JM by Julien MMcDonald

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

JM by Julien MMcDonald

He is another can't watch, his voice does my head in....looks like I didn't miss much.....

Can JM command such high prices now he's joined the ranks of Quaker Factory, Michelle Hope and Artscape? How to lose all credibility in one easy step, sell out to a tv shopping channel

Ah but it's just a one off.A two hour cat walk show and that's it on Q, allegedly ! In other words he's doing us all a big favour and therefore won't be tainted by the come down of shopping telly.......

I don't understand why anyone would want to wash it, wear it out, then return it if they're not happy, you're actually paying a premium with QVC for that. When I buy an item of clothing (not from QVC) I try it on and if it doesn't fit, or doesn't suit I can tell instantly if I'm sending it back, I don't need to wash it and I certainly don't need thirty days, so in my own personal case, I would rather shop at other retailers who are cheaper because they're not charging me with a service that I don't use, or need.

TBH, I was trying to be sarcastic with the quote, it's one of their most common ones...I too know immediately if it's for me, as soon as I try it on and most certainly would not return after wearing just because its Q policy. The only way it would get returned would be if it developed a fault, but can honestly say I have not found the need to, because I buy so little from Q clothes wise, the fit is very hit and miss, the sizing all over the place and made for taller people not diddy people like me and wouldn't dream of spending such an amount on some of the brands on offer, no matter how good it is.

I spend more on beauty, mainly because of the value packs, if everything I need is in the pack and I always check the total cost including the P&P, otherwise I shop around for discounts elsewhere with free P&P, makes more sense really. However, I do not agree with products being returned then sent out again to different customers, they should be put into their outlet stores at a vast discount and if people want to buy them fair enough, its their choice and not forced upon them.

I agree about the returns, before I decided to close my QVC account, one of the deciding factors was four out of the last five things I ever ordered were visible returns, and on top of the expensive p&p and the fact I could have bought them elsewhere cheaper, the sneaky bar stewards were expecting me to pay full price for second hand/used goods, so I closed my account and never looked back.

Well done shopperholic, doubt it will be too long before many go down that route, me included...I know I don't watch as much as I used to and only catch things when flicking channels. I do agree about paying full price for returned goods, they are second hand, no way round it!

I`ve never watched a show either where so much was said about the label every couple of minutes !! If anyone finds JF irritating normally she surely would have in that 2 hour stint .... do you actually wear a label and does it matter ?

Any clothing I've returned which is quite a lot, I've never worn it out or washed it.I don't remove the labels and pack it up as near as possible as when I received it. I know what is going to suit me.

I bought the recent Diane Gilman TSV which I didn't like and intended to return,but having laid them on the chair in bedroom I got distracted and my ginger cat found a very nice place to sleep. The jeans now have hair on them but I can't wash and return ,it wouldn't seem right so I'm stuck with them.Another item for charity probably.

Last edited:
I've seen his brand of handbags in Debenhams (I love my handbags!) , but was not all that impressed by the couple of items of clothes that I saw. I thought one of the tops looked frumpy and old fashioned which is not how I expected his clothes to be.

If truth be told, I bet a fiver he doesn't 'design' them himself ! Why should he waste the time? if he gets megabucks from his endless c'leb friends for his 'proper' creations, the Q range is probably outsourced for designs, and old "do you know what" signs them off, and takes centre stage plus a cut !

I reckon Kelly Hoppen is the same, cos half the time she hasn't a clue what the designs or colours are called !

I prefer to eat hotdogs, not wear them - it's vile!

And the price!!! Outrageous.

M&S have some nice necklaces for less than £20. I also liked a hard wire necklace that had an understated glitter covering it in Boots sale for £3.00 and it has an extender and looks lovely. OK might not look good for long but not too bothered.

I looked on the website and thought one of the dresses looked like cheap and badly made!

JF kept repeating its a one off show so Q customers are very lucky to be able to buy into his designs. Wonder if it really is or if they'll announce its so successful he'll be back with more shows.

I also switched over to Emmerdale which seemed preferable to another hour of JF nagging us to check out your basket .

I liked the dress JF was wearing .

I get embarrassed when JF in this mode of " oh, my God, we are talking about Julien Macdonald's design"
" Hello, we are talking about Julien Macdonald designer pieces" and her gasping and sounding so astonished that we are so lucky to "get the so wonderful DESIGNER clothes "

Other than the one she was wearing (which I quite liked ) the JM clothes were no different from most of the other labels. He may be a designer , but we are talking about his clothes sold in QVC in hundreds, specially made for the Q not the exclusive designs.

So, JF, we are on a shopping channel not in an exclusive boutique in the 5th Avenue. He is only selling clothes made of cheap materials made in hundreds and he is already charging huge prices for them.

We are not the lucky ones, it is Julien Macdonald who is the lucky one, who is able to sell a huge number of cheap clothes (riding on his "designer" status. ) on the Q, , getting huge profits!!

If we wear clothes, others will notice their style, cut, and the workmanship and how good we look in them.........they do not notice the "designer" label first.

I also dislike the way some presenters say " in such and such shop, there will be another zero at the end / or 1 in front" oh, come on, presenter, no wonder these so called designers bring these so called designer clothes (in cheap materials ) in the stupidly high prices , to be sold in a shopping channel!!

Ah but it's just a one off.A two hour cat walk show and that's it on Q, allegedly ! In other words he's doing us all a big favour and therefore won't be tainted by the come down of shopping telly.......

He has been on Q before, so I was surprised to hear of "the one off" Does that mean he would not come back again?

TBH, I was trying to be sarcastic with the quote, it's one of their most common ones...I too know immediately if it's for me, as soon as I try it on and most certainly would not return after wearing just because its Q policy. The only way it would get returned would be if it developed a fault, but can honestly say I have not found the need to, because I buy so little from Q clothes wise, the fit is very hit and miss, the sizing all over the place and made for taller people not diddy people like me and wouldn't dream of spending such an amount on some of the brands on offer, no matter how good it is.

I spend more on beauty, mainly because of the value packs, if everything I need is in the pack and I always check the total cost including the P&P, otherwise I shop around for discounts elsewhere with free P&P, makes more sense really. However, I do not agree with products being returned then sent out again to different customers, they should be put into their outlet stores at a vast discount and if people want to buy them fair enough, its their choice and not forced upon them.

I have been sent used items a few items we not need a detective to confirm that they have been worn before...the customer service people always sound very surprised when we tell them, and say that the QVC does not send out used items (secounds).

He kept on and on and on about getting it the next day for ONLY £2 but JF had to keep saying (softly and quickly mind you) that it was an EXTRA £2 but it never seemed to register with him. Not surprised really as I don't imagine the man has ever had anything delivered in his life.

Latest posts

Back