Keeley/PCMC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It looks like Keeley's status and the subsequent 90 odd comments have been removed now!!!

About time: some of those comments were quite rabid.

And that's just about skincare - imagine if it had REALLY been a serious subject? :wonder:

I doubt we'll ever know...unless Keeley tells her facebook friends about it.

Jude xx

How long does 100ml PCMC last you? I thought Keeley said yesterday it only has a 6 month shelf life once opened. That doesn't seem long to me for such a huge pot.

With 5 different parabens in it you'd expect it to last a lot longer than 6 months once opened

Six months shelf life is to do with Elemis' allowance for their actives to stay potent enough for the product to work as designed. As with everything else with a shelf life, this usually is a conservative estimate, so you have few more months potentially to continue to enjoy it. Their products also have lover levels of preservatives(parabens), than say Gatineau or Decleor.

How do you know whether Elemis products have less concentration of parabens than Decleor or Gatineau, out of curiosity? The ingredients label on the bottom of a PCMC jar doesn't state percentages. I'm not sure why Elemis need to stick parabens/silicone/glycerin in PCMC anyway. Respected skincare brands like REN don't

And of course the whole Keeleygate thing was sparked off by her nonsensical reply to this very question. I am still no further enlightened

I'd love someone to ring in when she was on air and ask why there are so many artificial preservatives in the cream. See what she said.

Six months shelf life is to do with Elemis' allowance for their actives to stay potent enough for the product to work as designed. As with everything else with a shelf life, this usually is a conservative estimate, so you have few more months potentially to continue to enjoy it. Their products also have lover levels of preservatives(parabens), than say Gatineau or Decleor.

I am not sure on the details as to how levels compare but I do know that quite a number of Decleor products are now paraben free.

How do you know whether Elemis products have less concentration of parabens than Decleor or Gatineau, out of curiosity? The ingredients label on the bottom of a PCMC jar doesn't state percentages. I'm not sure why Elemis need to stick parabens/silicone/glycerin in PCMC anyway. Respected skincare brands like REN don't

Once upon a time, I was completely hypnotised by Q's beauty shows magic spell and never used to miss a show:blush:, so have heard Keeley say the facts regarding the 6m rule and the levels of preservatives being lower than industry standard. I added myself G and D as examples. Gatineau has very long shelf life before opening and even after opening and Decleor used to have longish shelf life in general. So that means percentage of preservatives is higher.

As to Decleor products not containing parabens (referring to Sazza's post), that is most likely the case now (but I wouldn't know or care any longer, as not under the spell any more:rock:)

I'm afraid that I take everything Keeley spouts with not a pinch of, but a fistful of salt. It's the biggest load of pseudo-scientific mumbo-jumbo and I don't think even she understands what she is saying. I used to buy Elemis products, and loved them at one point, but the constant sales spiel Keeley employs (that a skincare routine needs about 10 different products to give you "optimum" results- and swelling Elemis coffers at the same time) together with her nonsensical description of the products and their purpose have put me off the brand now. And not forgetting her little tantrum here and on Facebook either.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

I love pcmc and always remember when it first came out how one could use it ALL over the face, including the eye area, wow!, no need for eye cream, that was until Elemis brought out the eye cream to match! Life was quite simple in the old days....then came Tri-enzyme (spell?) to add to the routine.. ridiculous time and money spent on the face.:sleepy: I gave up after that, after all it really boils down to inherited genes. :hi:

daydreamer

Liz Earle uses parabens and sees no problems with them.

I remember Decleor used to put a proper use by date on their products you could see the exact month and year of manufacture. Then the whole industry followed the EU rule of just pulling 6,12 or 18 months.

Myself I always go by the smell and texture test, if it smells off it is it it has separated its off.

Liz Earle uses parabens and sees no problems with them.
I remember Decleor used to put a proper use by date on their products you could see the exact month and year of manufacture. Then the whole industry followed the EU rule of just pulling 6,12 or 18 months.

Myself I always go by the smell and texture test, if it smells off it is it it has separated its off.

Liz Earle information fact sheet - The truth about preservatives

http://uk.lizearle.com/media/pdf/preservatives_fact_sheet.pdf

there is a lot of controversial evidence about parabens, and nothing has proved anything. But it is interesting to see the studies quoted by the "No parabens" groups, which are all very suspect. they are however a very powerful group and branding the slogans around often enough means that loads of people are prepared to accept them as gospel. For instance just look at the persistence of the: drink 2 liters of water a day
And do not even think of the study that "proves" that parabens cause breast cancer :angry:. Do not want to bore you with it, but as parabens are naturally in even food substances that is hardly a surprise and the whole study was very miss interpreted, but happy to explain if anyone wants to know so PM me, rather then let me bore everyone on here with facts

most ilnesses tend to be genetic and i do believe that cosmetic companies amongst other businesses tend to convieniently forget that to sell anather product

the study tested 40 women who have had a mastectomy. They were tested for 5 different parabens, of which 99% were found to have them. Different types of parabens were found in different parts of the breast tissue tested ((n-propylparaben, methylparaben, n-butylparaben, ethylparaben and isobutylparaben).
The study did not compare breast tissue from healthy womenand the study did not prove that there is any connection with parabens and breast cancer. Nor have any studies be done to confirm that parabens will also be found in male breast tissue.
There was no study done to connect skin care or deodorants with parabens found in breast tissue, although it has to be mentioned that some 7 % of the women participating in the study had never used deodorants. That in itself does not mean much as most deodorants do not contain parabens as they do not need to be used as a preservative in these products
indeed parabens are also found in foods, and even in naturally occurring foods, so there has to be a lot more testing to see if we can absorb parabens from foods or absorption from skin care
Studies have shown that parabens have similar properties to oestrogens, and researchers do know that it does play a role in the development of breast cancer but it is still speculation at this stage over how/why and we have seen enough studies that show potatoes give cancer as they also have " a role in the development" so I am waiting to see a lot more evidence. For a start we know that food has a role in cancer/diabetes and we still all eat lol (attemp at humour as this is getting very heavy)
well you said go ahead, have kept this brief, but there is a lot of stuff about this on google, have a look but be aware of who posts what and what role they have in natural skin care vs use of preservatives in skin care. Natural does not always mean best and people can have reactions to anything, even natural ingredient

The study which caused all the controversy as the Daily Mail reported it very oddly:
Barr L, Metaxas G, Harbach CAJ et al. Measurement of paraben concentrations in human breast tissue at serial locations across the breast from axilla to sternum. Journal of Applied Toxicology, January 12 2012 (published online)

Last edited:
I am not put off by parabens,if I like something I'll use it,regardless,and I like pcmc in the spring and summer when my face is not craving a richer cream.

Latest posts

Back