Julia Roberts

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

it must be horrible being on TV and have people discuss everything about you. You put weight on, which most of us do as we get older, you say something some people feel is out of order, you change your hair colour/style, you look a bit peaky.......
I am so glad I do not have a job like that

Hi all

I am the same age as JR
I noticed JR weigth gain and thought well, I am not alone! I am going through my change and my weight has gone up by 28lbs in about 6 months.
I am lucky that I am not on TV otherwise I would look like a lumpy bag of coal

Sapphireblue

I realise that JR isn't that popular on here and YES, she is very full of herself. She is the type of personality we would all like to see fall flat on her face whist demonstrating those shoe spikes on a block of ice, or any blooper, but why raise a point of her looking porky?? I must admit those hattie jacques smocks arent very flattering...
sykes_1_396x222.jpg

I guess this porky thread is the ultimate kick in the teeth for her who once crowned herself 'miss pilates' Maybe she will read this thread and she might say "I'll show those saddos in ST forum" and in 12 months time we will all be bitching about skinny she looks LOLL:sleepy:

JR certainly isn't my favourite presenter, but one cannot fault her re her professionalism. There is absolutely no way I would take any pleasure in seeing her fall flat on her face. Taking into account her admirable capabilities, this is definitely not likely to happen.

Hi all

I am the same age as JR
I noticed JR weigth gain and thought well, I am not alone! I am going through my change and my weight has gone up by 28lbs in about 6 months.
I am lucky that I am not on TV otherwise I would look like a lumpy bag of coal

Sapphireblue

Oh bless! I am sure you look lovely SB

Julia is a very attractive woman and a professional presenter. She looks good for her age and has enviable hair and toned arms and legs. However, I find her hard to warm to because she does go on and on about herself. I'm really not that interested in how small her feet are, what colour she likes or what size she wears. She tosses her hair about, flirts in a cringeworthy way, always making sure she is the centre of attention and is quite mean to the models and guests. She likes scoring points. I prefer to watch other presenters eg Kathy Tayler, Alison Keenan, Debbie Greenwood or Jilly Halliday. They don't grate as much.

I'm 36 and a large 14.In coats and some shirts I buy a 16.I do identify with JR shape - as I think I'm quite similiar with my tummy being my biggest area and IMO,smaller legs and arms.The difference is I'm 5 7 whilst I'm led to believe she is shorter.

Now this is the bit I don't get.I'm not *ashamed* of my weight.I tell everyone what my size is - despite my SIL getting some enjoyment from it :( but I am what I am.Yes there are times and occassions I'd like to be smaller - I used to be - but hey,this is me today.

JR strikes me as a confident self assured woman.But is she? Why is she so insecure about this part of her life? Why is she so worried about "letting on" about her dress size?

I sometimes think if you were once very slim and very attractive,it must be hard to accept this has changed.From pics I've seen of JR and early clips of her on youtube - theres no denying she was very trim and very attractive - and maybe she just can't see/accept that times have changed.

My smallest i've ever been was a 12 - before I had children -and felt really great about my size.These days i'd love to buy a 14 and it fit really well and be slightly too big :) but everyone I know and work with are quite honest about their shape and size - and I can't help but feel its because we're confident with who we are.........feel a bit sorry for JR if she can't feel that herself

I admit the dress didn't do Julia any favours, but having said that... it didn't have me looking for the mute button or switching off. Julia hasn't got very good dress sense, but imho she is still QVC's best presenter.

I completely agree, she is very professional and informative. She is a bit of an odd shape with her big bust and short waist and the telly doesn't do her any favours. All she needs to do is look at play-backs of her shows to see which outfits suit and which are hideous and then dress accordingly .

Linda xx

I'm 36 and a large 14.In coats and some shirts I buy a 16.I do identify with JR shape - as I think I'm quite similiar with my tummy being my biggest area and IMO,smaller legs and arms.The difference is I'm 5 7 whilst I'm led to believe she is shorter.

Now this is the bit I don't get.I'm not *ashamed* of my weight.I tell everyone what my size is - despite my SIL getting some enjoyment from it :( but I am what I am.Yes there are times and occassions I'd like to be smaller - I used to be - but hey,this is me today.

JR strikes me as a confident self assured woman.But is she? Why is she so insecure about this part of her life? Why is she so worried about "letting on" about her dress size?

I sometimes think if you were once very slim and very attractive,it must be hard to accept this has changed.From pics I've seen of JR and early clips of her on youtube - theres no denying she was very trim and very attractive - and maybe she just can't see/accept that times have changed.

My smallest i've ever been was a 12 - before I had children -and felt really great about my size.These days i'd love to buy a 14 and it fit really well and be slightly too big :) but everyone I know and work with are quite honest about their shape and size - and I can't help but feel its because we're confident with who we are.........feel a bit sorry for JR if she can't feel that herself

ex dancer, ex gameshow totty. her entire career before Q was about tits, ass and a pretty face. that has to be hard to let go of for a woman of a certain age. thats probably what all the hair tossing and flirting is about too. its basically "am i still attractive to men?".

Not to muddy the waters, but Debbie Flint always admits to being 16-18 and I can't see that much difference in their sizes, just their overall proportions. I'd like to see them on screen together though.

DF isn't coy or economical with the truth about her size (unlike JR) and for that I admire her. She is also a completely different shape to JR and although she is possibly a big(ger) size she does have a curvy shape, whereas JR is all tits and belly perched on top of short legs which unfortunately gives her the classic Max Wall look.......:mysmilie_11:

Not to muddy the waters, but Debbie Flint always admits to being 16-18 and I can't see that much difference in their sizes, just their overall proportions. I'd like to see them on screen together though.

ooh I'm quite surprised by this, as DF doesn't look as big as an 18 to me even with the 10lb that the telly adds.

I would say her and Kathy Taylor are a 16 and JR a 14-16 (14 on the bottom as her legs are quite slim)

But think all 3 of them look good as long as they are wearing clothes that suit their figures, they all have pretty faces and don't look their ages IMO.

Latest posts

Back