Kelly Hoppen Home Designs TSV 16/08/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I find the tsv presentation laughable, how on earth would we know how to place our vase if it wasn't for KH showing us how.I wouldn't give her odd looking vase house room.

It is GRIM. In fact it is even worse in real life, than it was in the photo. My daughter works with someone who just loves KH & buys the pots, sorry pieces of art pottery, as gifts. Being really sad I'm going to see if I can find her reviews, should be a good read.

I feel like I should be on CSI or NCIS because that only took a few seconds. She feels that KH pots bring joy :mysmilie_19:

Just as an aside. I am really getting pig sick of this silly trend to call Beige things 'Nude'. Firstly, an inanimate object cannot be 'Nude'. Secondly, there is no such colour as 'Nude', since no two naked bodies are the same shade.
It's BEIGE for crying out loud! (And it's dead boring).

Just as an aside. I am really getting pig sick of this silly trend to call Beige things 'Nude'. Firstly, an inanimate object cannot be 'Nude'. Secondly, there is no such colour as 'Nude', since no two naked bodies are the same shade.
It's BEIGE for crying out loud! (And it's dead boring).

Beige is obviously a word never uttered by designers & suchlike who use everything from biscuit to taupe to describe beige. I've got a sallow complexion & quite dark eyes so all the milky colours wash me out, in fact I only got away with a cream wedding dress because I was so young. I would never wear a 'nude' lipstick but had a really good laugh when I read how to find your perfect one, it required taking off your bra & I wondered how many would do that in the make up section of Debenhams & similar.

My husband caught sight of this tsv when it was launched last night and he said " why would anybody want a vase shaped like a bum ?".
PS I can now see what he means when you look at it from certain angles !

Even "beige" would have sounded fancy 40 years ago...we had "Fawn" school socks...that's a word these "Stylists" will reinvent in coming years as though they thought of it!

Even "beige" would have sounded fancy 40 years ago...we had "Fawn" school socks...that's a word these "Stylists" will reinvent in coming years as though they thought of it!

We had 'fawn' school shirts - possibly the least flattering garment I've ever worn

Yup that's the colour! Put that with sh!t-brown uniform and pale orange shirts and teenage complexions and even the hormone monsters in the boys school next-door wouldn't fancy us!...well that was the plan!:angel:

Yup that's the colour! Put that with sh!t-brown uniform and pale orange shirts and teenage complexions and even the hormone monsters in the boys school next-door wouldn't fancy us!...well that was the plan!:angel:

We had sh*t brown uniforms too - who the hell ever thought that would be a good combo, sounds like we were both kitted out in the varying stages of bowel movements! Our combo was 'brightened' up by a yellow, pale blue and navy striped tie mind...nice.

We had 'fawn' school shirts - possibly the least flattering garment I've ever worn

Ours were a pale peppermint green & we all looked bilious. Every item of clothing, including knickers, had to have name tags sewn in & once a week we had to kneel on a certain step so that our skirt length could be measured. All that plus calculus & the most evil textiles teacher who ever threaded a needle. Happy days, not.

Regardless of the utter hideousness of the TSV or the dour presence of snooty-nose herself, it's JF I'm sick of already. Why does she always put herself first when saying what she has been up to, or presenting a guest? "Myself and..." Ugh. If QVC want to sell high end and be the Harrods of the airwaves, they need to get presenters up to the job.

The Imedeen woman recently said that JF uses their products. Well, if that's what they do for you, no thanks :p I've always thought her skin looks bad, especially considering she professes to only use Perricone products.

Oooh! You went to Queen Mary's?

My husband caught sight of this tsv when it was launched last night and he said " why would anybody want a vase shaped like a bum ?".
PS I can now see what he means when you look at it from certain angles !

I was thinking of something else but yes, bum will work. :mysmilie_17:
The cleaner version is that yellow ball off Pac-Man.

:mysmilie_458::mysmilie_458:

I couldn't believe they displayed it on a bedside cabinet !! why ???? sure to get knocked over in the middle of the night when looking for specs or trying to find the clock, and where would a lamp and a glass of water go ? Might be called 'sculpture' but its a dust collector that looks hard to clean inside.

Jill F always goes into overdrive when a 'celebrity' comes on. The gushing never stops.. "hello my lovely" "oh we are sooo alike" , God its painful and embarrassing to watch. She might well have moved in those circles when her husband had his own PR company, but its only QVC 'sweetie' !!

Here's her 'hubby'........................https://www.prweek.com/article/1293664/larry-franks-sells-beige-megan-greenwood

Here's another site with comments not dissimilar to ours on here...........https://www.marathi.tv/anchor/jill-franks/

I couldn't believe they displayed it on a bedside cabinet !! why ???? sure to get knocked over in the middle of the night when looking for specs or trying to find the clock, and where would a lamp and a glass of water go ? Might be called 'sculpture' but its a dust collector that looks hard to clean inside.

Jill F always goes into overdrive when a 'celebrity' comes on. The gushing never stops.. "hello my lovely" "oh we are sooo alike" , God its painful and embarrassing to watch. She might well have moved in those circles when her husband had his own PR company, but its only QVC 'sweetie' !!

Here's her 'hubby'........................https://www.prweek.com/article/1293664/larry-franks-sells-beige-megan-greenwood

Here's another site with comments not dissimilar to ours on here...........https://www.marathi.tv/anchor/jill-franks/

It was called Beige. I'm amazed that his wife didn't insist on a change of name to something else, maybe Nude..!

Guilty!

:mysmilie_3:
I like to think I may have gone there myself, if we hadn't emigrated a couple of months prior to me taking the 11+. We lived in Freck' at the time and QM's was our nearest GS, otherwise it would have been Carr Hill at Kirkham. I rather fancied myself in the lovely purple uniform at (?)Elmfield though. As it happens, I went off to OZ, where secondary education starts at 13, not 11. The uniform was an absolute fright; a grey sweetheart neck pinafore dress with a full pleated skirt over white short sleeved blouse and pale blue ankle socks with black lace up shoes! Thankfully didn't have to wear it for long, as we were back in dear old Blighty by the time I hit 14, and I was thankful for the ordinariness of the Navy skirt and sweater uniform of the comp I ended up at!

Elmslie had purple uniforms, also Arnold in Blackpool started taking girls and their green uniform was still preferable to our brown one. QM merged with King Edwards and more recently absorbed Arnold (was a huge uproar at the time). I believe Kirkham Grammar had girl pupils too.
My sister is 11 years older and she also went to QM, she had a straw panama hat in the Summer term which looked like the St Trinians one - sadly the school wasn't nearly as much fun as St Trinians!

I remember playing against QM school at hockey back in the 60`s. Our uniform was awful, black pinafores with a kind of cross over front. white shirts and school tie, a long gaberdine belted mac and a hat which resembles a bowler hat with the brim turned down at the front and lace up TUF shoes. I hated the uniform and hated the school too.

Latest posts

Back