Just when you think they can't sink any lower

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Seems QVC must have pulled it for damage limitation reasons. Although I haven't heard it, I glean that Alison Young was in some way suggesting people buy a pendant in connection with the recent atrocities in Paris. No doubt she will get a stern talking-to by the management.

Not Alison Young, Julius. It was the guest on with DBF selling eek. I do not know her name.

The Angel Wing video is still available. QVC merely removed the link. It can be streamed from the links below:

RTMP

rtmp://starkfs.fplive.net/stark/mp4:80/catchuptv/243/813484_1.mp4
rtmp://starkfs.fplive.net/stark/mp4:80/catchuptv/243/813484_2.mp4
rtmp://starkfs.fplive.net/stark/mp4:80/catchuptv/243/813484_3.mp4

HLS

http://daenerys.simplestream.com/me...p/80/catchuptv/243/813484_1.mp4/playlist.m3u8
http://daenerys.simplestream.com/me...p/80/catchuptv/243/813484_2.mp4/playlist.m3u8
http://daenerys.simplestream.com/me...p/80/catchuptv/243/813484_3.mp4/playlist.m3u8

I knew someone would comment on FB about it, it was too disgusting not to, this is the company who don't even pay tribute to the London bombings, yet will sell "designer Poppies" and put it out there that a glass pendant would keep you safe? Unbelievable! As for DF, she's a seasoned presenter and could've diverted her away from that comment so at the end of the day, Debbie who's said similar in the past probably seen nothing wrong with the comment so just let Alison continue, which to me makes her just as bad.

What is the WEN thread?

Read somewhere someone posted a link about Chas possibly facing a lawsuit as the product has (allegedly) made people lose their hair? Maybe that is on the Q page but on BTY one of the threads refers to it and DF encourages people who like it to go and post that in the interest of balance.

I have just watched the clip. IMHO it is pretty sick to be touting a piece of eek as a protective talisman. Debbie definitely did not verbally agree and not sure how she could have tactfully challenged the guest in that situation. It's a difficult one.
As much as what has happened in Paris is really horrible, I'm not sure I want QVC to be marking it. Should they be marking other terrible things happening in the world too, like high school shootings and people dying in the refugee crisis. If I'm really honest, and I feel awful admitting to it, but I sometimes watch QVC to get away from the news and all the horrible things happening in the world.

Read somewhere someone posted a link about Chas possibly facing a lawsuit as the product has (allegedly) made people lose their hair? Maybe that is on the Q page but on BTY one of the threads refers to it and DF encourages people who like it to go and post that in the interest of balance.

I hope some of her followers don't do as they're told and hope they remeber that some "balanced" reviews might be attached to something they buy that might make their hair fall out or face go red, what goes around and all that. I'm glad I don't do FB or DF would be getting a balanced opinion that I think she's underhand and sneaky, amongst other things.

Found this: case of Wen, three ingredients that were listed under key ingredients can be of concern of [and] in fact it does contain them: Namely Hexyl Cinnamal and Benzyl Benzoate, as these are both recommended for restrictive use in cosmetics by the international Fragrance Association Codes and Standards, and Hydroxycitronella as this is banned from being used on the European Union because it is known to be a human immune system toxin.

Read more: http://stylecaster.com/beauty-high/...oss-heres-what-you-should-know/#ixzz3rXylpZLA

I've just read this thread with horror. I should be surprised at their sales tactics - we all should - but I'm not. They've pulled the video now so they must know it wasn't appropriate, to say the least. I mean I know selling is hardcore, but this?? Words fail.

I have just watched the clip. IMHO it is pretty sick to be touting a piece of eek as a protective talisman. Debbie definitely did not verbally agree and not sure how she could have tactfully challenged the guest in that situation. It's a difficult one.
As much as what has happened in Paris is really horrible, I'm not sure I want QVC to be marking it. Should they be marking other terrible things happening in the world too, like high school shootings and people dying in the refugee crisis. If I'm really honest, and I feel awful admitting to it, but I sometimes watch QVC to get away from the news and all the horrible things happening in the world.

"Should they be marking other terrible things happening in the world too" well they do with poppies and two minute silence, that was a terrible thing that they can make money off, me personally I don't see the harm in giving condolence and respect, but the rest of the world is showing solidarity with Paris, so why not QVC after all they're comfortable taking the citizens of Paris money after all. Amazon know how to mark occasions with dignity and respect so they get my respect back, but let's not forget at the end of the day Paris is less than an hour away by plane and it could've easily have happened to us.

Last edited:
The subject of this thread, is one of the reasons the presenters could not survive in sales. I work in sales for, probably, the company at the forefront of tech sales, in the country. I sell with integrity, and will never compromise this, by telling a customer anything I feel will get me a sale. I don't need to. More pertinently, that customer knows who I am, and where I work, if they have a problem. I have to deal with any of my customers' issues; QVC presenters waffle about a product, and that is the beginning and end of their 'interaction' with the shopper. Customer Service have to deal with any hassle. God forbid the presenters should have to deal with their own cock ups!
tbf to QVC, the website displayed the "solidarite" message, from - and I'm guessing, as I don't have it on permanently - at least 4pm. QVC US had it on first.
I don't watch much QVC, so didn't hear what was said. When atrocities such as this occur, it puts life into perspective. Next time I sell an ipad, I'll have to remember to use the 'you can stay in touch with news about terrorist attacks on the go!' line! Hope I'm not giving them any ideas!
Les sympathies de la Grande Bretagne sont avec la france.

In the artificial construct which is selly telly world, I do rather agree with you LLE. But I'd rather they just didn't mention events in any way shape or form rather than do what they did - even if it was a guest who said it.

I said it earlier, but I'll say it again - QVC need to be more aware and proactive - they should be briefing their guests and presenters about what they should or shouldn't say in the face of tragic events. And linking to an event as a sales ploy simply has to be beyond the pale.

In the artificial construct which is selly telly world, I do rather agree with you LLE. But I'd rather they just didn't mention events in any way shape or form rather than do what they did - even if it was a guest who said it.

I said it earlier, but I'll say it again - QVC need to be more aware and proactive - they should be briefing their guests and presenters about what they should or shouldn't say in the face of tragic events. And linking to an event as a sales ploy simply has to be beyond the pale.

But remember the backlash the queen got when they tried not to mention the death of Diana. I know the circumstances are different but they should have done the same as Amazon on the website with the flag and "solidarity" and they should have done it quickly. I don't think any of the presenters or guests should have mentioned it air, though.

Latest posts

Back