Just when you think they can't sink any lower

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have just received sincerest apologies by email following my complaint about this. So I am glad they have apologised, they say it was never their intention to offend and feedback will go to the GP Manager.

Firstly may I say hello. I have often read (and laughed out loud) at the threads and comments on here but this is the first time I have posted. I saw the presentation in question and was shocked. I wrote an email of complaint to QVC and have not received a response. I have a feeling that they want to sweep this under the carpet and forget it ever happened but as I know someone who was in Paris at the time of the attacks (they were not seriously hurt thank goodness) I do not feel that is good enough.

They took the video off the item on the website and the post on Facebook disappeared too so I agree that they want to sweep it under the carpet like they did with the BCC issue.

Glad to hear they apologised in places but it doesn't deter them from putting Ao'R back on air for three hours today, despite knowing she upset a lot of people, even if inadvertently. AY said that she was back after being suspended for something she said once, so why can't they do the same for guests? I doubt she was made to apologise herself, which she should have done.

Read somewhere someone posted a link about Chas possibly facing a lawsuit as the product has (allegedly) made people lose their hair? Maybe that is on the Q page but on BTY one of the threads refers to it and DF encourages people who like it to go and post that in the interest of balance.

There have been a few people who got together with a lawsuit saying WEN made their hair fall out. I read the latest on this last week on QVC US forum, the WEN people are defending saying everyone loses hair naturally which is true. There is no proof their products cause any form of extra hair loss. Some may find themselves allergic to ingredients and should stop using immediately. I believe in WEN its methol which can cause problems in some. They do sell a version with no methol, which of course we cannot get here in the UK.

So Diamonique has a superpower to protect you?? Look at rabbit's feet, didn't do the rabbit any good. QVC really need to get the governing body ASA. to stand up and slap them hard.

I have just received sincerest apologies by email following my complaint about this. So I am glad they have apologised, they say it was never their intention to offend and feedback will go to the GP Manager.

Was it genuinely sincere or corporate sincere ie a sop?

The girlfriend of a friend of a son of one of my best buddies was killed in Paris (fewer and fewer degrees of separation these days), I didn't know her, of course, but a pendant would not have saved her, possibly a bulletproof vest.

I am so glad I did not see the show as I would have been deeply offended, admittedly I haven't bought from them in years, but that has done absolutely nothing to encourage me to start again.

I have to say, I really don't think Alison O'Reilly was using the Paris attacks as a selling point. I think she was simply associating the events with the need of many people to have their 'lucky' charms or things they perceive to protect them. It was said very delicately and only briefly mentioned.

I know I'm going to get shot down in flames, but I genuinely didn't take any offence from this at all. Just my opinion and perception of what was said.

I have to say, I really don't think Alison O'Reilly was using the Paris attacks as a selling point. I think she was simply associating the events with the need of many people to have their 'lucky' charms or things they perceive to protect them. It was said very delicately and only briefly mentioned.

I know I'm going to get shot down in flames, but I genuinely didn't take any offence from this at all. Just my opinion and perception of what was said.

No you won't get shot down it's your opinion and you're fully entitled, but A OR did mean it as a selling tactic which backfired, she's been an ambassador for Diamonbleek for three years I think she said and I suppose she wants to carry on being one as she loves QVC (her words) so what better way than to keep those sales coming, she was with the "hard sell" queen so probably wanted to keep up and impress.

I hope this was not just me but, during the Andi Peters food fest, he was joking about how he invented verything, popcorn, etc. Throughout this diatribe, he used the phrase "lest we forget", and my reactionary thought, was the events in Paris. I am not suggesting it was intentional, rather an inappropriate choice of phrase.

I hope this was not just me but, during the Andi Peters food fest, he was joking about how he invented verything, popcorn, etc. Throughout this diatribe, he used the phrase "lest we forget", and my reactionary thought, was the events in Paris. I am not suggesting it was intentional, rather an inappropriate choice of phrase.

we can say that about everything though. how far do we go to punish those who momentarily slip up. we have all done it. just because your on tv and all eyes and ears are on you does not mean that we dont all make mistakes. we dont want this to look like a witch hunt. alison is a nice enough person imo i dont think she meant any harm. i am not perfect i dont expect other people to be either

Latest posts

Back