JR Daughter

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tbh Loveheart I think it's because so many people dislike JR now and the backlash spills over.

I take on board what you're saying Nicky-j. Maybe I am being unfair but I am a cynic and have seen all too often if you want to progress in any business it's a case of... it's not what you know it's who you know that gets a person into a good job and they are not always the best person for that job.

I actually like JR as a presenter, she is clear, demonstrates well and her experience shows, I've always stated that I like JR on the numerous 'get yer hair cut' threads, I also think her hair is lovely. I just disagree with her promotion of Sophie.

I agree. I wonder if it was another presenter ( and there could well be others ) would the comments be so horrible.
Maybe not, as no other presenter comes over as such a pushy show-off like JR does.

I take on board what you're saying Nicky-j. Maybe I am being unfair but I am a cynic and have seen all too often if you want to progress in any business it's a case of... it's not what you know it's who you know that gets a person into a good job and they are not always the best person for that job.

I know that can be the case, so if you've experienced the wrong side of that I can understand why you might be cynical. But it can also work against the person employed because they have to be ten times better than anyone else in case colleagues think they were given an unfair chance. But I do get why people might be cynical.

Who gives a toss? It is a dog-eat-dog world out there; it's always been, since the beginning of mankind, and always will. It is who you know, not what you know that mostly, not always, matters. We have all benefited from and harmed by it. No one likes it. So, get over it. Some posts suggest that Julia is targeted, because she is not liked. If that's the case, what does that make you, if not downright bullies?

I agree that you should make use of your contacts to get a job and if your contact happens to be your mum then that is ok. It is good for them and for the employer who knows and respects the current employee, who is recommending the relative, and feels reassured in employing the relative. It is a symbiotic arrangement and widely used throughout employment. Good for them - I wish my mother had a glamourous employer that probably pays loads.

Who gives a toss? It is a dog-eat-dog world out there; it's always been, since the beginning of mankind, and always will. It is who you know, not what you know that mostly, not always, matters. We have all benefited from and harmed by it. No one likes it. So, get over it. Some posts suggest that Julia is targeted, because she is not liked. If that's the case, what does that make you, if not downright bullies?
Disliking someone is not bullying WS, please explain that reasoning.

Disliking someone is not bullying WS, please explain that reasoning.

The consistent 'targeting' of an individual, the source of which is found in the real dislike of that individual. For the avoidance of any doubt, I did not have you in mind at any point, PPC. You always speak your mind; never 'target'.
The consistent targeting of 'Julia + any topic' often reaches 'psychosis' and tells more about those involved than Julia.

Hi If julia didn't shoove sophie's name down our throats whilst she is on air then none of this would be on a thread cus this started when julia was asking for votes for the heroes calendar, I understand that julia wants the best for her daughter, and working for QVC is furthering her career, and as previous people have said they wouldn't keep her if she was no good all this is true, but do we really need to hear about her daughter as much, QVC is in the business of selling items, not keeping us updated in her daughters career, if all the presenters did the same, there wouldn't be much selling and QVC would quickly go down the pan!!!!!

I think her daughter was in need of a job PDQ.
The girl band was hardly a roaring success was it?
The Spice Girls can still sleep soundly at nights!

Hi If julia didn't shoove sophie's name down our throats whilst she is on air then none of this would be on a thread cus this started when julia was asking for votes for the heroes calendar, I understand that julia wants the best for her daughter, and working for QVC is furthering her career, and as previous people have said they wouldn't keep her if she was no good all this is true, but do we really need to hear about her daughter as much, QVC is in the business of selling items, not keeping us updated in her daughters career, if all the presenters did the same, there wouldn't be much selling and QVC would quickly go down the pan!!!!!

I thought it was fine that Julia asked for support for Sophie for that calendar in her blog. The presenters' blogs are a bit more personal - Craig writes about his friends, for example.
IMHO on-air presentations would be a bit dry (and a bit too full-on) if presenters were not allowed to mention anything other than the merits of the item concerned. They would be like live-action catalogues! I enjoy it when presenters chat (although I know that some people on the forum don't).

I thought it was fine that Julia asked for support for Sophie for that calendar in her blog. The presenters' blogs are a bit more personal - Craig writes about his friends, for example.
IMHO on-air presentations would be a bit dry (and a bit too full-on) if presenters were not allowed to mention anything other than the merits of the item concerned. They would be like live-action catalogues! I enjoy it when presenters chat (although I know that some people on the forum don't).

Well I didn't think it was fine that Julia used the media/website of QVC to ask for votes for Sophie, but that's another thread.

To be honest, which of the presenters do you know that promotes their family as much as JR does - c'mon - be honest here. NONE. They all do talk about their families, pets etc but never as much as JR and I think that's what irritates people. Anyway, can we talk about somat else now please

Anyway, each to his own, as I run for cover :grin:

Last edited:
I'm guessing that as JR owns her own production company, and that Sophie is working for QVC as a freelance production Assistant, then maybe Julia is her boss?

Which is how the majority of television people work. They just about get a fixed fee for doing the work and all the costs come out of that fee. That and its a tax friendly situation for all involved as you are paying a fixed price for a service by a contractor.

Latest posts

Back