweight but she is/was due surgery and her surgeon had told her to loose weight.
Boyfriend was considering buying as his first purchase the Fit Bit TSV in order to help her loose the weight.
Only he mustn’t have as his first purchase has since been mentioned and that was not it.

I bet Chuntley wish she’d have done the same thing and kept her gob shut. The bits I seen this morning she didn’t once mention being a “vegan” or her “veganism” the bit I seen this morning had a banner on the bottom about Chuntleys blog with a caption “nuts about almonds” and a picture of the L’Occitane TSV, I thought eh? L’Occitane test on animals and aren’t vegan, but I don’t think she’s ever really cared.

It was only a few years ago that Chuntley was talking on her Twitter account about her bowel movements!

Over the years she’s talked on air about yes her bowel movements, her boobs, and.........I’m trying to think of a subtle way to say this..........her lady garden. I’m surprised she didn’t get Claire Sutton’s landscape gardener husband to sort her bush out, she does love to flirt with married men.

What a lot of old shite!

Forward and direct SB, love it! :mysmilie_19:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t think it’s totally unreasonable for viewers to ask where Jill Franks is. Many of them watch QVC all day every day! and I’m sure are genuinely concerned about her.

All QVC had to do was agree with Jill what she wanted them to say and then put out a statement when the first enquiry was posted.

Well, I don't miss her at all, in the same way that I don't miss any of the regular shop assistants in my Co-op who decide to find new careers.

Over the years she’s talked on air about yes her bowel movements, her boobs, and.........I’m trying to think of a subtle way to say this..........her lady garden. I’m surprised she didn’t get Claire Sutton’s landscape gardener husband to sort her bush out, she does love to flirt with married men.

Forward and direct SB, love it! :mysmilie_19:

She’s taken to the younger offering if you recall Tommy the DIY guest who was nicely Not! reported to be in her bush and passage wasn’t it

Latest posts

Back