JR has slimmed to a 12??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

First of all I just want to say that I thought Julia Roberts looked lovely last night. The purple dress suited her colour wise and her hair and make-up were the best I have seen for ages. It is clear that she has lost weight and frankly I think that she probably is a size 12. I have a 36DD bust and always find that a 12 (or the european equivalent) fits me with no difficulty at all because all of my bulk is at the front. Julia doesn't have a fat\big bottom and her hips and legs are slim, it is her middle section that causes the problems; the typical, and dreaded, middle age spread. She is also quite short waisted so that, along with the spread, looks bulky.
I don't always like what she wears (I hate those smocky things and the flip flops) and she can, like all of us, look less polished at times but when she looks good she looks really good.
She gets a lot of stick from people here but I like her and find that she is entertaining and good at what she does. Her "foilbles", that is the things that she is so often criticised for, are the thngs that make her watchable and ultimately, human.

I remember seeing pics of her on her blog wearing an orange satin halter neck dress at the butler and wilson big party.

Sounds a horrible dress - but she looked lovely in it - really suited her colouring.

I agree when she looks good,she looks really good!

I remember seeing pics of her on her blog wearing an orange satin halter neck dress at the butler and wilson big party.

Sounds a horrible dress - but she looked lovely in it - really suited her colouring.

I agree when she looks good,she looks really good!

I remember that dress! She looked beautiful in it. It was more peachy\coral than orange I would say and it was gorgeous.

I thought she looked certainly no more than a 12, her legs are really skinny and if tv puts pounds on a person there's no way she's as big as forumites are saying:hi:

I am Julia's shape, also short waisted with a chest and quite a tummy and only 5 feet tall so every pound makes me look rounder. I thought she looked lovely in the purple dress, but the Maxi dress was awful on her, and the smocky one she wore next wasn't a good look. I'm around a size 14 (I'm not doing a Julia, sometimes I'm a 12 and sometimes a 16 in actual clothes sizes but 14 is usually about right these days). I have that dress in black and it really suits my shape too. I never wear smocks or long flowing garments because they make me look like a peg doll, or pregnant. I neither know nor care what size she is, but I do wish she would wear clothes that suit her. Surely she has access to stylists - not Glenn, I hasten to add - or maybe she genuinely feels she has no need of them.
I dress to minimise my shape and know what I can and can't wear. As teenagers most of us wear things because we like them or because they are high fashion. As we get older, we learn to dress to our shape. To me, she has never acquired an awareness of this.

I am Julia's shape, also short waisted with a chest and quite a tummy and only 5 feet tall so every pound makes me look rounder.

This is my shape as well Artemis however I'm now a size 16 on top (bought new jacket today in this size - yay!) and maybe a little less on the bottom as my size 16 jeans are feeling baggy.

I really liked that first dress JR wore and was thinking of buying it myself but I did not think she looked brilliant in it and thought she looked awful in the second green multi dress (thought it was too long for her). Do agree with others though that when she gets it right she does look gorgeous.

I was impressed actually that today in Debenhams I sawthe ruffle dress cut on the diagonal there although in a light pink colour. QVC must be on trend after all yes?

OK donning my flame proof coat BUT.... why is her size an issue? TV puts on weight.

So much debate about whether she is or is not a 12 and whether she's fibbing! It's enough to give someone a complex!!

Dashing out the door quickly!! :mysmilie_857:

Her size is not an issue, her fibbing about it when she's hocking "fashion" is. If she is deluding herself as she gives the impression of then that combined with some other unpleasant traits of hers that manifest themselves is just too much temptation, comments will be made.

OK donning my flame proof coat BUT.... why is her size an issue? TV puts on weight.

So much debate about whether she is or is not a 12 and whether she's fibbing! It's enough to give someone a complex!!

Dashing out the door quickly!! :mysmilie_857:

I don't think JR is the complex type!:rock:

I don't think JR is the complex type!:rock:

but she has a lovley complexion! seriously tho her skin is great and as for her size, well it only matters in relation to what she is selling as i find it confusing when she says she is a 12 as I am a 14 and I am way slimmer than her. Anyway do not buy clothes from QVC as the sizes and the quality are so variable plus the "fashion" is rather an absent quality.

I was impressed actually that today in Debenhams I sawthe ruffle dress cut on the diagonal there although in a light pink colour. QVC must be on trend after all yes?

And I saw a yellow ruffle dress (not on the diagonal though) in H&M!

Which part of her is a size 12 best laugh iv'e heard in ages. anyone see her in a pilaties show this morning she had quite a few love handles going on.

Latest posts

Back