Julia Roberts

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Facebook wars over the comment the dress did nothing for JR'S figure. It did not and if she is selling a dress then it's a fair comment.

As per usual it partialy rests in Liverpool's hands as not sending large enough sizes for their presenters to wear.
Julia always makes comments during shoe shows that there's never a shoe suitable in her size.
Goodness knows why they can't send correct sizes they seem to manage most of the time with ring sizes.

As re the tan could well be not all a suntan, Julia has access to make ups and fake tans.
She's always said she applies body makeup especially on her hands for jewellery shows.
I'm sure I recall her returning from holiday before and some of her tan wiped off during her first show back.

Secretly we all would like something nice said to us once in a while.
She is enjoying the comments re her tan, if that makes her feel good - then all well to her.

As per usual it partialy rests in Liverpool's hands as not sending large enough sizes for their presenters to wear.
Julia always makes comments during shoe shows that there's never a shoe suitable in her size.
Goodness knows why they can't send correct sizes they seem to manage most of the time with ring sizes.

As re the tan could well be not all a suntan, Julia has access to make ups and fake tans.
She's always said she applies body makeup especially on her hands for jewellery shows.
I'm sure I recall her returning from holiday before and some of her tan wiped off during her first show back.

Secretly we all would like something nice said to us once in a while.
She is enjoying the comments re her tan, if that makes her feel good - then all well to her.

The bit I caught yesterday, was her "hiding" from Alison Young, the resident sun hater, because she didn't want to told off by Alison Young for getting such a deep tan, and stating she did take "shade breaks" another thing AY demands people do, she preceded an Alison Young hour and shouted to her "Ali! I did take shade breaks!" AY replied, "really, I'd never have guessed! I'll stick to faux tan thank you" then went on to introduce James Read TSV. Also, you know it's a real tan as I can't recall JR ever going on air that dark, fake of otherwise........then again, who cares either way, each to their own I suppose. :mysmilie_3:

How childish to be " explaining herself " to AY ....I'd say " that's your business ...we know the dangers of too much sun so your choice love " .....

I'm with AY. But it is everybody's own choice ...I explained to our window cleaner ( great price bless him ) that if he doesn't wear a hat in the blazing son then he is opening himself up to skin cancer as I know two men who work on boats ... one for P&0 ferries and one just love boats as a hobby ....both had skin cancer on their heads ....he said " right I'm going to get a hat .."
if I can pass on words of wisdom to prevent cancer the. I go for it ...:mysmilie_59:

Not as chestnuty glowing in blog pics, plus the white neck stripe has been now been covered.

Last edited:
Apologising in an oblique way for her suntan, like getting one in the first place is Julia's choice.

As with the dress being too tight, or explaining not wearing a brand's shoes when presenting, joking that she is fishing for compliments, it shows that Julia takes comments seriously to heart; and takes her relationship with viewers seriously too. I am glad she does, as it reflects well on her professional standards.

She is not perfect, and is no longer one of my preferred presenters for a number of reasons, however if Julia is on, the show will normally be more good than bad.

The least QVC could do for her and other presenters is to make sure there is a suitably-sized choice of garments to wear for fashion shows. If you work in a clothes shop, you would be provided with your correct size, I believe. So why not at QVC??

Apologising in an oblique way for her suntan, like getting one in the first place is Julia's choice.

As with the dress being too tight, or explaining not wearing a brand's shoes when presenting, joking that she is fishing for compliments, it shows that Julia takes comments seriously to heart; and takes her relationship with viewers seriously too. I am glad she does, as it reflects well on her professional standards.

She is not perfect, and is no longer one of my preferred presenters for a number of reasons, however if Julia is on, the show will normally be more good than bad.

The least QVC could do for her and other presenters is to make sure there is a suitably-sized choice of garments to wear for fashion shows. If you work in a clothes shop, you would be provided with your correct size, I believe. So why not at QVC??

But as DF has said Liverpool send 10-12 for presenters to wear.
Why when there's a good few both smaller and larger in size, is a big puzzle.
As is when they are showing new brand Grace praising themselves they are catering up to size 32 don't show the clothes modelled larger than 16-18.

But as DF has said Liverpool send 10-12 for presenters to wear.
Why when there's a good few both smaller and larger in size, is a big puzzle.
As is when they are showing new brand Grace praising themselves they are catering up to size 32 don't show the clothes modelled larger than 16-18.

Debbie states what happens, but the point is that QVC need to rethink their rigid ways. As you say sending the narrow range of sizes doesn't cater for the various shapes and sizes of presenters. And as we have remarked on other threads they also serve the plus size models very badly too. Show us the models and presenters showing the clothes to their best advantage, please. I reckon they would sell more if they did. Fashion shows are more watchable for the comedy value of seeing people squeezed into ridiculous sizes.

Did you know JR has been with Q for 24 years !!!! she pushes that little message in quite frequently now. She's clearly going to be one of those ladies who will let you know that "I'm 70 next week" or "well I AM 75 you know". Funny how a woman likes to keep her age to herself, and then once old age sets in they tell you their age at every opportunity. Funny that.

How childish to be " explaining herself " to AY ....I'd say " that's your business ...we know the dangers of too much sun so your choice love " .....

I'm with AY. But it is everybody's own choice ...I explained to our window cleaner ( great price bless him ) that if he doesn't wear a hat in the blazing son then he is opening himself up to skin cancer as I know two men who work on boats ... one for P&0 ferries and one just love boats as a hobby ....both had skin cancer on their heads ....he said " right I'm going to get a hat .."
if I can pass on words of wisdom to prevent cancer the. I go for it ...:mysmilie_59:

And rodent ulcers should be treated promptly too!

Debbie states what happens, but the point is that QVC need to rethink their rigid ways. As you say sending the narrow range of sizes doesn't cater for the various shapes and sizes of presenters. And as we have remarked on other threads they also serve the plus size models very badly too. Show us the models and presenters showing the clothes to their best advantage, please. I reckon they would sell more if they did. Fashion shows are more watchable for the comedy value of seeing people squeezed into ridiculous sizes.

And DF always looks trussed up like a turkey and uncomfortable.

But it also shows that Vercella Vita is not worn no matter how much she waxes lyrical about the brand.

And DF always looks trussed up like a turkey and uncomfortable.

Debbie appears to worship at the shapewear altar, but only when wearing dresses. It may well be why she wears the Max Wall-esque leggings and tunic tops combos so much. Get the ladies in their correct dress size and dispense with the shapewear, please QVC.

those qvc cameras are lethal everyone looks several sizes smaller in real life even some of the models

Did you know JR has been with Q for 24 years !!!! she pushes that little message in quite frequently now. She's clearly going to be one of those ladies who will let you know that "I'm 70 next week" or "well I AM 75 you know". Funny how a woman likes to keep her age to herself, and then once old age sets in they tell you their age at every opportunity. Funny that.

JR is so transparent. She only does that so that people with respond by telling her she looks so much younger. Julia, please give it a rest.

those qvc cameras are lethal everyone looks several sizes smaller in real life even some of the models

I agree that people look bigger on television but if you compare Julia to the brand representative you can see she's several sizes bigger so definitely not a small. I admit the brand rep. is very slim and must look tiny real life.

julia and debbie flint are very short so the camera will be very hard on them. same with alison young. she's soon tiny very slim and petite but not so much on tv

Latest posts

Back