July 2015 Beauty Day

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Akimbo

Fluffy
Well I'm shocked that I couldn't see a Beauty Day thread and it's gone 6pm! Has anyone bought anything today? I ordered the TSV on auto delivery in Fair and I was umming and ahhing about the Flora Mare OTO http://www.qvcuk.com/Flora-Mara-3-P...html?sc=SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-29-_-209124 but then realised that the Tinted product was too dark for me and I'd previously ordered and returned one. It's similar to the Judith Williams Magic Make Up but gives a deeper more tanned finish than the JW one which works even on fair skin.

Anyone got any confessions? Say one Hail Mare and you'll be forgiven! :mysmilie_50:

bought the turbie twists as have an old one (not tubie) thats 18 years old. its getting a little threadbare. qvc sold out ages ago and these are going for silly money on e bay and i did not want the cheap polyester micro fibre ones.

To have a themed day but no special draw like everything on easy pay makes the whole event a bit pointless to me really, it's just like any other day on QVC.

bought the turbie twists as have an old one (not tubie) thats 18 years old. its getting a little threadbare. qvc sold out ages ago and these are going for silly money on e bay and i did not want the cheap polyester micro fibre ones.
Oh yes I made the mistake of ordering what I thought was a genuine turbie twist on eBay for a couple of quid (what was I thinking!) but it was a polyester microfibre one and it's absolutely useless. Yes it keeps your hair in place, but it doesn't soak up any water whatsoever. Sometimes you do indeed get what you pay for.

I really wish we could have new beauty lines such as
Kiehl's
Charlotte Tillbury
Hourglass
Too faced
Fresh Sugar
Anyone else like to see beauty that has never been on Q.
Lynn :mysmilie_48:

I am still dithering about the TSV. Having seen the AD colours, I've decided not go go for that as I definitely don't want red lip and blush, however sheer. I'm also still dithering about the foundation shade. The only definitely pink-toned one is the fair, and that's probably going to be too light for me ("fair" in Laura Geller B&B, and "fairly medium" in original Bare Minerals). I might go for the turbie twists - I've got a microfiber one - but I don't get micrifibre... am I doing something wrong, because I never get a better absorbancy effect with microfibre compared to cotton, and the feel of them sets my teeth on edge.

A couple of nice L'Occitane sets, but I've got lots of little L'Occy bits already in my stash to create presents come Santa time.

I rather knew, with an AD TSV that there was not going to be across-the-board easy pays...

I've been rather bored watching Ali Young and Alexis endlessly washing their hands with the Almond shower refill OTO (with the sound off of course, so I miss any sifting and gifting advice :mysmilie_11: ).

I've ordered the TSV in fair on auto delivery too.
Was toying with getting her eyeshadow palette when they said it was matt but it sold out. Still wondering about the finishing powder compact

Wasn't June Beauty month?

Between that and Fashion and Jewelry decade, there is very little for me on QVC at the moment.

I am a man*
[*this is shopping TV, I can exaggerate a little]

Haven't watched any of it except for a bit of L'Occitane where they kept punting these shower gel refills for a great one time only price of nearly fifty quid. Clearly not many of us thought it was a bargain. I've got plenty beauty stuff clogging up the bathroom so I'm going to use all that up before I buy anything else :mysmilie_50:

CC

I really wish we could have new beauty lines such as
Kiehl's
Charlotte Tillbury
Hourglass
Too faced
Fresh Sugar
Lynn :mysmilie_48:

There was a hint about Charlotte Tilbury months back, it was the Beauty Awards show. It was quick and moved on, so not sure if they are in talks with her. BUT, as usual if they do get the brand they will not cover all the foundation shades. There are four shades in each group, I am Fair 3(found this out from the Beauty Professor blog, she is fantastic at swatching foundation shades and explaining), but I bet QVC will have only one shade from each Fair, Medium,Dark.
Anyone else like to see beauty that has never been on Q.

There was nothing worth watching. We see each and every one of their brands, day in, day out, so nothing new to watch and I daresay like many people on here, I already have too much of everything as it is. I haven`t bought from Q in a long long time, the bubble has burst for me and I daresay many a tsv is eagerly awaited by people and then once the newness wears off it, the skincare/makeup/bodycare items just get lumped in with everything else we own and then it`s onto the next tsv. Of course this is what Q relies on but I think more and more people are becoming bored with it now.

My name is Akimbo and I'm a beauty addict, it has been 26 hours since my last purchase!

Now that my DD is an adult and a trained make up artist (special effects and ugly-fication rather than beauty) I catch myself justifying another purchase with the excuse that we can share it. It's a complete and utter excuse! Thank goodness for ebay if I've missed the £) day mbg!

:mysmilie_512:

:mysmilie_493:
My name is Akimbo and I'm a beauty addict, it has been 26 hours since my last purchase!

Now that my DD is an adult and a trained make up artist (special effects and ugly-fication rather than beauty) I catch myself justifying another purchase with the excuse that we can share it. It's a complete and utter excuse! Thank goodness for ebay if I've missed the £) day mbg!

:mysmilie_512:

Oh, Akimbo, I'm one too , more recent than your last purchase, & I don't even have the excuse of a makeup artist daughter. Or even a daughter, don't think my civil engineering son would be remotely interested in sharing. :mysmilie_845::mysmilie_845::mysmilie_493:

:mysmilie_493:

Oh, Akimbo, I'm one too , more recent than your last purchase, & I don't even have the excuse of a makeup artist daughter. Or even a daughter, don't think my civil engineering son would be remotely interested in sharing. :mysmilie_845::mysmilie_845::mysmilie_493:

More for you Breeze...it's a win win! See there's no hope for me, I can always find a way to justify that next purchase!

Latest posts

Back